Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the PVP lag gone?

• Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    The lag is still there for sure... Game needs more anti-zerg mechanics.

Like tricking people into going into delves for an "ap boost" then locking them out of overland for the duration of the ap boost by making them sit through Queue again?

No.. they don't need any more anti-zerg mechanics. They need to stop with this band-aid fix BS and fix the core of the problem. Or have a dead game... their choice.

We both know that ain't going to happen anyway. Anti zerg mechanics are good, people more spread out in the battlefield is good. These AOE trains that runs through cyro are just silly really.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    The lag is still there for sure... Game needs more anti-zerg mechanics.

Like tricking people into going into delves for an "ap boost" then locking them out of overland for the duration of the ap boost by making them sit through Queue again?

No.. they don't need any more anti-zerg mechanics. They need to stop with this band-aid fix BS and fix the core of the problem. Or have a dead game... their choice.

We both know that ain't going to happen anyway. Anti zerg mechanics are good, people more spread out in the battlefield is good. These AOE trains that runs through cyro are just silly really.

Yes, but Anti-Zerg isn't fixing Lag. It's more laggy than ever.

What I'm saying is they need to figure out what they fubared with the 1.4 patch that started causing all of the Cyrodil lag and fix it.

Also.. we were promised "Epic" battles on game release. And until 1.4 you could have pretty huge battles, but now if you get more than 2 full groups on screen at once the game about takes a crap.

Not to mention with the lower pop caps you can only have 6 full groups per FACTION in a campaign at a time. That's ridiculous...
  • Liea
    Liea
    ✭✭
    Fond memories...

Until you remember the bots and the cheatsploiters. (That is so a word.)

Trouble is, people can - and probably do - use aimbots and macros in PVP currently. A player told me he uses both in PVP and never got caught. I can only guess that cheater-software constantly evolves to remain undetected by cheat-detecting-software. And when I take into account how good Zenimax are at anything concerning software-design or -development I cannot help but be convinced they cannot reliably detect cheaters. The result is - just my assumption here - that we have cheater-detecting software that does not catch cheaters but nevertheless lags the game out for PVP and PVE?
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    some of the lag is due to the game, but some of it is due to players. I have seen big keep battles have pretty reasonable ping, and then certain players show up and lag explodes. Sometimes you can hear the meteors (multiple meteors per second) start going off right when the lag starts. Surprised no one has mentioned this in the thread, its common on Thorn.