Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 7th, 2015"

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    and some casual clothing we can wear over our armor. Or allow us to wear the current stolen clothes over armor, of course.

You want to pull a shirt over your plate armour, or what are you trying to say?
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very disappointed in you guys again. Limited availability? Really? As in, you don't have enough copies of digital... I just.... smh..
    [snip]

Other than that, costumes are good and everything. But limited availability of that mount.. Really upsets me..

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 26 November 2023 18:53
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Very very disappointed in you guys again. Limited availability? Really? As in, you don't have enough copies of digital... I just.... smh..
    [snip]

Other than that, costumes are good and everything. But limited availability of that mount.. Really upsets me..
    [snip] It's pure cosmetics, you can get another mount just as useful for fraction of the price, it doesn't hurt anyone at all. Let them have their limited time offers, the more money they make on them, the fewer grinds they'll have to add to real gameplay.

[edited for bashing & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 26 November 2023 18:54
    Options
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Buncha things:
    1. Yes to dyeable costumes/vanity skins!
    2. Yes to more multiracial "formal" gear.
    3. Tattoos/jewelry packs perhaps? That can be worn along with vanity skins?
    4. How about being able to change the color/style of barding on mounts?
    5. RE harassment on Playstation: Believe me, it makes playing Destiny almost impossible. It's a real concern. It's part of why I prefer to use PCs vs consoles.
    6. Mounts: Will we be seeing more when Orsinium launches?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    Options
  • evacsdb14_ESO
    Thank you for listening to me about adding a leopard to consoles. It's gorgeous. Now please add the MUTE FEATURE. Sony only allows us to block 30 players and I've maxed that because they are horny little *** and don't know how to act around females. Please take better steps to protect the female gamers in your community, just add the mute feature.

Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
      [6] Mounts: Will we be seeing more when Orsinium launches?

I believe there'll be a new limited time mount every month, so that means plenty of mounts between now and Orsinium, and after. What kind of mounts they'll have after the coming one? I don't know, but it won't be a Senche anymore. It'll most likely be the Soul Shriven Horse. But after that, no idea. Perhaps finally a 4th type of mount.
    Edited by Jiigen on 9 August 2015 01:27
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
    Options
  • Cammando12
    Cammando12
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Crown Store Showcase: August 7th, 2015."

Check out all of this months new offerings, including the Nedic Warrior Pack and a limited-time only Clouded Senche-Leopard! See what else we have in-store in our latest issue.

nsz0xstd00e2.jpg

Will the Nedic warrior armor be also sold as a Motif in the future, as I would pay good money to be able to use just the helm in that set.
    Options
  • snuspresten
    snuspresten
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously. Stop with the money grabbing. A sub would be better if this content came with it as in-game currency, and a decent priced one at that. This is getting ridiculous! 2500 crowns for a mount is over priced. Almost as bad as Warframe.
    Edited by snuspresten on 9 August 2015 08:14
    Options
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop. Making. Limited. Time. Content.

We live in a digital era and you actually have limited content? Come on. You might get more sales of the same item longterm if you didn't remove it. It's not even special, it's just a re-skin that you spent maybe 1 hour on. It has nothing going for it other than being a different skin. so why limit it?
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only crown store stuff I like is the costumes, but until they are dyeable I won't be spending any money on them.
    Options
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'll be buying it all for sure but where is the blacksmith and chef costumes zos?

Male wedding attire finally, looks great also.
    Options
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, the inclusion of monthly limited mounts is a good idea to support the continuous funding of the game. We all want ESO to stay alive and well for many years to come, hopefully in the future we will have the whole continent of Tamriel accessible in the game. These mounts are simply cosmetic, so no one has to purchase them to play more efficiently and those who actually wish to support the development of the game can do it this way and have a visual perk for that active support. I see nothing wrong with that. It's a fair and honest method and it keeps the game away from Pay2Win additions.
    Options
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    ff5d991bae79f69e03b377397caa15c3.jpg

A Lannister always pays their debts.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    [snip]

Yes, it is unfortunate. [snip] It's actually an extremely risky tactic, as customer satisfaction, especially within an MMO context, is very important. This is because player 'word' of mouth/social-media-usage is the most powerful form of long term advertising for games.

[edited for bashing & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 26 November 2023 18:56
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • IIIMPIII
    IIIMPIII
    Hoping this mount is $10!
    Options
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Please add prices in crowns to update posts like that.
    Previous 'coming soon to the crown store near you' was always with prices included,
    so people could plan when to buy additional crowns if needed ;)

I've been waiting for this mount LOOOOOONG time :):love:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
    Options
  • Brassmonkey
    Did they give any official word on whether or not this would be the last cat mount? They did a really awesome texture job on this one. Looks really nice. :)
    Options
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Did they give any official word on whether or not this would be the last cat mount? They did a really awesome texture job on this one. Looks really nice. :)

They never gave an official word, however, months and months ago they first shown screenshots of a bunch of Senche mounts. And this was the only one that was still missing, plus next month when there'll be another mount, it's while the new Update is in place, so it's a good combination.
    Which is why I think this was the last Senche mount.

PC EU
    Options
  • mike.margesb16_ESO
    mike.margesb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would be nice to be able to purchase a special "crate" of tempers and trait stones.
    Players are constantly upgrading weapons and armor as they climb levels. Could be a healthy ongoing revenue stream.
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dear god, how many reskins are you gonna do of the same models ZOS? give us something NEW.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on 11 August 2015 01:40
    Options
  • Fanman420
    Fanman420
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope it's not going to be 3000 crown it should at least be cheaper for ESO plus members
    Options
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Fanman420 wrote: »
    I really hope it's not going to be 3000 crown it should at least be cheaper for ESO plus members

Now that would be a good incentive for people to subscribe. Quite a valuable marketing idea.
    Options
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Remember in Morrowind when you could wear like 20 different armor pieces? Robes over all of your armor and multiple different armor pieces? Good times...
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
    Options
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    99Mile wrote: »
    I really want a pet monkey to be added.

:0 YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?
    (I actually have it and hate it and its ugly as sin)
    Greatsword wrote: »
    So they skipped the Mind Shriven Horse after all? Bummer.

The Mind Shriven Horse is part of the Imperial City DLC so I doubt they'll offer it in the Crown Store (at least not for a long time anyway)

It's been frequently requested that these updates include the cost of each item, can anyone say if or when that will be implemented?

EDIT
    bedlom wrote: »
    I know I'll be buying it all for sure but where is the blacksmith and chef costumes zos?

Male wedding attire finally, looks great also.
    The blacksmithing and chef costumes where discounted some time ago, they where announced as being discontinued and marked down to half price for like, a week or more. Srry brah.
    Edited by Drawberrry on 12 August 2015 05:11
    Options
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marques wrote: »
    Actually, the inclusion of monthly limited mounts is a good idea to support the continuous funding of the game. We all want ESO to stay alive and well for many years to come, hopefully in the future we will have the whole continent of Tamriel accessible in the game. These mounts are simply cosmetic, so no one has to purchase them to play more efficiently and those who actually wish to support the development of the game can do it this way and have a visual perk for that active support. I see nothing wrong with that. It's a fair and honest method and it keeps the game away from Pay2Win additions.

Actually, it's a bad idea. 4 days to buy a limited time mount that no one even knows about. Someone that checks the store for new additions every 7 days despite there being no update? Welp, they most definitely missed it. Infact the only way people would even know about it is if they check the website for news or the store within every 4 days, as there is also NO actual notifications on news within the game. It's like having a promotion without telling anyone, and the only way to take part in the promo is to indicate you're aware of it's existence.

I want ESO to stay alive too, that's why i want the promotional mounts to be available for purchase good, or at least much longer than 4 days, maybe even put in a rotating cycle so they aren't gone for good. (which, as you mentioned fair, would also be fair toward the console players who missed out on many things due to the delays of the release) Because it means in the long term it'll get more sales than it would in just 4 days for something that people don't even check news when an update happens that they knew took place. It also means people can not accuse ZoS of cash grabbing schemes, which is always a reputation ruiner.

I've already bought the equivalent to 25,000 crowns sadly since it launched on PS4, if i could have, i would have bought the past items i missed, but because of the limited time BS, rather than a guaranteed purchase, they don't want to 'earn' extra money for a simple skin that took what i'd guess is one hours time.
    Options
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of the helmet but I like the Nedic Warrior armor sets. The medium armor one (middle in the photo) is my favorite. The chest piece is cool and fits well with the lower body cloth.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
    Options
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attention, Tamriel's finest citizens! The Clouded Senche-Leopard is now available in the Crown Store across all platforms. This purrfect new mount offering will only be available until 10am EDT on Monday, 8/17.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attention, Tamriel's finest citizens! The Clouded Senche-Leopard is now available in the Crown Store across all platforms. This purrfect new mount offering will only be available until 10am EDT on Monday, 8/17.

Sweet, purchased
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey Nice. Thank you for the heads up!
    Options
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to avoid Guar and Leopard mounts for lore reasons, but I think I'm going to have to break down and buy this. It looks too badass to pass up!
    Edited by The_4O4 on 14 August 2015 02:36
    Options