Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attention all forum sorcerers.

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    can we start hijacking them and turning the attention to PERMA DODGE ROLLERS who just dodge roll everything, dodge roll in circles around you, dodge roll between 20+ people trying to hit them well they spam WB between rolls? If we could shift focus over to that we would be in a good place.......sadly no one talks about that though...wonder why lol

That's not true. Sorcs invariably bring that up whenever people point out their unique ability to have a damage shield based on magicka.

sorcs bring it up (and not just sorcs) because it is far easier to spend 1% of your stamina pool to dodge roll and before that dodge roll is done recover your stamina for another one. Not to mention the fact that you can dodge cancel attacks. I have sat back and watched so many people get killed by perma dodge wb spam it is hilarious. So yes, I will bring it up.

Dodge roll can dodge ALL attacks coming at them but a very select few that are meh in damage, whereas a shield stacker has to constantly keep spamming their shields that cost 7-9% PER cast. We take the damage. Both play styles have downsides, but shield stacking has far more downsides to it than perma dodge rolling. People just dont acknowledge that.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    can we start hijacking them and turning the attention to PERMA DODGE ROLLERS who just dodge roll everything, dodge roll in circles around you, dodge roll between 20+ people trying to hit them well they spam WB between rolls? If we could shift focus over to that we would be in a good place.......sadly no one talks about that though...wonder why lol

That's not true. Sorcs invariably bring that up whenever people point out their unique ability to have a damage shield based on magicka.

sorcs bring it up (and not just sorcs) because it is far easier to spend 1% of your stamina pool to dodge roll and before that dodge roll is done recover your stamina for another one. Not to mention the fact that you can dodge cancel attacks. I have sat back and watched so many people get killed by perma dodge wb spam it is hilarious. So yes, I will bring it up.

Dodge roll can dodge ALL attacks coming at them but a very select few that are meh in damage, whereas a shield stacker has to constantly keep spamming their shields that cost 7-9% PER cast. We take the damage. Both play styles have downsides, but shield stacking has far more downsides to it than perma dodge rolling. People just dont acknowledge that.

"meh in damage"?

so you have never been hit by a flame whip before?

let me tell you, its definitely more than "meh" damage.

i have seen people stack endless shields while putting out absurdly high damage at the same time. Both play styles have both high offense and high defense. There is no balance to them; hence is the problem.
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 14:45
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Please stop turning every thread that talks about damage shields into a nerf sorcerer thread:/ I understand that some of them may be, but not all of them are. please read and analyze threads, not make responses based on the words "damage shield"

ty. carry on with your days:)

Wouldn't a "nerf damage shields" thread be really a nerf sorcerers thread by default.. you know being sorcs are the only class with a really good damage shield?

templars have a really good damage shield too, so much so i can barely kill one.

DAMAGE SHIELD HAS BEEN SAID!!! IT IS NOW A NERF SORC THREAD!!!:D

Posting in Nerf Sorc thread 203,699.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"meh in damage"?

so you have never been hit by a flame whip before?

let me tell you, its definitely more than "meh" damage.

i have seen people stack endless shields while putting out absurdly high damage at the same time. Both play styles have both high offense and high defense. There is no balance to them; hence is the problem.

so because you havent figured out to weave/alternate defensive and offensive abilities while fighting like others have it must be OP then lols. the balance is there, im sorry you havent figured it out yet.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.
    We do not allow threads that are created for the purpose of trolling or baiting other community members. As such, we are closing this thread. For further details on the type of behavior we expect on our forums, please refer to our Community Code of Conduct and our Community Vision thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.