Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attention all forum sorcerers.

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please stop turning every thread that talks about damage shields into a nerf sorcerer thread:/ I understand that some of them may be, but not all of them are. please read and analyze threads, not make responses based on the words "damage shield"

ty. carry on with your days:)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any thread discussing damage shields are inadvertently talking about the survivability of light armor builds. Since as a class, sorcerer's have very little to make anything other than a light armor caster then changing damage shields will have a major impact on a large number of the working sorcerer builds. Expecting a class that is heavily dependent on shields to not bring up their opinions is unlikely.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Any thread discussing damage shields are inadvertently talking about the survivability of light armor builds. Since as a class, sorcerer's have very little to make anything other than a light armor caster then changing damage shields will have a major impact on a large number of the working sorcerer builds. Expecting a class that is heavily dependent on shields to not bring up their opinions is unlikely.

they dont have to make the thread all about them is what I am saying.

Its starting to get old seeing almost every thread talking about damage shields get hijacked and turned into a "sorc OP!!!" thread. Its a waste of time.

then again I suppose me making this thread was as well:/ as it wont change anything.

bah, oh well.
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    This has been said a million times already. A lot of people, myself include think sorcs need a serious nerfing (or other class buffing to combat sorcs), Sorcs almost unanimously agree that they are underpower and should be buffed.

ZOS gets it already... I played through the Vamp DKs and now am playing through the SORCs. I personally want ZOS to acknowledge this already so we can move on.

I personally will not play through another year with the game in its current state of balance. Just wish they would give some community feedback so we can move on from this already.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was just thinking. There are "forum warriors". So, I wonder what a forum sorcerer would be?
    Edited by Armitas on 3 April 2015 21:15
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Was just thinking. There are "forum warriors". So, I wonder what a forum sorcerer would be?

some kind of milk drinker obviously.

/drinks from the glass of milk he has on the TV tray next to him :D
    Edited by Cody on 3 April 2015 21:26
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS gets it already... I played through the Vamp DKs and now am playing through the SORCs. I personally want ZOS to acknowledge this already so we can move on.

Can I ask what are sorcs killing you with? Maybe we can give some tips. I'm just confused because in pugs I finish sorc kill quests without a prob.

To Cody, I agree with your main point though not necessarily with everything you post. ;-)

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

Can I ask what are sorcs killing you with? Maybe we can give some tips. I'm just confused because in pugs I finish sorc kill quests without a prob.

To Cody, I agree with your main point though not necessarily with everything you post. ;-)

what I post is pure wisdom my milk drinking child.....

to defy my wisdom means death by arrow to the knee.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Please stop turning every thread that talks about damage shields into a nerf sorcerer thread:/ I understand that some of them may be, but not all of them are. please read and analyze threads, not make responses based on the words "damage shield"

This is a pvp forum. There's no place for reasonable logic here. Be gone.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Internet scraper just pulled the word Damage Shield and Nerf in the same sentence.

Is this another Nerf Sorcerer thread?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only on my second cup of coffee.. but I just realized your title is speaking to forum sorcerers then your post says "Please stop turning every thread that talks about damage shields into a nerf sorcerer thread." So maybe I misread as I thought you meant "Hey everyone, stop turning damage shield threads into 'lets nerf sorcs' threads." Now if there are threads where forum sorcs are wanting to nerf sorcs, I would emphatically disagree with them. :-)
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorcs please.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    nerf sorcs please.

I knew it ) =

1.jpg
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh ok, I get it, you were speaking to Ezareth?

The only thing he needs to be counseled on is forum gifs.

j/k :-)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    nerf sorcs please.

no!!!!!!!!

why did you...

bah. now I have failed.

sithis, kill me now
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only on my second cup of coffee.. but I just realized your title is speaking to forum sorcerers then your post says "Please stop turning every thread that talks about damage shields into a nerf sorcerer thread." So maybe I misread as I thought you meant "Hey everyone, stop turning damage shield threads into 'lets nerf sorcs' threads." Now if there are threads where forum sorcs are wanting to nerf sorcs, I would emphatically disagree with them. :-)

I am telling sorcerers to stop making every damage shield thread about them.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but what other damage shields are people complaining about?

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

iv seen complaints about healing ward as well:D

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orly.. wow, that would be an odd thing to do. :-)

Edit: I do wish healing ward would land on me *all* the time instead of that darn person who stood in red circles. But I suppose that *would* be too OP.

Edited by k2blader on 3 April 2015 22:10
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^What he said. Carry on.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Orly.. wow, that would be an odd thing to do. :-)

Edit: I do wish healing ward would land on me *all* the time instead of that darn person who stood in red circles. But I suppose that *would* be too OP.

i would actually love to have SMART heals - those suckers regardles if its healing ward, BoL or what ever they are dumb as hell.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we start hijacking them and turning the attention to PERMA DODGE ROLLERS who just dodge roll everything, dodge roll in circles around you, dodge roll between 20+ people trying to hit them well they spam WB between rolls? If we could shift focus over to that we would be in a good place.......sadly no one talks about that though...wonder why lol
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is enough well-placed jargon in this post that I have no idea what you said.

I have no idea if I'm doing or not doing whatever it is you didn't want folks to do (that sounds weird even to me).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    can we start hijacking them and turning the attention to PERMA DODGE ROLLERS who just dodge roll everything, dodge roll in circles around you, dodge roll between 20+ people trying to hit them well they spam WB between rolls? If we could shift focus over to that we would be in a good place.......sadly no one talks about that though...wonder why lol

That's not true. Sorcs invariably bring that up whenever people point out their unique ability to have a damage shield based on magicka.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wouldn't a "nerf damage shields" thread be really a nerf sorcerers thread by default.. you know being sorcs are the only class with a really good damage shield?
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

Even if less survivability... you get 17k snipe when others take 14k from that attack... LoL ye sure you need the shield.....
    But sorcs got the most überwtfdmg and CC output, kite, escape ETC.... so mehh easymode sorcerer class. Before flame, i have sorc and i know how easy it is, how powerful, how tanky. Easymode crap.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't a "nerf damage shields" thread be really a nerf sorcerers thread by default.. you know being sorcs are the only class with a really good damage shield?

templars have a really good damage shield too, so much so i can barely kill one.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

There is enough well-placed jargon in this post that I have no idea what you said.

I have no idea if I'm doing or not doing whatever it is you didn't want folks to do (that sounds weird even to me).

"well placed jargon"?

I have a feeling you did not read my post.
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 05:38
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see?? you just did it!!!

you will not turn THIS thread into that mess!

Sithis will back me up! :D
    /calls Sithis
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 05:37
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

templars have a really good damage shield too, so much so i can barely kill one.

DAMAGE SHIELD HAS BEEN SAID!!! IT IS NOW A NERF SORC THREAD!!!:D

• BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harden up and wear some light armour!
This discussion has been closed.