Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Blame Sorcs

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Kas wrote: »
    how to be successful in eso:

1. play the class that has the best ways to choose wich fight to pick
    2. complain that you don't have the strongest fighting capabilities on top of that
    3. keep complaining
    4. cry a lot
    5. get buffed a TON
    6. start defending very vocally, find new things to attack / blame (nirnhoned)
    7. make tons of 1vX videos without a single interrupt, bash, well-times dodge, skill cancel by dodge/bash/weapon swap
    8. tell other to learn to play...

apparently you need to watch more videos of people playing it then. play more ='s get better, qq less ='s get better :P I have been playing Sorc since day 1. Launch sorcs were sooooooo much worse than what they are now and people still QQ. The best part, I have never once played a cookie cutter sorc build. Once that "ignition sorc" build came out (one of my old builds) I stopped playing it and did something else (which is my new build curse mark assault). Just playing a sorc doesnt make you good. I kill sorcs everyday trying to play the cookie cutter crap. Doesnt work for them.

Knowing HOW to play the sorc makes you good and THAT is the result of all the QQ we have here today. Good sorcs making people angry.

no idea who you are, but i guess i could easily 1v1 you playing my sorc. probably even on my templar.
    any chance you're EU non-AD? let's find out tonight

Nope I play on NA, and I am pretty confident you couldnt.
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    You know its funny..... I'm pretty sure I saw this exact same post about DK's a few months ago.....
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    DAMAGE SHIELDS

/sets up trap for Ezareth

Lets get this straight

Its ABSORBER

damage shieds reflects damage back per hit

So things like eq1 shield of thorns or that dk spikey thing they activate

I have already tried to point this out. I don't think people will ever stop calling them damage shields.
    You do know it's not sorc problem but shield stacking right? Take that away and they'll all be crying for buffs with in minutes. How ever I won't object to a streak nerf. Learn to take your death instead of streaking away like cowards.
    Like hell we will. We don't need shield stacking, and honestly they will just find some other reason why we are "OP".

:trollin:
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is simply not true that sorcerers where underpowered before 1.6. People who state this reveal some lack of experience\skill. The fragments-mechanic simply outshines any single templar skill. Just that alone hugely favores you.
    Most good Sorc players I know stopped playing because of other reasons, not because of the class. Many of these sorcerers who still play are of a different type: I don't use the word arrogant but you do not need to open so many threads as prove of your everlasting knowledge of balancing issues. A wise Sorc just sh.ts up and plays.

I will call up Diablo2 again, where "blink" was nurfed pretty fast to JUST-1-TIME, no more-no less. This happened over 10 years ago, done by a company which understood that mobility and mobility-hindering effects matter much more in pvp. (port, root, etc.). That this hasn't been done in Eso, this fact alone is enough prove of temporary incompetence, nothing else!

Do not forget that many skills about the Sorc class are well thought, maybe not so well as the DK, but miles ahead of the templar class, I mean thousands of miles.
    Most people who keep saying everything is allright play in organized groups, where it's really easy to hide the own skill level, or to use the group for the own advantage. A game designed just for group-play alone doesn't need balance at all. A game with just 4 classes which doesn't fullfill balance is just a prove of bad design, or of a too young and unexperienced class balance dev-team. This my thoughts
    Edited by Francescolg on 20 April 2015 16:16
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will call up Diablo2 again, where "blink" was nurfed pretty fast to JUST-1-TIME, no more-no less. This happened over 10 years ago, done by a company which understood that mobility and mobility-hindering effects matter much more in pvp. (port, root, etc.). That this hasn't been done in Eso, this fact alone is enough prove of temporary incompetence, nothing else!

Because balance changes made to a 15 year old game that required more left clicks than Farmville are relevant to PvP in ESO.

How can I argue with this kind of logic?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry, double. I can't cancel my post :(
    Edited by Francescolg on 20 April 2015 16:44
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Because balance changes made to a 15 year old game that required more left clicks than Farmville are relevant to PvP in ESO.

You can write what you want, the truth is and stays that mobility and mobility-hindering effects matter. Diablo 2 is a proper example because it offered hugely imbalanced PvP in a very small scale, in a rudimentary state of the game (WW-barbs, ignore target defense-palas, ice mages, etc etc).

You can have your shield
    You can have your cast-forever with great burst spell rotation
    You can not have blink/port more than once at the same time, there has to be a cooldown.

What am I wasting time to explain that logic, I'll go on and play my sorc.I'll not explain to you the theory of mobility in computer games and what happens if you make one class much faster than everybody else for no (balance) price to pay

Doesn't make any sense with all the charges. Would require a cooldown based system, wich will probably (and hopefully) never be implemented. Just stop.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭

Again: mobility and mobility-hindering effects matter. Diablo 2 is a proper example because it offered hugely imbalanced PvP in a very small scale, in a rudimentary state of the game (WW-barbs, ignore target defense-palas, ice mages, etc etc). "Everything" was a mess but, nonetheless, the Devs understood pretty fast that too much porting/blink is not what they want to give to only one class..

You can have your shield
    You can not have blink/port more than once at the same time, there has to be a cooldown.

What am I wasting time to explain that logic, I'll go on and play my sorc. I'll not explain to you the theory of mobility in computer games and what happens if you make one class much faster than everybody else for no price to pay. Like other skills, balancing here took too long for no explainable reason. Funnny thing in ESO is that most players went off because of performance, so all that skill-balance-bla bla is wasted time..!
    Edited by Francescolg on 20 April 2015 16:46
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Again: mobility and mobility-hindering effects matter. Diablo 2 is a proper example because it offered hugely imbalanced PvP in a very small scale, in a rudimentary state of the game (WW-barbs, ignore target defense-palas, ice mages, etc etc). "Everything" was a mess but, nonetheless, the Devs understood pretty fast that too much porting/blink is not what they want to give to only one class..

You can have your shield

What am I wasting time to explain that logic, I'll go on and play my sorc. I'll not explain to you the theory of mobility in computer games and what happens if you make one class much faster than everybody else for no price to pay. Like other skills, balancing here took too long for no explainable reason. Funnny thing in ESO is that most players went off because of performance, so all that skill-balance-bla bla is wasted time..!

It's apples and oranges man. It's like comparing the quarter mile times of crotch rockets and sports cars. Just because they both have wheels doesn't make them anything similar. Diablo 2 is absolutely nothing like ESO. The games were designed from a fundamentally different standpoint and the PvP was more of an afterthought, not a core design principle.

ESO "Balanced" bolt escape by the 50% cost increase mechanic. It was a good balance mechanism. The problem is they went and screwed up resources for *everyone* and threw the balance out of whack.

Lastly I've had a nightblade keep up with me bolting as fast as I can for a very long time (10+ bolts). There are alternatives for mobility. A cooldown on Bolt escape would make the entire Sorc glass the biggest joke in the game. The game design itself rewards players for attacking a Sorc who only Bolts once. I can't even use bolt escape to escape by itself, I have to couple it with Dodge roll to have a chance to get away from any decent players.

Please get on your sorc and show me what your great "theory of mobility" means to a 2hander NB/DK with a bow.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people think that by simplifying things to point of being completely irrelevant and then comparing it to something completely unrelated somehow makes a good point? You simply can't compare ESO to Diablo II. That's not even realistic. People will complain endlessly about crystal fragments, or bolt escape, or shield stacking ad nauseam. And they would have point except it's very myopic. Other classes also get things that are used for defense, or damage, or as an escape. There are even many non class skills that are simply better than sorcerer abilities. There are counters to all the sorcerer spells as well if you know how to use them. It's so much easier to exaggerate numbers though and complain. How are we supposed to take people seriously when they make outrageous claims that have little basis in reality?
    :trollin:
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think that by simplifying things to point of being completely irrelevant and then comparing it to something completely unrelated somehow makes a good point? You simply can't compare ESO to Diablo II. That's not even realistic. People will complain endlessly about crystal fragments, or bolt escape, or shield stacking ad nauseam. And they would have point except it's very myopic. Other classes also get things that are used for defense, or damage, or as an escape. There are even many non class skills that are simply better than sorcerer abilities. There are counters to all the sorcerer spells as well if you know how to use them. It's so much easier to exaggerate numbers though and complain. How are we supposed to take people seriously when they make outrageous claims that have little basis in reality?

I want to explain my theory for this....but every time I do I get a forum warning....so I'll just let what is obvious to most of us remain obvious.

God what I'd give for some Elitist Jerks style forum rules though.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ezareth I don't want to complain, and I won't, because I've given up the argument. But.

Exhibit A = DC Sorcerer, can't remember his name.

I encountered him fighting a group of EP, so I killed the EP first, during the fighting, he was bolting around, firing Mage's Wrat, Curse, typical fighting, once all the EP were dead, I turned to said Sorcerer, andbefore I could even get a crushing shock off what I saw in the distance was 6 balls of light.

He could fight that long and still maintain a high enough magicka pool, through pots or not, to bolt 6 times in a row.

That's broken mechanics in my honest opinion, not that I cared at that point in time during hte game, but you just shouldn't be able to do that so easily, NB cloaks have a ton of counters, dodge roll has counters, the only counter to BoL is to spam a gap closer and pray to jeebus he doesn't drag you so far out from the group then turn around and wreck face.

I do two things when I encounter Sorcerers running around in Cyrodiil now.

Completely ignore them.

Do what they do, turtle behind shields, and walk back to my Keep/Outpost/Resource, secretly laughing at their pitiful damage output. :wink:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @Ezareth I don't want to complain, and I won't, because I've given up the argument. But.

He could fight that long and still maintain a high enough magicka pool, through pots or not, to bolt 6 times in a row.

That's broken mechanics in my honest opinion, not that I cared at that point in time during hte game, but you just shouldn't be able to do that so easily, NB cloaks have a ton of counters, dodge roll has counters, the only counter to BoL is to spam a gap closer and pray to jeebus he doesn't drag you so far out from the group then turn around and wreck face.

Completely ignore them.

Do what they do, turtle behind shields, and walk back to my Keep/Outpost/Resource, secretly laughing at their pitiful damage output. :wink:

That has nothing to do with being a sorc. I got killed by a Stamina DK who had 1% stamina left when he started fighting me! Resource generation is off the charts right now. I've not run out of magicka once since 1.6 unless my drink ran out and I didn't know it. Once you reach the critical mass of regen you just can't run out. The crazy part is sorcs probably have it harder than other classes to do this!

6 Ball of Lightning = 18718 Magicka for me. I have 28,000 magicka. Pretty easy to do with my build.

A lot more counters out there to Sorcs. I fight plenty of good NBs who can take me 1 v 1 or fight me to a standstill. Same with DKs....and while I haven't been killed by a Templar 1 v 1 yet I've run into some that can eat my entire ultimate bar of overload and continue on their merry way. A gap closer is useful but not totally needed. I've been killed point blank to the face by NBs opening up with bows and not a damn thing I could do about it.

If you want to talk about broken mechanics talk about unending resources or insane damage (and not coming from *me*). The only time I see insane crits are when I get the DK reflect bonus back and reflect it back to him.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread is starting to derail from it's original purpose...

okOpHqH.jpg

Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    M2qXVG2.jpg
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's like people are playing with blinders on that ignore instances of their particular play style's ability to do certain things.

For instance, I have seen dks and nightblades... nothing special, just the 2 hand and bow build. That could come in and kill 4-5 guys (probably baddies, beside the point however) and then roll dodge, speed burst with bow, sprint and more roll dodging at a clip I could not reasonably keep up with using bolt escape.

I haven't seen it only once... or twice. I see it every freaking night being done by many different players.

Net result: Nerf Sorc threads when Sorcs aren't nearly the one that is OP.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ezareth You would have a pretty empty forum

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can have your shield

ESO "Balanced" bolt escape by the 50% cost increase mechanic. It was a good balance mechanism. The problem is they went and screwed up resources for *everyone* and threw the balance out of whack.
    Finally you agreed that Bolt Escaped was balanced and now it is not. Before 1.6 with the penalty 50% more magica how much magica cost BE? 500? With maximum 2500 magica that is exactly 20% of your magica pool. Here is the solution --> make every bolt escape casted within 4 seconds since the last one to cost 20% magica + no magica regeneration within these 4 seconds.

Edited by Bashev on 21 April 2015 13:06
    Because I can!
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

why do you care? you dont know what logic is.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

You can have your shield

Finally you agreed that Bolt Escaped was balanced and now it is not. Before 1.6 with the penalty 50% more magica how much magica cost BE? 500? With maximum 2500 magica that is exactly 20% of your magica pool. Here is the solution --> make every bolt escape casted within 4 seconds since the last one to cost 20% magica + no magica regeneration within these 4 seconds.

The point is since 1.6 people have gotten effectively infinite resources, and those with a bottomless pool of stamina don't place giant glowing balls every time they dodge roll. That is the primary problem now, and saying "make it cost more" does nothing to those who have this insane regen but makes the skill beyond useless to everyone else, again.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

You can have your shield

The point is since 1.6 people have gotten effectively infinite resources, and those with a bottomless pool of stamina don't place giant glowing balls every time they dodge roll. That is the primary problem now, and saying "make it cost more" does nothing to those who have this insane regen but makes the skill beyond useless to everyone else, again.
    It wont cost more if you do not have high magica pool. What regen, as I wrote that the regen should be stopped during these 4 seconds.

Because I can!
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭

Exhibit A = DC Sorcerer, can't remember his name.

I encountered him fighting a group of EP, so I killed the EP first, during the fighting, he was bolting around, firing Mage's Wrat, Curse, typical fighting, once all the EP were dead, I turned to said Sorcerer, andbefore I could even get a crushing shock off what I saw in the distance was 6 balls of light.

Completely ignore them.

Says the forum blade who can enter and exit combat AT WILL. There is no 50% cost increase for Shadow Cloak. There is no HALVIG of your out of combat regen either. You can spam that *** and teleport around like a goddamned eso god. Cry me a river.

Edited by Laerwen on 21 April 2015 13:58
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

@Ezareth You would have a pretty empty forum

@Makkir

I don't think so, I think their style of forum moderation promoted actual civilized rational discussions. Once everyone learned the ground rules (and they come down fast and hard on those who don't) the conversations really opened up and people who approached topics respectfully and didn't act like know it alls and trolls were able to get the information they needed or share information they were trying to share. It was probably a bit more sombre than the ESO forums but it also was far more rewarding.

The biggest difference is the Forum Moderators actually played the game, and they knew the game very well. If someone made a topic Titled "Nerf Sorcs " or started spouting numbers like "Sorcs spam 25K crystal frags, bolt escape forever and have unlimited Mana" they'd warn the player, then if it happened again suspend the player and then ban them with no third chance to learn. People couldn't come to the forum and post bogus information and if they posted something unbelievable they'd better have something concrete to back it up like screenshots etc. Right now there is just so much disinformation and exaggeration that you can't have a rational discussion.

Because the rules were so strict and clear, everyone knew where they stood with respect to the rules. In these forums the rules are applied selectively, not to every post and things of similar natures are moderated with different standards.

Going from the WoW forums to the Elitist Jerk forums was a bit of a transition for me as well but afterwards I got 10 times as much information from that forum that I ever did the WoW forums because of all of the trolling and childish bickering going on there. I see the same things here.

You can have your shield

Selective comprehension at it's finest.

If you want to know Bolt escape cost me exactly 160 magicka in 1.5. With the 50% Penalty it cost me like 300(can't remember the exact number. I think I was able to Bolt Escape 11-12 times in 1.5 or 14 times with a Tri-Pot.

In 1.6 currently it costs me 2056 Magicka, with the +50% Penalty it costs me 3375. The cost of Bolt escape was dramatically increased due to the lost of Expert mage and the stealth-nerfing of Cost reduction in General. In 1.6 (keep in mind switched from a Health Soft-cap build to a 100% magicka build) I can bolt escape 10 times. With a Tri-pot I can bolt 15. The biggest difference is I'm running around with 3000 magicka regen, otherwise I could only bolt 8 times and 11 times.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    biggest difference is I'm running around with 3000 magicka regen, otherwise I could only bolt 8 times and 11 times.
    Thats why a magica regen penalty is needed too. According to your numbers. It means that you have a free bolt escape every 2 seconds. You can bolt escape 3-4 times in a row. Then you are out of reach and you can recast shields and you wait 10 seconds and you have 15k magica back. Funny right?
    Because I can!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    biggest difference is I'm running around with 3000 magicka regen, otherwise I could only bolt 8 times and 11 times.
    Thats why a magica regen penalty is needed too. According to your numbers. It means that you have a free bolt escape every 2 seconds. You can bolt escape 3-4 times in a row. Then you are out of reach and you can recast shields and you wait 10 seconds and you have 15k magica back. Funny right?

And how is that a Sorc problem again? Roll dodging or Dark Cloak don't just cut down your regen, do they?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭

Free bolt escape. Lol. Kinda like how you shadow cloak and wait 10 seconds. Funny right?

There IS a regen penalty, its just not in the tooltip anymore. You should really get your facts straight.

Edited by Laerwen on 21 April 2015 14:24
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

And how is that a Sorc problem again? Roll dodging or Dark Cloak don't just cut down your regen, do they?
    Dark cloak is easily countered by detection potions. Roll dodge is countered by CC timing, but I can admit that it is annoying and I will be happy if it is nerfed a little bit too.
    Laerwen wrote: »

Free bolt escape. Lol. Kinda like how you shadow cloak and wait 10 seconds. Funny right?

There IS a regen penalty, its just not in the tooltip anymore. You should really get your facts straight.
    I read that the regen penalty is applied only when you are out of combat. I will test it tonight with my vr1 sors.

Edited by Bashev on 21 April 2015 14:29
    Because I can!
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Dark cloak is easily countered by detection potions. Roll dodge is countered by CC timing, but I can admit that it is annoying and I will be happy if it is nerfed a little bit too.

I read that the regen penalty is applied only when you are out of combat. I will test it tonight with my vr1 sors.
    Bolt escape is countered by every single gap closer and cc in the game. *** you already have on your bar anyway. I have to slot stuff I wouldnt normally use to find a dark cloak spamming NB. MAYBE. You have no argument.

It is an out of combat penalty.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJ forums have always been my goto for WoW information. Everyone crazed over Noxxic but I always thought they were the Walmart Supercenter for information.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the regen penalty was removed at the start of 1.6 in the pts. i remember, it was a welcomed change.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
This discussion has been closed.