Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the PVP lag gone?

wOOOOt_of_SD
wOOOOt_of_SD
✭✭✭
I noticed that last evening after 1.6, i went to Cyradiil, and even in some very large batlles, there was..... No lag...

I hope i don't jinx it now - but did anyone else experience the same - more smooth pvp?

I would be very happy if they actually got rid of the mega laaaag when 2 large armies clash together.

/Crosses fingers

w
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its even worse
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    The lag is still there for sure... Game needs more anti-zerg mechanics.
  • daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    I had a much smoother experience for my part. A few lag spikes here and there but most of the time the game in Cyrodiil runs much more better. I gained something like 15 - 20 fps compared to before.
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    I had more lag than before 1.6.. but patch day is often a lag day in a lot of mmos xD
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Minack
    Minack
    ✭✭✭
    lol no
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lag is worse
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I got Lucky ;p
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    What game are you playing? The lag is very bad in some cases, although much better than before.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    ***, you guys are confusing. Lag as in FPS or lag as in Ping? Because FPS wise my game was fine before the patch and it is better now, most of the time I am between 70-100 in cyro on high and in mass pvp 25-30 which is acceptable. The ping on the other hand? ***, the ping is crazy. Skills doing damage 15-20 seconds after you use them and so on...
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5am EST Thornblade (NA) is unplayable with 2/3/2 bars. Constant rollbacks, glitching, weapons or siege not firing.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol

rip decibel
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lag is worse than it has ever been for me.
  • untranslated
    untranslated
    ✭✭
    I cant even PVP. Before i played and god 300-700 ping which is understandable given my connection. Now since the patch it just freeze lags for from 3-15 seconds or just actually times out. Really unhappy with ESO since playing the new patch, everything is *** broken and it feels like i wasted money buying it. Before the patch i couldnt have been happier. Now even questing is heavily bugged and greenshades NPC creeps dont actually move. Its like a field of zombies with no interaction. They better fix this soon and better not have ANOTHER 9 gig update.
  • civilizedsavage
    civilizedsavage
    ✭✭✭
    PvP lag is so, so bad...can't get in and out of doors, can't fire siege, get stuck trying to use weapon skills and just stand there handing out free AP...plus half the time you earn CPs they don't actually show up, probably not a lag issue but so annoying...oh and there's the awesome No Alliance marker showing or No Health Bars bugs. PvP is an absolute mess right now. ):
    Guild Leader | The Ashen Hand
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ping hit 999+ while I was alone at a resource buying from the Quartermaster. Something is seriously wrong.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol nope
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged into Thornblade 30 minutes ago, ported to Roe and the lag was so bad from fights on the other side of the map that I couldn't use the door or any skills. Promptly ported back to the wayshrine & did the daily pledge.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    For me the game lag in Cyrodill is definitely worse than in 1.5.7. It is especially noticeable if there is more players and action in the same location - it often pops to 700-900. I reported several cases about it to support, but got no response :-(
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to read reaction of people that coming back in 6 days when it turn B2P and feel the lag in Cyrodill.

We all know how fun is Cyrodill when it doesn't lag, but those who come back or start fresh in ESO won't have a good impression of the game and this is crucial when you plan on a ''fresh start'' like Tamriel Unlimited.
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭
    Since the patch my latency has become incredibly unstable.
    Most nights I am resigned to just running around farming nodes because I cant rely on my ping staying playable for more than 5mins.

At best I get 260ms (Melbourne, Australia), when stable I can live with this, but lately I am jumping anywhere from 260-890 and often just freezing up with 999+

It gets really old hearing that I should reset my router or check ports etc etc.. Nothing changed with my net.
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Reviving this thread.
    Since last maintenance, I have had 95% smooth pvp, and the only tiny lag i had at the largest battles was 500 latency, and still playable, no freezes.

So right now it feels much much better.
  • Liea
    Liea
    ✭✭
    Do not forget they reduced population caps in Cyrodiil to about 150 players per faction. Less players means less lag but also less action. Have a look at PVP videos from the game's launch - for instance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShN6OorF6U and notice how lag free PVP was mostly back then even with huge amounts of players fighting over one spot.
    Edited by Liea on 30 March 2015 10:08
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen as many cases of 999+ ping, and when they happened, the game was still playable (as in, skills were delayed, but not completely stopped). So i'd say it's an improvement.
  • Runcajsz
    Runcajsz
    Soul Shriven
    Liea wrote: »
    Do not forget they reduced population caps in Cyrodiil to about 150 players per faction. Less players means less lag but also less action. Have a look at PVP videos from the game's launch - for instance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShN6OorF6U and notice how lag free PVP was mostly back then even with huge amounts of players fighting over one spot.

Holy crap! Is this really the same game what we are playing now? I was simply shocked when I saw how many players moved on the screen. I can't imagine how much lag would be in current state of this game, around 30k ping... What did they do with this game?! :'(
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They've removed deer , Torchbugs , Nerfed Stars and Comets horseshoes N balloons . It's like a bad cereal commercial now an all we get to eat is the chalky wheat parts . An still it lags . They finally made a horror movie about it ..

http://youtu.be/OaRx7iR9kXg

It's bad too
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liea wrote: »

Fond memories...

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still really bad. Had plenty of people rage quit last couple nights, and I can't blame them.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fond memories...

Until you remember the bots and the cheatsploiters. (That is so a word.)
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    The lag is still there for sure... Game needs more anti-zerg mechanics.

Like tricking people into going into delves for an "ap boost" then locking them out of overland for the duration of the ap boost by making them sit through Queue again?

No.. they don't need any more anti-zerg mechanics. They need to stop with this band-aid fix BS and fix the core of the problem. Or have a dead game... their choice.