Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think about sorcs.

• golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "10k crit charge MINIMUM"

Oh how I wish I was pulling those numbers...
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "10k crit charge MINIMUM"

Oh how I wish I was pulling those numbers...

No different from people constantly babbling about sorcs always hitting them for 20k.

I think folks who use critical rush, are set up well, and are good/lucky at gauging timing and distance can get off excellent hits on light armored types (e.g. bolting sorcs). I've seen as much posted on this forum. Experienced it myself in-game, but I'm sure it isn't that hard to hit a VR8 hard. :-P

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truth be told I usually get hit for like 13k with frags.

I have been hit once or twice with 20k+ frags, but not normally.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea frags hit me from anywhere between 5-20k damage. Charged light attacks hit me for 8-20k as well. Anyone complaining about sorc damage being too low is suffering from a L2P issue. Its like every class in the game. Not every single damage ability is the best thing to use.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've honestly not been hit for more then 12k on crystal fragments
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    Truth be told I usually get hit for like 13k with frags.

I have been hit once or twice with 20k+ frags, but not normally.
    Yea frags hit me from anywhere between 5-20k damage. Charged light attacks hit me for 8-20k as well. Anyone complaining about sorc damage being too low is suffering from a L2P issue. Its like every class in the game. Not every single damage ability is the best thing to use.
    I've honestly not been hit for more then 12k on crystal fragments

Just as a reminder, if you have low spell resist, of course it's going to hit you harder then most people, damage output also can range depending on what armor/resistance you have. I keep wondering why people always forget about the defense. Hmm.
    Edited by SilvyrNixe on 18 April 2015 18:49
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i think, well balanced.

people just like to cry when they lose or cant one-shot them, as they are used to a more traditional class system where sorcerers are glass cannons

Edit: lol just noticed i commented twice. there are to many of these sorc whiner posts to keep up, luckily there are even more people disagreeing with the 'nerf sorc' trend than there are complaining about it.
    Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on 19 April 2015 02:52
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    My answer to the poll is I play all classes and sorcs a squeeshy.
    Edited by King Bozo on 18 April 2015 19:55
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Need an "underpowered" option... >.>
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    But, I have put over 1k hours into cyrodiil and the sorc is the only class that is giving me a really hard time. Those other classes and builds are good but nothing as nasty as the sorc builds. Sorc has the ability to absorb 20k damage then cast a spell and absorb another 10k like its nothing. Then they can blink and stun anyone around them and draw all magical projectiles away. Then they can cast a few spells that will hit you for 10k damage each. You are forgetting that they can just recast the shield once its down. Bottom line they are too powerful right now and anyone should be able to see that.
    [/quote]

This and looking at the poll, 30% of the people who play sorcs are saying they are too strong. While 75% of the people who don't play sorcs are saying they are too strong. You also have to realize that someone who plays a particular class is very unlikely to admit when they are too strong. So all the people who play sorcs yet voted that they are balanced are like a salesman who tells you to buy what they are selling cuz its the best product. And even worse is the people who believe they need to be boosted.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And worse is the people who think Sorcs are the problem instead of the unlimited resources + low TTK favoring them.
    And worst is ZOS not doing *** about the real problems.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • accina
    accina
    Also one thing the stamblade nerf is inevtiable... more and more people are using it... 3k wep dmg and 3k stam regen... higher on a bosmer

Where do you come up with this BS?
    3k regen ~ 1.5k wpn dmg for a non-bosmer.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    accina wrote: »
    Also one thing the stamblade nerf is inevtiable... more and more people are using it... 3k wep dmg and 3k stam regen... higher on a bosmer

its possible on NBs thx to 30% increased stam reg via a passive + 10% stam reg by classbuff + %stam reg by tripods
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

its possible on NBs thx to 30% increased stam reg via a passive + 21% stam reg by classbuff + (20)%stam reg by tripods

Combine that with WW (15%) btw. Eventually Relentless Focus for another 10%.
    Edited by ToRelax on 19 April 2015 08:23

• accina
    accina
    ToRelax wrote: »

its possible on NBs thx to 30% increased stam reg via a passive + 21% stam reg by classbuff + (20)%stam reg by tripods

Combine that with WW (15%) btw. Eventually Relentless Focus for another 10%.

Well, I haven't counted some occasional tripots that canno't be held up all the time but even then you would need to wear some stam regen gear, leaving no space for "3k" dmg.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its possible on NBs thx to 30% increased stam reg via a passive + 10% stam reg by classbuff + %stam reg by tripods

I can tell you 3k weapon damage + 3k stamina regen isn't possible on a non bosmer, I can hit 2.6k with drink and such with tri pot going, but only 2.7k weapon damage, 3k would require ravager or skirmisher I'm thinking.. But that'd cut into stam recovery set bonuses
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you 3k weapon damage + 3k stamina regen isn't possible on a non bosmer, I can hit 2.6k with drink and such with tri pot going, but only 2.7k weapon damage, 3k would require ravager or skirmisher I'm thinking.. But that'd cut into stam recovery set bonuses

or of the air and you have both ;)

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing about the "nerf sorcs" concept is then you are left with nothing but stamina builds with templars as only viable (as healers) magicka builds.

You barely see magicka DKs and you barely see magicka NBs and most magicka templars are healers.

So the argument being posed is nerf the only viable magicka build for pvp.

That's some argument.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thing about the "nerf sorcs" concept is then you are left with nothing but stamina builds with templars as only viable (as healers) magicka builds.

You barely see magicka DKs and you barely see magicka NBs and most magicka templars are healers.

That's some argument.

The nerf is suppose to bring them down to even playing field against other players not below. I don't see anyone asking to make them weaker then all the other classes. Don't assume nerf means making it too weak to play that's a severe immature move by any gaming company. Notice this thread would have been about DK's before 1.6 but now its about sorcs instead.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's some argument.

The nerf is suppose to bring them down to even playing field against other players not below. I don't see anyone asking to make them weaker then all the other classes. Don't assume nerf means making it too weak to play that's a severe immature move by any gaming company. Notice this thread would have been about DK's before 1.6 but now its about sorcs instead.

If ZOS is acting "mature" then, I would guess they won't nerf Sorc now but do something against real balance problems like stamina/magicka, champion system, the ease at that you get near infinite resources, low TTK etc.

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭

That's some argument.

Bring them down to level the playing field when they're already lower than the rest? Why do people act like Sorcs are the gods of PvP and that they're so hard to counter when Sorcs have just as many weaknesses as any other class? If the players who complain Sorcs are op actually figured out what those weaknesses are and used it to their advantage, Sorcs wouldn't seem nearly so OP anymore. Sorcs don't deserve the nerf hammer when they've already suffered enough from it.
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    Love my Sorc xD bäm bäm lightning bäm puff bäm xD
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're actually fairly balanced, however feel that Ball Lightning is prohibitively strong against other casters. In any case I've given up even trying to attack Sorcs running this skill. That? Oh, just the wind blowing by...
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »
    I think they're actually fairly balanced, however feel that Ball Lightning is prohibitively strong against other casters. In any case I've given up even trying to attack Sorcs running this skill. That? Oh, just the wind blowing by...

It's really buggy, so I wouldn't call it "strong"... Ezareth's already made this statement several times, and has said how it can be bugged out.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So let's see... nerf the only viable magicka based class in pvp that isn't a templar healer.

What I was getting at is perhaps it's a stamina thing.

Sorcs are merely viable, they are certainly not uncounterable or invulnerable. Where and how the consortium of nightblades had the debate to decide the debate is over (while insulting anyone that plays a sorc and knows the class isn't near as powerful as being claimed) is quite a mystery.

The real question is... where were you all when magicka vamp dks were killing 20 people solo?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What other casters?

BOL doesn't stop bow abilties and it doesn't stop radiant destruction or petrify or fear... there are other "casts" occuring that I'm unaware of?

It certainly doesn't stop any physical abilities...

I guess the few staff users out there is can be a counter to.. that's not many people though.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

What other casters?

BOL doesn't stop bow abilties and it doesn't stop radiant destruction or petrify or fear... there are other "casts" occuring that I'm unaware of?

I guess the few staff users out there is can be a counter to.. that's not many people though.

Just to speak for myself, but I'm a NB caster/offensive support/off-healer. Mark Target for resist debuff and keeping Stam NBs from escaping + Crippling Grasp is a large part of my role, debuffing and rooting enemies for my higher damage allies to more easily dispense with. Admittedly, it's damage is poor but I'm sticking with it while I wait for Zeni to buff DoTs :)
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just to speak for myself, but I'm a NB caster/offensive support/off-healer. Mark Target for resist debuff and keeping Stam NBs from escaping + Crippling Grasp is a large part of my role, debuffing and rooting enemies for my higher damage allies to more easily dispense with. Admittedly, it's damage is poor but I'm sticking with it while I wait for Zeni to buff DoTs :) [/quote]

Nice, none of them are affected by BOL are they?

It's just I keep hearing this theory that BOL (when it works, which isn't very often unless it's a small encounter in pvp) is so very powerful... Someone needs to figure out exactly what it works on that makes it so, then perhaps a logical argument can be made. Fact is, other than sorcerer spells (the most projectiles of any class), what other class skills does it actually counter? Templar abilities no one uses in pvp?
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What other casters?

Just to speak for myself, but I'm a NB caster/offensive support/off-healer. Mark Target for resist debuff and keeping Stam NBs from escaping + Crippling Grasp is a large part of my role, debuffing and rooting enemies for my higher damage allies to more easily dispense with. Admittedly, it's damage is poor but I'm sticking with it while I wait for Zeni to buff DoTs :)

crippling is a low dmg longtime dot - so there is a part in your explanation missing probably the heavy attack of a destro staff? wich is funnyly ignoring BoL if you do not aim the ball by your self.

• Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

Nice, none of them are affected by BOL are they?

Crippling Grasp is absorbed by BoL, which is what is so frustrating as it's such a large portion of what I'm currently able bring to a fight. Sure, I could slot the rather terrible Teleport Strike/Lotus Fan, which are useless for purposes other than chasing a Sorc. So like I said I don't bother with them anymore and let them run. Focus on the objectives and other classes.
    crippling is a low dmg longtime dot - so there is a part in your explanation missing probably the heavy attack of a destro staff? wich is funnyly ignoring BoL if you do not aim the ball by your self.

It's sadly the best DoT we have access to. To be fair the vast majority of DoT effects in this game are a complete joke. Effectively every other MMO understands that DoTs need to be 15-30 seconds in duration, usable on multiple targets at once, and do a massive amount of damage per button press, but low DPS. Pressure. I'm running Resto + S&B 5light/2heavy. It will be a very fun build if burst gets reigned in a bit and/or DoTs are buffed. Anyway, that's a different topic.