Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Possible observation on console microstutter

Dragonphart
Dragonphart
✭✭
Disclaimer: this is all speculation.

Playing on the PS4 the other day I came across an interesting bug. A message came on that it was changing local chat to channel one and had count down timer. The game stalled each time it did this and when some one ran by. A reboot of the game fixed this.

As I run through the towns rhythm of the micro stutters feel exactly the same. Now to me it feels like every time I am passing through some proximity chat the game halts as it loads the new chat zone. And because to the number of players in town, this is quite frequent. So it appears to me to an issue of the proximity chat stumbling to keep up with the number of people passing through it. There can be lag in the PC version but it does not have the same feel as this micro stutter.

Oh and BTW ZOS, saying that lag and stutter is an issue of to many people in one zone does not really fly (in my book). This is an MMO. If the game engine cannot handle a large number of people in one zone, PvE or PvP, then your game engine is not designed or optimized to properly handle the number of agents in the local area, You advertised it could handles hundreds in PvP battles in the beginning. Just saying.