Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Login Failed. An unexpected internal error has occurred.

theden9b14_ESO
theden9b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I was able to link my account(finally!) but now I keep getting this.

I see that people have been able to log in now but this is the same error I was getting at midnight last night.

What do I need to do to play this thing?
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switch server from NA to EU play then switch back should work, worked for me last night
  • theden9b14_ESO
    theden9b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. That worked.

It would have been nice if ESO customer service would have been as helpful.

Thanks again!
  • forgingeagle_ESO
    Totally worked for me too. Thanks!
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    yup that worked thank you
  • ArticWolfe
    ArticWolfe
    Soul Shriven
    I did this now I have a login fail connection to server timed out.
  • coolcat132
    coolcat132
    Soul Shriven
    I log in fine, but as soon as i leave the wailing prison (tutorial area) it has the internal error. What do i do?
  • Saber_Zero
    Saber_Zero
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a lot it worked for me and now I get to play BOOM SAUCE!!!
  • FallenOne777
    FallenOne777
    Soul Shriven
    It is avaliable you just have to loggin as in Europe play the game until you get out the prison then back out to main menu then change it back to north america it looks like there is a small glich they have to fix the down fall to this is that i had to re do my caracter from scrach and play the first mission all over agien
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, all.
    We are closing this thread because there is already a thread about this issue. Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion, and check out this post in that thread for more information on possible workarounds for this problem.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.