Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.61 Notes, NB OP

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are for DPS...if you're not killing something in your group, you're doing it wrong.

Sap, light attacks, impale and bats now, when 1.6 hits, will be sap, impale, with scatter shot or whirling blades with light attacks peppered in.

I guess if you have like 15 NBs in a group of 24 a couple could switch to cc...but otherwise, not going to waste my SPs
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    NBs are for DPS...if you're not killing something in your group, you're doing it wrong.

Sap, light attacks, impale and bats now, when 1.6 hits, will be sap, impale, with scatter shot or whirling blades with light attacks peppered in.

I guess if you have like 15 NBs in a group of 24 a couple could switch to cc...but otherwise, not going to waste my SPs
    Fear is mostly for 1v1/1vX, and very usefull for this kind of pvp. But right now, as NB melee magicka, I cant burst someone to the death during the fear duration, even without block hold, with magicka maxed and all buffs stacked (entropy might of the guild grim focus). While I can on live, even on block spammers.

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    NB OP? More like Sorc OP. All you see on PTS is Sorcerers decimating everything.

Whats making them OP?
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    squshy7 wrote: »
    Maybe when they fix shadow cloak so it can remove sorceror dots. The one they put on you that explodes after a certain time... yeah it doesn't remove that and the explosion takes you out of stealth. Its not easy being sneaky. =(

That's not a dot, and nor should it be removed by using cloak. I say this as an early access main NB. Balance is a good thing, remember.

But at least have it break channels. Like Radiant Destruction.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB OP? More like Sorc OP. All you see on PTS is Sorcerers decimating everything.

Whats making them OP?
    They drop all their HP, max magicka. This way, they get awesome shield stack (25k easily) and if they are good, stack damages buffs and go for awesome damages too (CF 14k, overload light attack 10k)

Edited by Erondil on 4 February 2015 22:28
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the subject of not being able to block while feared...it doesn't work. Just done some duels on pts and players still blocking through its duration and not getting immunity after.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gameishard

Suru
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    Gameishard

likesohard
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gamesohard

corrected
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    How does this make the NB OPd? If you are feared you shouldnt be able to do anything. That fear also costs alot of magika. From my experience in PVP less than 20% of NBs even use it

Fear goes through block, the only CC that locks you out of abilities but isn't blockable. This makes fear strong as *** right now. And fear costs a lot of magicka compared to some of your dps abilities sure, but its an aoe cc with a long term effect.... it should cost a lot (but in the grand scheme of other abilities in the game its cheap).

Fear should break block - absolutely. Talons can't be blocked yet they dont have a cc timer, do damage and carry a synergy.

shut up
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    How does this make the NB OPd? If you are feared you shouldnt be able to do anything. That fear also costs alot of magika. From my experience in PVP less than 20% of NBs even use it

Fear goes through block, the only CC that locks you out of abilities but isn't blockable. This makes fear strong as *** right now. And fear costs a lot of magicka compared to some of your dps abilities sure, but its an aoe cc with a long term effect.... it should cost a lot (but in the grand scheme of other abilities in the game its cheap).

Fear should break block - absolutely. Talons can't be blocked yet they dont have a cc timer, do damage and carry a synergy.

shut up

talon's aren't a stun like CC, fear is considered a lockout where abilities can't be used thus why block is arguably a reasonable expectation. Now lets place that on the side you biased clown arguing like a petulant child (shut up? Lol). The reason I say place that aside is in 1.6 (if you happened to read the changes and test things yourselves) you can now block roots.

So before you talk and argue points about something... make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. And try to see past your obvious nightblade bias also... I mean... at least make a coherent point for it.

And thats all being said where I don't really care that fear will go through block. I was just stating a fact at the beginning of the thread. Fear is a strong ability, it is an AOE CC that locks you out of abilities (disables) that already goes through block, in addition many nightblades claim its expensive.... but in the grand scheme of things its not. All facts.
    Edited by Huntler on 5 February 2015 19:48
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is an effective tool for people who won't let go of block. Is long and short of it, as far as I am concerned. Want to not get feared? Use immovable.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Fear is an effective tool for people who won't let go of block. Is long and short of it, as far as I am concerned. Want to not get feared? Use immovable.

Once again not commenting on the validity of fear, it is what it is. But given 1.6.1 immovable will no longer really be the answer (see the notes if you don't know why).
    Edited by Huntler on 5 February 2015 22:00
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    For how strong it is with this change, its like a mini ult where if we arent ready to CC break or have Immovable up (which just got a nerf in the patch notes) it can wipe multiple groups by spamming this skill. Kinda like negate does sorta kinda.

Are you.. trolling? Or something? You can't honestly believe that groups will be wiped purely because you can't block while feared on 1.6... How did you ever become emperor?
    I have plenty of stamina, but this is a pretty strong skill as it is the only skill type in the game that Pierces block tho.

That's not true in 1.6. If I remember correctly, there are bunch of CCs that go through block now.

Either way, you're looney. Also, how on Earth does not getting ultimate from PvP kills make nightblades overpowered??
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    and I know what you are going to say "I am a magicka build in LA".... well, that means your build has a weakness. You can stack a hoard of damage shields, Its only fair for LA magicka builds to have a weakness in the stamina/CC department.

stay at range, make use of knockback skills, get more stamina..... whichever solution floats your boat, but you are going to have weaknesses, accept it and learn to work around it.

I have plenty of stamina, but this is a pretty strong skill as it is the only skill type in the game that Pierces block tho.

Apologize for saying it was the only skill that goes through block, but things like talons where it does not lock out your skills are different. Agony and Petrify are close to it, but still different. I believe when you take damage it is automatically broken and you are free whereas Fear, with no resources to CC break, you are running around for 3 seconds with your pants down

Suru
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    For how strong it is with this change, its like a mini ult where if we arent ready to CC break or have Immovable up (which just got a nerf in the patch notes) it can wipe multiple groups by spamming this skill. Kinda like negate does sorta kinda.

Are you.. trolling? Or something? You can't honestly believe that groups will be wiped purely because you can't block while feared on 1.6... How did you ever become emperor?

That's not true in 1.6. If I remember correctly, there are bunch of CCs that go through block now.

Either way, you're looney. Also, how on Earth does not getting ultimate from PvP kills make nightblades overpowered??

I only meant to fear as OP, kills was just extra stuff I put in quickly

Suru
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, popping immovable renders fear pretty useless.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭

NBs are for everything! ;P All-Nightblade groups are the best groups!

And I expect everyone in my groups, even those foolish enough to not be Nightblades, to help with killing.
    Edited by Lynnessa on 6 February 2015 02:13
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe when they fix shadow cloak so it can remove sorceror dots. The one they put on you that explodes after a certain time... yeah it doesn't remove that and the explosion takes you out of stealth. Its not easy being sneaky. =(

That isn't a DOT though.. Read the tool tip. It only removes dots that tick off damage. Not ones that can be purged off and do no damage until the timer ends.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

shut up

talon's aren't a stun like CC, fear is considered a lockout where abilities can't be used thus why block is arguably a reasonable expectation. Now lets place that on the side you biased clown arguing like a petulant child (shut up? Lol). The reason I say place that aside is in 1.6 (if you happened to read the changes and test things yourselves) you can now block roots.

So before you talk and argue points about something... make sure you know what the hell you are talking about. And try to see past your obvious nightblade bias also... I mean... at least make a coherent point for it.

And thats all being said where I don't really care that fear will go through block. I was just stating a fact at the beginning of the thread. Fear is a strong ability, it is an AOE CC that locks you out of abilities (disables) that already goes through block, in addition many nightblades claim its expensive.... but in the grand scheme of things its not. All facts.

Sometimes 2 words will suffice,

I'm still of that opinion, bored of playing an underdog class that whenever it gets an ok skill whiney naps like yourself try get it nerfed. Sap essence has been killed thanks to people like you.

• McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    and I know what you are going to say "I am a magicka build in LA".... well, that means your build has a weakness. You can stack a hoard of damage shields, Its only fair for LA magicka builds to have a weakness in the stamina/CC department.

stay at range, make use of knockback skills, get more stamina..... whichever solution floats your boat, but you are going to have weaknesses, accept it and learn to work around it.

block in 1.6 isn't what it is in 1.5....honestly 1 person can quickly drain a blocker of stam in 1.6 w/ just light attacks.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭

This^^^

Although a min-maxed anything is untouchable compared to more balanced builds. The removal of softcaps has actually reduced the number of 'viable' pvp builds.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect, NB is the strongest CC/Debuff class in the game and has been for a very long time.

This notion that nightblade must be a stealthy cloak and dagger class still astounds me to no end.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you weren't using the Arena set already...
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Incorrect, NB is the strongest CC/Debuff class in the game and has been for a very long time.

This notion that nightblade must be a stealthy cloak and dagger class still astounds me to no end.

Eh, people gonna cling to sterotypes.... even as I CC and Debuff them to death.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tell me what NB skill is better than talons?
    Edited by reften on 6 February 2015 18:44
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sap. /Thread

But reading your signature tells me you play the stereotyped gank/stealther Nightblade which is not the only role a nightblade can play. You need to look outside your biases to understand the strengths of a nightblade are in other places as well.
    Edited by Huntler on 6 February 2015 18:58
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sap. /Thread

But reading your signature tells me you play the stereotyped gank/stealther Nightblade which is not the only role a nightblade can play. You need to look outside your biases to understand the strengths of a nightblade are in other places as well.

How is sap a CC / Debuff?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sap. /Thread

You asked for a skill better than talons, you didn't ask for a CC / Debuff....
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sap. /Thread

You asked for a skill better than talons, you didn't ask for a CC / Debuff....

yup, you didn't read my post as it was a question to an individual about CC. You also assumed that I'm only a ganker...yet my primary flag / group push build is anything but your assumption (sap, leech, bats).

Then you did your little internet /thread/drop mic whatever thing to think you're cool.

go dragonleap a scroll.

HA, not raging, just bored on a Friday. Still think NB/Vamps are the best DPS in PvP.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)