Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

major jerking and micro pausing when running around town with players in them and such...

jgfuntime
jgfuntime
I was fine last night with players in towns and so forth but today as of 9am cst it has been hell. Rebooted router , cable modem , ps4. Was fine a few minutes on and off then back to jerky jerky and lag with pauses in there. I have capability to play other mmos on pc and ps4 in same house same time and get not lag. FFXIV is a good example of one such game. Different data centers im sure but still what is going on? what gives? IS the servers just that overloaded or am I the only one in the whole US that gets this kind of problem right now? I live in IL south of chicago about 3 hours away. Have very good A+ certified internet by pingtest webpage and nothing seems to be going on my end funny. Comcast checks things as A+ too so not sure what to do.. Game is playable but not enjoyable.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server lag ... more players = more data, always happens with a new game and new servers. This occurred to a major extent in PC version early days too ... some trips to town were unbearable. My understanding is that the console servers were not significantly stress tested during beta, so with this being the first few days now is the real test of server capacity.

From discussions detailing "play with a friend" problems it also appears there is not a single mega-server but instancing of towns as well as dungeons in order to try to cope with player demand and reduce lag caused by many players in town. No doubt getting the server capacity vs demand will be an ongoing process.

There is strong opinion that the PC versions were released in beta so not surprised with console jitters in the first few days, it may well take weeks or even months to get the console versions of ESO working smoothly.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• jgfuntime
    jgfuntime
    @OzJohnD Very well put. I appreciate your sincere feedback and now I feel little bit better about my situation. From what you tell me I can put my mind at ease and not worry about things on my end for now? If so I do feel alot better now. Thanks for your support.
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    As a pc player - I do admit that there is one big benefit of consoles: you all play with the same hardware so if you and others are experiencing the same issues - it's not you.

The issues you are experiencing are similar on PC and to some extent still exist today.