Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solution to the Sorc problem

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Suhxtob-yu wrote: »
    Leave everything they have available to them alone.

Except for bolt escape. The distance traveled with blot escape needs to be halved or maybe just quartered.

That would bring Sorcs back within the realm of balance.

Currently they are the ONLY ones that can survive everything because they can just show their "get out of jail free" card and be gone. NBs can vanish but that is negated by merely drinking a potion. DKs can be DKs. Templars can heal. But all die in battle except Sorcs.

ROFL LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious right now? The distance ONE bolt/ball of lightning gives you is 5 times(over exagerated but its more like 2-3 times less) LESS than the range on crit charge, bows, shield charge, etc. please move on to a different game or just stop chasing sorcs.

the tool tip on bolt escape doesnt tell you how far you travel for it, but its definitely way shorter then the distance of every charge in the game to where it takes more then 2 casts if you bolt from where there standing to get away. and the lock down root/silence you get from people charging makes it so its even harder to get away. most the time you have to bolt roll dodge at the same time on the second bolt just to make it so they cannot target you. if sorcs are getting away its because they know how to use terrain like rocks to break los and know when to dodge roll to get you off there ass.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fact of the matter is, when any class in this game is beaten, you are rewarded with AP. And that is simply not the case with Sorcs.

You can justify it any way you want but that does not change the fact that they have an easy out button.

And the 2 hander scenario, well that is just it, it is a scenario. Only specific build can hopefully chase down a blinkin sorc. If you getting rekt, then look at what you are doing wrong, because you are playing the most OP class in the game, hands down. You can tank and heal and burst dps. And if all of that is not enough, you can just blognk over the horizon. All simply by stacking 1 stat.....

My sorc is 7 feet tall and he consumes his enemies with fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except for bolt escape. The distance traveled with blot escape needs to be halved or maybe just quartered.

Currently they are the ONLY ones that can survive everything because they can just show their "get out of jail free" card and be gone. NBs can vanish but that is negated by merely drinking a potion. DKs can be DKs. Templars can heal. But all die in battle except Sorcs.
    Where is that LOL button? Are you frikin kidding? That would make Bolt Escape completely useless. Why not just make it so that it causes an unbreakable 5 second root for sorcerer? Please stop posting nonsense.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fact of the matter is, when any class in this game is beaten, you are rewarded with AP. And that is simply not the case with Sorcs.

You can justify it any way you want but that does not change the fact that they have an easy out button.

And the 2 hander scenario, well that is just it, it is a scenario. Only specific build can hopefully chase down a blinkin sorc. If you getting rekt, then look at what you are doing wrong, because you are playing the most OP class in the game, hands down. You can tank and heal and burst dps. And if all of that is not enough, you can just blognk over the horizon. All simply by stacking 1 stat.....
    Am I the only sorcerer in the game who dies in PvP? The way people describe the class makes me feel like I must really suck for ever dieing.
    :trollin:
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Sorcs have to have their class shield based off magic.

Sorcs by nature are known to have powerful active magic defenses but weak and frail physically, their mind is their weapon. This has basis in lore and is accurate.

The way the game currently is basing a sorc shield off health would render the class useless as sorc spells are most expensive, we don't do the really high damage two handers do, sorcs are annoying misty for our ability to kite.

No, that is you projecting your beliefs about what a sorcerer ought to be to rationalize an inconsistent mechanic. Nothing in Elder Scrolls lore stipulates that sorcerers are "weak and frail physically." In fact, the opposite can be argued as the class has bonuses to the Endurance attribute in multiple iterations of the franchise.

And if we are going to use lore as a means to balance the classes in ESO, then maybe we should eliminate sorcerer's magicka regeneration entirely and compel them to get hit and absorb magicka. That would make for an interesting counter-balance to the issue many players have with sorc's simply bolt escaping away from the slightest hint of danger :wink:
    Edited by Joy_Division on 31 March 2015 16:20
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really love all the Sorcs giving their side as if BE is just used to get away. Don't play him game don't chase yea that's great you blink six times I say whatever (flagged for combat still mind you) you come back Attack leave attack leave

To close the gap closer madness down it cost more the norm Attacks so spamming crit charge/shield assault/Ambush kills your stam and with hardening ward I do 0 damage cause one gap closer and light is not killing your sheild before you blink again

So just to review
    you can chase no stam = die
    Leave = Crystal fragments and overload to the back
    Gap close over and over again back to no stamina plus with shields up next to no damage done
    Totally balanced love how no Sorc ever see the other side of things

But let me feel bad cause you die while having all your points to magic and full light armor low health & low armor guess your class can't put points in to health or heavy armor huh?
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only sorcerer in the game who dies in PvP? The way people describe the class makes me feel like I must really suck for ever dieing.

I know right?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt Escape is not the problem...it's the players with tunnel vision who ignore the objective when they chase them.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I know I said I would side with sorcs since nerf attempts on them nerfed my class but...

Before we address the problem with sorc; we should identify what the problem actually is. They have the best shield as far as cost, duration and scaling on magicka; the best escape; and if on that you decide to leave them alone with how slippery they are, they have the best practical magicka damage when it comes to PvP.

I think it happens to be the fact that they have the best shield in the game as far as duration, scaling with magicka, and cost is an issue, but more toward what the shield does. The amount of hitpoints is not the problem and they should undo the 15% shield reduction in Cyrodiil ASAP. The reason I say that is then, we need to have crits and debuffs either apply to the shield or the caster. I also think things like major fracture or major breech if not being applied to the caster behind the bubble, should be direct additional damage on the shields hit points. So major fracture or breach would do 5120 damage to the shield if it cannot be applied to the armor.

The other 2 things; I think the escape would be relatively less likely if the shield was being more quickly damaged but who knows. Having best damage as a magicka class probably is where a sorc should be.

It isn't the best shield with duration (Harness/Dampen Magic is), many other shields scale with magicka.

Major Breech is applied through the shield, but the shield itself has no mitigation to begin with (You can see this in my sheliza video when he reduces my armor to less than 500 through my shields.

Magicka damage isn't all it is cracked up to be. Currently 4 pieces of nirnhoned armor can *Double* your magicka resistance and the average player has far more magickaresistance than anything. Magick damage is currently the *weakest* thing in the game right now.

Currently I can spam every single ability I have (with the exception of Power overload my ultimate) against a player spamming harness magicka and he will never run out of magicka or take any damage. How is it that my entire class and all of my abilities can be 100% completely mitigated by a single ability that *every* player has access to.

You don't see me on these forums crying about harness though do you? You don't see me crying about players running around with freaking 50,000 spell resistance and the buggiest penetration mechanism in the game being my only way to partially counter it do you? Nope. Because for every person I can't kill there is always someone else that I *can* kill and as long as other people are able to kill that person everything is OK in my book.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm not sure if you know this but harness magic needs to go off of magic it only stops magic your ward stops all damage so that's not close to equal.

Sure a caster can eat all that damage with Harness but as a stamina build (since beta) harness cost me 4k and stops 2k magic damage not even one Attacks so that's a magic vs magic problem using that shield kills my magic fast and the 50k spell resistance ALL ultimates and most class powers are magic seeing my stamina finally joining the stam side but most damage is still magic so that's what people defend against

For the King of Argonia
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I know I said I would side with sorcs since nerf attempts on them nerfed my class but...

Before we address the problem with sorc; we should identify what the problem actually is. They have the best shield as far as cost, duration and scaling on magicka; the best escape; and if on that you decide to leave them alone with how slippery they are, they have the best practical magicka damage when it comes to PvP.

I think it happens to be the fact that they have the best shield in the game as far as duration, scaling with magicka, and cost is an issue, but more toward what the shield does. The amount of hitpoints is not the problem and they should undo the 15% shield reduction in Cyrodiil ASAP. The reason I say that is then, we need to have crits and debuffs either apply to the shield or the caster. I also think things like major fracture or major breech if not being applied to the caster behind the bubble, should be direct additional damage on the shields hit points. So major fracture or breach would do 5120 damage to the shield if it cannot be applied to the armor.

The other 2 things; I think the escape would be relatively less likely if the shield was being more quickly damaged but who knows. Having best damage as a magicka class probably is where a sorc should be.

It isn't the best shield with duration (Harness/Dampen Magic is), many other shields scale with magicka.

Major Breech is applied through the shield, but the shield itself has no mitigation to begin with (You can see this in my sheliza video when he reduces my armor to less than 500 through my shields.

Magicka damage isn't all it is cracked up to be. Currently 4 pieces of nirnhoned armor can *Double* your magicka resistance and the average player has far more magickaresistance than anything. Magick damage is currently the *weakest* thing in the game right now.

Currently I can spam every single ability I have (with the exception of Power overload my ultimate) against a player spamming harness magicka and he will never run out of magicka or take any damage. How is it that my entire class and all of my abilities can be 100% completely mitigated by a single ability that *every* player has access to.

You don't see me on these forums crying about harness though do you? You don't see me crying about players running around with freaking 50,000 spell resistance and the buggiest penetration mechanism in the game being my only way to partially counter it do you? Nope. Because for every person I can't kill there is always someone else that I *can* kill and as long as other people are able to kill that person everything is OK in my book.

But the same can be said for any magic-based non-sorc class, which don't have shields based off magicka or the Power Overload ultimate.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    Whining about bolt escape!? Lol!

BE ports 17m all gap closers have what 22? 24?m range, this is comical.

As for hardened ward, sorcs would be unplayable without it, and its strength is way overstated here. Way overstated. You will be hard pressed to even get two full hits of protection out of it, and any sorc worth his salt spends time constantly refreshing it during combat so he/she doesn't die.

Let me give you an example. I charge and root you. You bolt escape with my roots and disorient me. While I break the disorient you bolt escape again. I cannot reach you with another charge cause I need a target to charge.

This is how it should be. I dont see a problem. This is no different then the DK casts scales, I cast shards, shards comes back and hits me.

This boils down to folks whining because someone gets away. Two classes in this game were given clear ways to ESCAPE. One of them actually has the word in its skill name. This game was designed with escaping being integral to two classes (sorc and nb) BE is not a granted escape and neither is cloak. Cloak in the hands of someone such as sypher allows him to get out of situations other can't.

Bottom line is folks need to get used to it and quit whining about someone running and go fight someone else, as a sorc myself, I wont chase another.

Escaping, running away is a valid strategy. This is not an arena where one man enters and one man.leaves. Disengaging combat is a valid strategy. Those who chase BE sorcs know we are preying on human.tendencies of impulsiveness
    and irrational behavior. This has decades of psychological study behind it. Marketers have used this for years, 8 out of 10 purchases are impulse buys, in the right presentation, most folks can't help themselves.

That's why its so easy as a sorc to dangle as that bait just out of reach.

So dont take the bait, the most annoying thing you can do to a sorc is ignore him and continue to move away from him.

Feigning disinterest is one of the most powerful tactics that can be used against a sorc.

One of the longest and most volatile hate tells I have ever gotten in this game was from a Sorceror that I stopped chasing.

I started to chase at Arrius Keep and when we got about halfway to Kingscrest Farm I realized I was going to run out of stamina and die, so I concluded the only logical course of action was to disengage and head back to Arrius. I let him bolt ahead of me twice and then I popped maneuvers and ran back to Arrius.

He did not like that; he chased me all the way back and bolted right into a group of three stealthed EP and was slaughtered.

The tells I got were the best. "Who runs from a 1v1?" "You're the worst player I have ever faced!" "I am a vampire! You could have killed me with your flame attacks!" "Noob who needs others to kill one player." "Just stop playing this game, you noob". Add in a lot of profanity too and that's about sums up his QQ.

Lulz. "Who runs from a 1v1". I guess bolting away from a 1v1 doesn't count as "running" away. Apparently it's not running away if you don't use your legs.

Yeah what is with that anyway. Happens to me all the time. I'm 1v1ing a sorc, they bolt off 40m away so I turn around and start walking away and they come back start fighting again, then bolt off 40m away and then complete the process.

I got some tells as well. After one of them did this 2 times, I just decided to show him how irrelevant his BE build was. I just stood there, unblocked and used nothing but break free, rapid regen and igneous shield. After about 5m minutes he called me a part of the female anatomy, said I was exploiting, and he had it all on video. I was hoping he would post it on the forums so I could treasure it daily. Alas, he did not :( . That was back in 1.5 where damage and survivability were perpendicular.
    Edited by Armitas on 31 March 2015 16:57
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm not sure if you know this but harness magic needs to go off of magic it only stops magic your ward stops all damage so that's not close to equal.

Sure a caster can eat all that damage with Harness but as a stamina build (since beta) harness cost me 4k and stops 2k magic damage not even one Attacks so that's a magic vs magic problem using that shield kills my magic fast and the 50k spell resistance ALL ultimates and most class powers are magic seeing my stamina finally joining the stam side but most damage is still magic so that's what people defend against

What part about me speaking about the fact that *magick damage* is not all that great as other people are making out here and harness magicka completely countering it didn't you understand?

No a stamina build isn't going to be spamming harness magicka but *any* player wearing light armor (and obviously a magicka) build can. Stamina builds have dodge rolls that mitigate all of my class skills except one.

And Harness doesn't cost you 4K. It has a base cost of 3591 (or 3351 can't remember) and it's base value is far greater than 2K.

My harness absorbs more magick damage than my hardened ward and it is *free* when I'm being hit by magical attacks. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. Hardened ward against physical attacks isn't nearly as effective as harness against magical.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Let sorc's keep bolt escape ... im cool with that.... but give nightblades at skill that increases run speed by 100% for 30 seconds :)
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    Let sorc's keep bolt escape ... im cool with that.... but give nightblades at skill that increases run speed by 100% for 30 seconds :)

They do. It's called Mount Horse
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Good call... let nightblades use skills like snipe while on a horse
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was actually suggesting reasons to counter all shields in general while alternatively also giving them something back in getting rid of the 15% nerf while in Cyrodiil; but I do think hardened ward is the best one when you look at cost, actuall hit points scaling with magicka, and the fact that it applies to both types of damage.

Good to know that breech affects work through shields. Now if only the shield wasn't a free crit resist or DoT resist (damage points un-nerfed to compensate) maybe we would get somewhere.

There is a middle ground here somwhere to where these shields are still usefull for magicka players in all classes yet still not be complete protection for a lot of extra effects like crit and DOTs.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What part about me speaking about the fact that *magick damage* is not all that great as other people are making out here and harness magicka completely countering it didn't you understand?

No a stamina build isn't going to be spamming harness magicka but *any* player wearing light armor (and obviously a magicka) build can. Stamina builds have dodge rolls that mitigate all of my class skills except one.

And Harness doesn't cost you 4K. It has a base cost of 3591 (or 3351 can't remember) and it's base value is far greater than 2K.

My harness absorbs more magick damage than my hardened ward and it is *free* when I'm being hit by magical attacks. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. Hardened ward against physical attacks isn't nearly as effective as harness against magical.

No I'm sure I can read Harness cost 3.8 so 4k to be square and the shield is based off my Max magic and mines is only 2.3 magic damage absorbed

I really don't know what you caster think roll dodge cost a stamina build yea it's a lot cheaper in full medium with cost reduction from the champion system but that not a shield and does hurt your stamina if you try to use it to block the damage shields can eat

You can't stand and fight while rolling so no powers with a cast time aka all the hard hitting stamina powers, meaning just okay instant casts

For the King of Argonia
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    Good call... let nightblades use skills like snipe while on a horse

You didn't ask for that. All you said was basically a gap closer (100% speed for 30 seconds)
  • Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭

No I'm sure I can read Harness cost 3.8 so 4k to be square and the shield is based off my Max magic and mines is only 2.3 magic damage absorbed

I really don't know what you caster think roll dodge cost a stamina build yea it's a lot cheaper in full medium with cost reduction from the champion system but that not a shield and does hurt your stamina if you try to use it to block the damage shields can eat

You can't stand and fight while rolling so no powers with a cast time aka all the hard hitting stamina powers, meaning just okay instant casts

Hate to burst your bubble, but sorcs can't attack while spamming shield either... The Timing of stacking shields is huge, and it does take skill to master. Fooey to all you who think it's sooooo easy.
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lets forget the fact that sorcs go down quicker than the other 3 classes, and is the reason they need to BE spam:/

no, lets take away BE so sorcs can be killed quickly without difficulty; thereby rendering the class utterly useless in PvP.

once they stop using hardened ward, the sorc dies 9 times out of 10. the sorc has absolutely pitiful durability; which is why they are given such high damage output.

go ahead and fight a sorc and wear them down until they cannot cast a damage shield. They will be utterly defenseless. Sorcs need BE to stay alive just like NBs need the halfway broken cloak to stay alive.
    Edited by Cody on 31 March 2015 18:48
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCS <3

You don't like Sorcs using their abilities as designed?
    Use a gap closer.
    Done and done, move on.

Sorcs are already squishy as is if you counter with stamina builds.
    I dont understand what DKs are QQing about. L2P your class.
    NBs can easily shoot through BOL with snipe.
    Templars just have to heal their way through the DPS then counter.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want all I ever hear is how squishy Sorcs are I have a Nightblade caster with nearly 5 warlock, 5 HEAVY seducer and two Eyes of Mara plus the CP to drop the magic cost of spells he does just fine more then just fine with a cost reduction higher then 1.5 with full light you can wear armor and be a caster but you choose too and say you need your ward

All my caster take two seconds to Pop Dampen Magic and Healing Ward what's one more button

Im not seeing your argument in 1.5 you don't have the extra cost reductions so you had to go light but now you do your class powers don't go up in cost so heavy Seducer would feel like magic cost in 1.5 up suit up and stop bitching that you die without that's by poor build chooses

For the King of Argonia
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of you moaning about sorcs should play one. You will find you die to a wealth of things in Cyrodiil regardless of your shields and your ability to bolt escape. If you learn to play, you will figure out these methods and you will kill sorcerers with very little difficulty (apart from perhaps a select few).

If you find yourself unable to kill sorcerers because you lack the necessary skill or ability, simply let him bolt away. No one loses anything that way. Don't let it bother you so much, honestly.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW. I'll remember your great advice next time Bloodspawn is stomping my &ss into the ground.... I can just Bolt Escape away! I had a "get out of jail free" card all this time and didn't even know it!

Oh, wait... that's not really going to work too well in PvE boss fights. Please stop calling for Sorc nerfs until you know what you're talking about.

Edited by Emma_Overload on 31 March 2015 19:21
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    All of you moaning about sorcs should play one. You will find you die to a wealth of things in Cyrodiil regardless of your shields and your ability to bolt escape. If you learn to play, you will figure out these methods and you will kill sorcerers with very little difficulty (apart from perhaps a select few).

If you find yourself unable to kill sorcerers because you lack the necessary skill or ability, simply let him bolt away. No one loses anything that way. Don't let it bother you so much, honestly.

My Nightblade Battle Mage in 5 heavy with 8% cost reductions from seducer, 6% from two light and 8.6% from the Champion system that's more cost reductions then seven heavy in 1.5 and with cost reductions enchantments it's even better L2P your class and go battle Mage you are lossing nothing but no you wear all light and get nuked cause of your refusal to wear armor despite the fact that it's better for you and 1.6

For the King of Argonia
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first pvp session this weekend since 1.6 and I died a million times. I am a sorc.

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I feel for every time my monster shields saved me, I died at least twice to all sorts of huge number damage such as bow heavies, wb, siege, surprise attacks or just good players.

1vX even vs not so good players feels far more difficult than ever before. Versus good players it's similar to 1.5, 1v1 better/smarter player wins most of the matches, 1vX very difficult.

Without shields? Forget it.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »

My Nightblade Battle Mage in 5 heavy with 8% cost reductions from seducer, 6% from two light and 8.6% from the Champion system that's more cost reductions then seven heavy in 1.5 and with cost reductions enchantments it's even better L2P your class and go battle Mage you are lossing nothing but no you wear all light and get nuked cause of your refusal to wear armor despite the fact that it's better for you and 1.6

Wow, that got out of hand fast
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a great way for the sorc problem to go away is to stop complaining about it

play the game, get better at the game.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first pvp session this weekend since 1.6 and I died a million times. I am a sorc.

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I feel for every time my monster shields saved me, I died at least twice to all sorts of huge number damage such as bow heavies, wb, siege, surprise attacks or just good players.

1vX even vs not so good players feels far more difficult than ever before. Versus good players it's similar to 1.5, 1v1 better/smarter player wins most of the matches, 1vX very difficult.

Without shields? Forget it.

exactly.

sorcs HAVE to use their shields and BE abilities to survive. Even then its not guaranteed. I have both sniped and DWed(dual wield) sorcs in combat and defeated them. there are very few that do so well to the point they do not need a ward.

People complaining about sorcs really need to roll one and try it out for a bit. All but a couple of the abilities in 2/3 of the skill lines is strictly DPS, the CC abilities suck(at least shards and mines is decent, but even then mines only help against melee players, and even then are still avoidable) and there are absolutely NO good self heals whatsoever. Most sorcs are forced into a resto staff build just to have access to shields, lowering their potential DPS.

if a sorc kills you quick, then good. they are supposed to; that is what the class is designed around; but I guarantee that once you break the shields down, and apply CC, the sorc will die. that, or the sorc will BE away. Either way you still win the fight.

People have a problem with damage shields. That is fine, but do not pin it on sorcs. Every class can do it(and most do with resto staves, as damage shield spam is now required for PvP due to these insane damage numbers), and there is no reason to nerf an already weak class over an issue that, in reality, is not that class' fault.

if anything the sorc needs a BUFF. the class needs a reliable self heal(so do NBs, but this is a sorc thread) and a few of the abilities need reworking or replacing.
    Edited by Cody on 31 March 2015 19:53