Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding Shields...

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Some concerns I have regarding shields.

1. Shields protect you from getting knocked back from destructive touch and it's morphs.

2. Light Attacking a shield doesn't grant the ult gen buff.

3. Shields prevent certain abilities from working such as the new "Grim Focus" the light attacks do NOT count if they have a shield up. Also negates Siphoning strike and it's morphs and a variety of other abilities.

I think these issues should be addressed, shields are way too powerful and are even preventing certain CC's/Abilities from working.
Edited by Sypher on 7 February 2015 01:10
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

1. Shields protect you from getting knocked back from destructive touch and it's morphs.

3. Shields prevent certain abilities from working such as the new "Grim Focus" the light attacks do NOT count if they have a shield up. Also negates Siphoning strike and it's morphs and a variety of other abilities.

I think these issues should be addressed, shields are way too powerful and are even preventing certain CC's/Abilities from working.

Shields are def. bugged in 1.6.1 in their current state. Anything light attack wise should be addressed in the upcoming 1.6.2 patch.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shields are def. bugged in 1.6.1 in their current state. Anything light attack wise should be addressed in the upcoming 1.6.2 patch.

^ This. #1 sounds like a bug, but I haven't heard about it. #2 and #3 are getting fixed.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read in another thread Zeni acknowledged #2 and it will be fixed on the PTS.. hopefully PTSers will let us know if that turns out true. Which may or may not mean it'll be that way on live. :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    I read in another thread Zeni acknowledged #2 and it will be fixed on the PTS.. hopefully PTSers will let us know if that turns out true. Which may or may not mean it'll be that way on live. :-)

That's good to hear.

Hopefully #1 and #3 are also addressed.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shields are OP as heck right now. Anyone that says they are not has not played on the PTS or is just a fool.

They are OP mainly due to these 3 reasons. I hope they are fixed before live.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also prevent dots from ticking as well, which seems silly.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have a big patch of issues to fix before releasing 1.6 . I believe their aware of the light attack bug . They intentionally made shield stacking more powerful . I don't understand why yet but the explanation was that AOE's are Blockable now and more defense was needed . Or something to that effect .
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    They have a big patch of issues to fix before releasing 1.6 . I believe their aware of the light attack bug . They intentionally made shield stacking more powerful . I don't understand why yet but the explanation was that AOE's are Blockable now and more defense was needed . Or something to that effect .

If you hold block in big fights you lose all of your stamina from being able to block more attacks. So they made shield stacking more important to give LA wearers a better chance of survival since 1 stam attack in most cases can negate 1 shield.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you hold block in big fights you lose all of your stamina from being able to block more attacks. So they made shield stacking more important to give LA wearers a better chance of survival since 1 stam attack in most cases can negate 1 shield.

I'd like to know what stam attack you're talking about, as it takes atleast 3 Surprise Attacks to get rid of one shield. Even Soul Harvest (ultimate) doesn't destroy a shield in one hit.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds good in theory, but the numbers they came up with originally are too high and need to be toned down. When I watch sorcs duel for 10+ minutes and not a single dip in their health before they give up something is wrong.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with this at all. I can duel on live for 30+ minutes with any good BoL sorc. In PTS most dueling sorcs use BoL now and thus sorc vs sorc duels are typically endless. The skill level of the players on pts right now is very high compared to the general populace.

Fight a good Templar or DK or NB and they'll cut through your shields as fast as you can stack them almost. Once your shields are down and you're stunned from being run OOS you're dead.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭

shields don't bleed

Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for making another thread regarding this topic. Another thing to add would be that when shielded the heavy armor constitution passive doesn't trigger either which essentially creates irony that a defensive armor passive doesn't work while a defensive ability is active.
    Edited by Lionxoft on 8 February 2015 02:44
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trottz wrote: »

shields don't bleed

You are aware not all dots are bleeds right?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

shields don't bleed

the personinside does.
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭

You are aware not all dots are bleeds right?
    ofc

Cody wrote: »
    the personinside does.
    yea. but shields dont.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I'd like to know what stam attack you're talking about, as it takes atleast 3 Surprise Attacks to get rid of one shield. Even Soul Harvest (ultimate) doesn't destroy a shield in one hit.
    By stacking buffs you can get 8-10k surprise attack. Ask to liberate ;)
    I don't agree with this at all. I can duel on live for 30+ minutes with any good BoL sorc. In PTS most dueling sorcs use BoL now and thus sorc vs sorc duels are typically endless. The skill level of the players on pts right now is very high compared to the general populace.

Fight a good Templar or DK or NB and they'll cut through your shields as fast as you can stack them almost. Once your shields are down and you're stunned from being run OOS you're dead.
    I guess you didnt try those class... a melee stamina can get enough burst, but as magicka NB melee, I rarely go through sorc's shield (good sorcs I mean, Derra, Brad Critt or Elodryel, I never found you :(). Its also due to they hit me hard, so I've to refresh my harness. So I have to stop my burst. And I'm running with max magicka/spell dmg I can. The worst problem for my spec, is that harness absorbs my attacks. They shouldnt absorb melee magicka attack.
    PS : you're the only good sorc I know who dont think shield stack+amazing damages only by stacking magicka and spell dmg is way too op combo atm. Maybe try out others class, you will see its not that easy ;).
    Edited by Erondil on 8 February 2015 07:55
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shields don't bleed

And people don't summon huge shards of crystal out of thin air by wiggling their fingers.

Unless, of course, it's a fantasy game. Then everything goes. Including bleeding shields.
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to kill annoying mages get the right setup.

If you're looking for easy prey go for deary deers. oh wait...
    Edited by Trottz on 8 February 2015 09:41
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to kill annoying mages get the right setup.

If you're looking for easy prey go for deary deers. oh wait...

Thank you! Every set up has a cost and a counter. You can't have it all. People fail to realize the opportunity cost of sheilded builds for sorcs. It comes with no stamina, one shottable hp, lost ability spaces, and investment in the game's most easily reflected/absorbed dps. I agree bugs should be fixed, but the shields otherwise are in a good place considering their high opportunity costs. Most attacks can eat a shield in two shots while never sacrificing the utility of dps/cc. And again, don't judge a balance based on its bugged version. With those bugs gone, shields might be in a different place.
    Edited by Vis on 8 February 2015 18:31
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if the dot is no bleed.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #3 is the same on live atm.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields are not that op.

They are better then they were but by no means makes one unkillable.

They had to buff shields some because of light armor pretty much might as well be running around naked in terms of damage mitigation.

So its a trade casting magic for protection, its not free.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with this at all. I can duel on live for 30+ minutes with any good BoL sorc.

Sorry for the noob question, but my Sorc is still a lowbie: what is BoL?

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher is right on all accounts but not the first to bring these issues up. I wonder what (if anything) Zenimax will do to remedy this.
    Edited by TheLaw on 8 February 2015 22:52
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with this at all. I can duel on live for 30+ minutes with any good BoL sorc.

Ball of Lightening. It's a morph in the sorc storm caster line.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

Ball of Lightening. It's a morph in the sorc storm caster line.

Ah, many thanks!
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There have been many threads about how broken blocking is. It's not the shield but the blocking mechanic that's broken and with all the new stuff your able to block in 1.6 it's gonna be even more broken cause all the new skills and skill tweeks won't do anything cause blocking stops them. Also to add a cherry on top of the sunday that is about how broken block is you can still block cast.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been many threads about how broken blocking is. It's not the shield but the blocking mechanic that's broken and with all the new stuff your able to block in 1.6 it's gonna be even more broken cause all the new skills and skill tweeks won't do anything cause blocking stops them. Also to add a cherry on top of the sunday that is about how broken block is you can still block cast.

Ugh, No. Blocking/Block Casting is a thing of the past UNLESS you are specifically specced for it and/or wearing heavy armor with a lot of champion points into stam/block reduction.

Blocking is not an issue anymore. Shields negating skill effects and negating ult gain is an issue.

• Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Shields are op right now, admit it. Don't go against it because it just makes you look like a DK that tried to defend flappy flap.