Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light not appearing in "The Light Fantastic" Quest

FilthyNord
FilthyNord
Soul Shriven
As stated in the title, me and a lot of other players have had trouble with "The Light Fantastic" quest in the Bthanual cave in Deshaan. its simply uncompletable because the light which was suppose to came from the stone is not appearing.
The quest is suppose to be played as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmM5FIB_lKo but instead it end up like seen in the pictures. (no light appearing) as the pictures show i have the quest and the other pictures show the location of the quest.
I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD YOU FILTHY NORD

-Some random Imperial
  • Kasnadak
    Kasnadak
    Soul Shriven
    I am getting the same problem nothing is showing up even though i go through the process of turning each crystal the specific number of times and nothing happens.
  • theweavex_ESO
    theweavex_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Also getting this same bug, about 20 other people running around in game with me trying to get lucky at the moment. A patch soon would be appreciated =/
  • Efed
    Efed
    same problem =(
  • Efed
    Efed
    No reaction? Great job!
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken. No one get them light beams.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • FilthyNord
    FilthyNord
    Soul Shriven
    Alright, so today (24/03) the quest randomly skipped the part with the light after the newest update for me. i have no idea if it its actually fixed for anybody else. but i have managed to complete it.
    I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD YOU FILTHY NORD

-Some random Imperial
  • Efed
    Efed
    nope. Steel same problem.
    Tickets 150324-002255 and 150324-002259
  • Brockxz
    Brockxz
    ✭✭
    yep, same problem here. There was 10+ people and noone could see laser beams so everyone was just standing there and waiting for some miracle.
  • DacianDragon
    DacianDragon
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem yesterday evening when there were a lot of people on, so I left it and came back to do it this morning when there was not much traffic, it seems that the more people there are in the same instance doing the same quest tends to bug it out for everyone involved, I did end up completing it in the end, if you do go and do it when there is less traffic, also make sure you have abandoned it before you enter as you can pick it back up again when you get in, this is just a precaution in case the system still has you logged as doing it the day before when it was still bugged out.

You should not have to wait for a time with less traffic but since the game went B2P there is an influx of players coming back again, maybe some more instancing will help alleviate this problem, not just for this quest but for others as well, as there may be others affected by this too. Fingers crossed there is not :)

Hope this helps, happy gaming and have a good one my fellow Elder thingys!! B)
  • Efed
    Efed
    devs please answer. Nothing helps!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

We are aware of the issue with this quest and we are investigating a fix. We have a suggested workaround that may help out:
    1. Abandon the quest
    2. Wait for 20 minutes to reset the instance
    3. Re-accept the quest
    4. Zoom your camera all the way out as you play through the quest
    5. The lights should now be visible.

Let us know if this helps or not!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Efed
    Efed
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

We are aware of the issue with this quest and we are investigating a fix. We have a suggested workaround that may help out:
    1. Abandon the quest
    2. Wait for 20 minutes to reset the instance
    3. Re-accept the quest
    4. Zoom your camera all the way out as you play through the quest
    5. The lights should now be visible.

Let us know if this helps or not!

No, this is do not help.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Efed,

There may be a wall behind you, but just to be 100% sure, did you pull the camera out as far out as it can possibly go during the quest?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Efed
    Efed
    Hey there @Efed,

There may be a wall behind you, but just to be 100% sure, did you pull the camera out as far out as it can possibly go during the quest?
    Yes, shure! Also trying to turn off addons, do not help.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here suggestions don't work
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Efed,

Yup... same. This workaround does NOT work. I don't know how many people have to say that for it to be heard either.

Since they got rid of the beams from the staves - this appears to have gotten rid of all beams in the game. THAT is the problem.

This quest can be completed without the beams - but man oh man it takes a LOT of trial and error. Took me about an hour to complete it.