Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Skyshards and Lorebooks

SkodaZek
SkodaZek
✭✭
As a veteran PC player who's PC recently had a meltdown the release of console ESO is a blessing.

My question / concern is regarding an addon that myself and most other players have come to consider nigh essential for the game that obviously will be unavailable in the console release. Skyshards and Lorebooks on the map. Skyshards specifically are essential part of the game and for people like myself with no PC sitting beside us to constantly have a fan made map to reference it creates a largely unfun time sink that requires extensive out of game effort just to remain competitive.

Skyshards and Lorebooks need to be revealed on in game map by some method. Not necessarily by default, even of some task in game is required to unlock said information on the map. As long as it is available.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Skoda Zek - Dragonknight
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Skyshards should NOT be marked on the map. You've got clues that should help for about 50%, about a third of them are just in dungeons, and the rest you can look up online if you are that impatient to find them

The whole point of skyshards is to reward exploration. I like exploring - and this is my reward for doing that.

Lorebooks... I think the mages guild should provide quests to tell you where the next lorebook will be - similar to the dragon wall quests you could get in Skyrim. Perhaps "Rumours have been heard that a copy of a rare book has been found by slavers in Shadowfen" and then a big circle on the map around The Slaver Camp.

But only one or two available at a time...

EDIT: I think the lorebook thing should be on the PC Version as well... it seems like a reasonable thing to do...
    Edited by AdamBourke on 9 June 2015 12:46
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you must know where every skyshard and lorebook are without searching for them, google them. That is one point I concede should never be included in the game's UI.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to know where the skyshards are, you can use >> our german maps here <<.

Lorebooks maybe come later, we have a lot to do at the moment. But as daemonios said, it's the best to google, if you really need to know where you'll find them.
  • Sl1ckTh1ef
    This isn't a Technical issue.

Also .. no.. just ...no.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I started using the Add on for the Skyshards, I would just print out a skyshard map for the zone I am in and use that. I also did not use the Lorebook addon for a long time. When I finally loaded that, I was amazed at how many books I found without it. In other words there were only a couple of books per zone that I missed.

Which is really weird as I tended to walk right by Skyshards and miss them, hence printing the maps. But Lore Books, I could see them from across the map....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Which is really weird as I tended to walk right by Skyshards and miss them, hence printing the maps. But Lore Books, I could see them from across the map....

I think the lore books are placed to be noticeable - as they are small and tiny. I think with the skyshard beacons - the fact they were easy to see would have made the level designers try to hide them more? Just a though...

PS4 - EU

• SkodaZek
    SkodaZek
    ✭✭
    The end game of ESO is pop essentially. Which means balancing is of large concern. I enjoy a good grind as much as the next guy. That being said, I derive absolutely no pleasure in being forced to spend hours of doing out of game research in order to ensure that when I do reach that pinnacle I am on par.

Due to skyshards directly influencing character power and capabilities you are essentially forced to make sure you aquire them if you want to be 100% balanced with the potential of other players out there. If this is was not an item class that directly influenced balancing then I would not care. There is a reason the PC UI addons that addressed this specifically were used nigh universally among the player base.
    Sincerely,
    Skoda Zek - Dragonknight
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    what about minimap ? or harvens quest journal ?FTC ? man, i couldnt play at all without these addons, even if u offer me the
    console itself for free..
  • Nightingale1176
    They need to be a toggle in a menu or paid addon to those who want it. I've been playing since launch, Skyshards and Lorebooks are a big deal during leveling. So now that I am stating completely over (by choice - I could have moved my toons over) Skyshards are a little annoying but lorebooks are officially a pain in the butt again with no add-on. So the mage guild tree is gonna be hard as crap to get ready for cadwell's silver to make it 10.

Also side note, IF you collect every book in 1-49 zone you only have around mage guild 7/8, and it still takes most of the cadwell silver books to make mage guild 10. So skills and passives you needed 4/5 levels ago you will just be getting as you start cadwell gold.

also the person who claims it pay to win if we buy the addon for shards and books... it's not i have all of them shown on my computer version and still dont have ALL of them collected, like Craglorn and Cyrodiil.
    Founder - Nightingale Supply Co. YouTube - Nightingale Gaming

Alexxia Aurelia - Stamplar
    Arena Gabrielle - Templar Healer
    Auri-ela - Magic Templar
    Crazy Uncle Sheo - DK Tank/Fire Mage - Retired
    Karliah Riggs - Crafter
    Nocturnal - NB Magic DPS
    Rolex Light-Dweller - Sorc
    Talks-N-Third-Person - NB Stamina DPS - Retired
    Tank Force One - DK Tank
    Valeriya Skoria - v16 DK Fire mage
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine if these things were added as crown store items - although then people would complain that PC users get them free. But I don't want them included in the main game - even toggled off by default.
    PS4 - EU

• SkodaZek
    SkodaZek
    ✭✭
    Wish you could mod console interface. Wish my PC didn't meltdown or I wasn't a broke ass. One of the reasons why I have always preferred PC gaming.

And yes since you can transfer PC levelled char over that is a huge advantage they get.
    Sincerely,
    Skoda Zek - Dragonknight
  • SkodaZek
    SkodaZek
    ✭✭
    Wish you could mod console interface. Wish my PC didn't meltdown or I wasn't a broke ass. One of the reasons why I have always preferred PC gaming.

And yes since you can transfer PC levelled char over that is a huge advantage they get.
    Sincerely,
    Skoda Zek - Dragonknight
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    SkodaZek wrote: »
    As a veteran PC player who's PC recently had a meltdown the release of console ESO is a blessing.

My question / concern is regarding an addon that myself and most other players have come to consider nigh essential for the game that obviously will be unavailable in the console release. Skyshards and Lorebooks on the map. Skyshards specifically are essential part of the game and for people like myself with no PC sitting beside us to constantly have a fan made map to reference it creates a largely unfun time sink that requires extensive out of game effort just to remain competitive.

Skyshards and Lorebooks need to be revealed on in game map by some method. Not necessarily by default, even of some task in game is required to unlock said information on the map. As long as it is available.

Thank you.

doubt there will be any addons for console though. you could do it the old fashioned way and look up an interactive map :P hunt them down manually lol

*edit* just seen you said something about not having a pc available lol. sorry bout that.
    Edited by PoseidonEvil on 10 June 2015 05:05
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk