Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is class balancing for PvP "done" now?

Saft
Saft
✭✭✭

I have not heard or read any comments from zenimax about PVP. Could someone help me please, do they consider it to be done balancing for now? Or are they comming up with changes to Balance PVP from a class/skills perspective?

I seen rant after rant post, but i can not see any replies in them from Developers if they feel PVP skills/classes are balanced. OR if they are looking into change something.

If someone can link dev responces about PVP skil/class balance, or a dev could reply it would be fantastic.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the game is set besides bug fixes until well after console release. We will have class tweaks in August.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I think the game is set besides bug fixes until well after console release. We will have class tweaks in August.

It is not i don't believe you, but is there any Developer post, or oficial news regarding this?

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »

It is not i don't believe you, but is there any Developer post, or oficial news regarding this?

i think there are posts stating that balance won't be an issue befor the next content update.
    and there are posts stating the next content update will be well after console release.

pretty huge gamble, imho. given that everybody and his mom has cleared all pve content (maybe hardmode trials asde) and doesn't even want loot from PvE anymore. Not sure if ignoring PvP balance will harm the size of the payer base.

Personally, though. I'll probably just only play in group and run alts when solo. Knowing your enemy well is beneficial anyway, I guess. Plus it's so much fun if you get better every day, try our fresh stuff, etc.
    My templar's a prefect right now and I'm really not sure if I care too much about advancing further given current state of affairs. The icon is sweet, the next two will be as well, after that, there are 4 levels of terrible icons waiting and I know it'd take me months to get rid of them...
    Edited by Kas on 24 April 2015 14:24
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our guild had a meeting with zos and Gina said no balancing will be done until after console release
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their focus currently is the console launch. Balance is a tricky thing; they likely are trying to avoid creating a catastrophe right before/after console launch.

Balancing is a never ending process though; it will pick back up once the dust settles (probably in a few months).
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Our guild had a meeting with zos and Gina said no balancing will be done until after console release

so PVP will be in almost utter ruin for the next 5 months?

what a shame

at least blackwater blade has some balance
    Edited by Cody on 24 April 2015 19:55
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

what a shame

You are a NB, right?
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭

Alright, saddened to hear this, but i guess in half a year the overpowered class can be balanced down to in pair with the rest of us. Until then, i go into cyrodil and do my best.

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saft wrote: »

9/10 Templars hope not...
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No MMO.. and no studio are EVER "Done Balancing" anything.As soon as one class gets "balanced", other classes need to be re="balanced".
    Edited by Darlgon on 27 April 2015 06:32
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balancing is better than it was pre 1.6. However, some work has to be done:
    - Damage shield stacking is over powered, making sorcs an unkillable class in 1v1. It's really unpleasant to fight a sorc in 1v1, 2v1, or even 3v1 situations. The main reason for this problem is that damage Shields scale off magicka, therefore granting sorcs the ability to have both a great offensive and a great defensive stance. Damage shields should always scale off health, forcing people to make a choice: be a damage dealer and fragile, or be a tank. Not both at the same time.

- Stamina NB hit hard, too hard. Their burst DPS shall be reviewed. Surprise attack for instance deals almost as much damage as ravage but is an instant skill. NB can use ambush, then surprise attack, followed by a dark cloak in order to ambush / surprise attack again. If this is not enough, they can fear their target. This is too much when you know that ambush / surprise attack can deal 15k+ damage in 2 s.

- DKs in a tank build are very solid in Cyrodiil. In that sense, they are annoying to kill. But they are not very dangerous. They have powerful CC abilities, but this is only available to magicka DKs. The lack of stamina class skills prevents a stamina DK from being as good as a magicka DK in this tank role (it's even hardly viable). The second main issue of the DK is the lack of burst DPS. A stamina DK in medium armor lacks of stamina version of their class skills to deal burst damage, forcing them to go to a 2H build. A stamina version of lava whip would be more than welcome.

- Templars can be very solid, and are very good healers. I regret though that they are easier to kill than a sorc. This is not a normal situation. Radiant destruction is too powerful in some situations. May be the range shall be reduced, in order to better balance the risk vs the benefit of such a spell. Like the DKs, templars need some love, especially for those who would like to play a stamina version of these classes.

In short, in order to better balance the game in PvP, I would suggest the following:
    1. Add more stamina version of class skills
    2. Make damage shields scale off health, always
    3. Reduce the burst damage of some skills

That would be a very good first step to me :)

Edited by trimsic_ESO on 27 April 2015 17:54
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just please go look at some of the recently posted PVP vids in Alliance War that feature stamina players surviving focus from anywhere from 5 to 30 people and tell me that Sorcs are the ones who are OP defensively. Does it take skill and a well crafted build to dodge/cloak around like that and still have enough burst to kill??? Yes of course, but that is no different than a Sorc and a Sorc could never survive focus like that for anywhere near the amount of time some of these dodge rollers can.

The problem with class balance was that Sorcs are basically playing similar to the way they always had, so 1.6 hits Live and we're all very close to the new meta already. Stam builds are taking longer to catch on to the meta and how powerful dodge rolling is so the loud forum complainers are only now starting to realize that they have the means to great survivability as well.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game balance will be "done" when ESO has it's last patch pushed before the game shuts down in 10 years or so. They probably won't have big huge sweeping changes like they did with 1.6 but they'll constantly be making changes.
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just please go look at some of the recently posted PVP vids in Alliance War that feature stamina players surviving focus from anywhere from 5 to 30 people and tell me that Sorcs are the ones who are OP defensively. Does it take skill and a well crafted build to dodge/cloak around like that and still have enough burst to kill??? Yes of course, but that is no different than a Sorc and a Sorc could never survive focus like that for anywhere near the amount of time some of these dodge rollers can.

The problem with class balance was that Sorcs are basically playing similar to the way they always had, so 1.6 hits Live and we're all very close to the new meta already. Stam builds are taking longer to catch on to the meta and how powerful dodge rolling is so the loud forum complainers are only now starting to realize that they have the means to great survivability as well.

The problem of the PVP video I can see is that we don't know much about the opponents who get killed at the end. In general I'm a bit sorry about their skill level, and to be honest it's often a matter of learn to play. These video often mean nothing in terms of class balance.

What's interesting though, is the discussion I can have with people playing other classes. And what's even more interesting is to play these other classes by yourself. Then, it does not take you long to come to the conclusion that damage shield should scale off health, that burst damage of NB stamina skills are too high, and that there should be more stamina versions of class skills. It's just a matter of common sense and facts.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

what a shame

You are a NB, right?

i play PVP with a DK. I have not touched PvP with a NB in quite some time.

you almost had me friend:)

almost.

ill be lenient though, i will admit i have been thinking about making a magicka NB
    Edited by Cody on 27 April 2015 20:19