Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Error 318 You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit? (PS4)

JediRift
JediRift
✭✭✭
Error 318 You have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (i.e. spamming)

I just received this error and was kicked off when I was simply switching through pages on the guild bank deposit history.

14dcyyr.jpg

[Arcane] is recruiting! Daggerfall PS4 NA PvP/PvE - 400+ active members ~ Main recruitment thread ~ www.facebook.com/ArcaneGuild
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    Tut tut mate you really shouldnt be spamming on the console text chat... :lol:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens every once in a while. Just log back in. If on the rare occasion your really locked out, contact customer support with a phone call and they will get you back in. However 99% of the time, this is a glitch (and it does not happen that often really) and a generic error message.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually happen when messages sent from client to server delays (lag may have a factor in this), then afterwards it all get sent to the server all at once, making it looks like you're spamming. It happens, but you can log back in.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove text chat from console! Text chat OP!
  • Ontolog
    Ontolog
    Soul Shriven
    I keep getting this error. The game is literally unplayable garbage at this point.
  • keboid
    keboid
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, i have like 66 ping and i get these errors and ppl are jumping around me and sometimes i am "lag teleported" back. Its pretty crappy at this point.
  • Blood_Oracle
    Happened to me too. Just relog and it'll be fine.

Also, git gud.
  • Nexus_Emperor
    Nexus_Emperor
    ✭✭
    Im try get flowlees & rund 7 get these massge every time im go to vma on xbox one
    I'm play ESO on Xbox 2015-2018
    AND i Move create New Account on PC EU server Cp1080
    i play Trials i like it more i complete Vmol +VSS+Vhof+Vcr
    i love these game and fun time with new people