Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Issues: Display of Character Names; Voice Chat; & Server shards

Rosebee
Rosebee
I'm nearly level 10, have been playing for hours... and ALL I SEE is other people's PSN IDs. No one can see my Character Name, I don't know any one else's name... it's AWFUL.

It ruins the immersion of the game, and I hate it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change it. Please at least add a setting that allows me the option of displaying others' UserIDs or Character Names. Please show UserIDs plus Character Names in the Social menu list.

Other issues I'm having:
Server Shards: In group with guild members, can hear them in Guild Chat, their carat icon shows (right on top of or next to mine) when I pull up the map... but when I look for them in game they're no where to be found. Please find a way to fix the shard choices so that all guild members are on the same shard (or give us a way to re-spawn/appear on the same shard as our guildmates).

Voice Chat: One can easily read 10 sentences posted at the same time by 10 different people. This is NOT HUMANLY possible to do in voice chat. Especially for gamers like myself who are Hard of Hearing (especially true for deaf gamers)! Please add guild chat as an optional addition for guilds to implement.
I love the lack of area chat (no area/zone chat, means no damn bots selling gold for dollars).

Please include some default voice chat settings (like not automatically switching my chat to group chat... so far I'm grouping with my guild and I want to stay in guild chat, but each time I group up it kicks me out of guild chat).

Things I love:
Other than the UserIDs where I want to see Character Names, I love the immersion. The UI is wonderful, I especially like not having the XP bar displayed all the time, it makes the game feel much more freeing, open, and I like the unpressured feeling of it all.

Thank you for your attention to these issues & concerns of mine. I do LOVE the game, and want it to be the best it can be.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosebee wrote: »

Other issues I'm having:
    Server Shards: In group with guild members, can hear them in Guild Chat, their carat icon shows (right on top of or next to mine) when I pull up the map... but when I look for them in game they're no where to be found. Please find a way to fix the shard choices so that all guild members are on the same shard (or give us a way to re-spawn/appear on the same shard as our guildmates).

Voice Chat: One can easily read 10 sentences posted at the same time by 10 different people. This is NOT HUMANLY possible to do in voice chat. Especially for gamers like myself who are Hard of Hearing (especially true for deaf gamers)! Please add guild chat as an optional addition for guilds to implement.
    I love the lack of area chat (no area/zone chat, means no damn bots selling gold for dollars).

The server shard issue has been a problem since PC beta. And hasn't been fixed for over a year so don't get your hopes up.

What you can do is use "Travel to Leader" to all get on the same shard.

As far as no text chat? This was the number 1 biggest complaint during console beta. ZoS refused to budge on their stance that the console version doesn't need a text chat, despite the communities feedback. Based on the way they've done things in the past, I also wouldn't get my hopes up on this.
  • pasmith_ESO
    pasmith_ESO
    ✭✭
    Just want to throw my totally inconsequential weight behind the character names thing. What's the point of us naming our characters if all we're going to see are name tags?
  • Rosebee
    Rosebee
    Bouvin wrote: »
    What you can do is use "Travel to Leader" to all get on the same shard.

Thank you! I was going crazy trying to figure out what was going on.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the names. This is the first MMO I ever played that didn't show your characters name. Plus it would be nice to see there name above there heads. Well I guess that could cause more lag. Other than that I love this game.