Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ball Lightning Should Absorb ALL PROJECTILES

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    ball of lightning should disintegrate users 1/20 casts.

Au contraire, I believe Disintegrate passive should have a 60% chance not 6%
    EU | PC | AD
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can say running with my usual destro setup I find BoL sorc not easy to bring down, but managable if they decide to fight me.
    From my perspective it is a skill that allows Sorcs to run from other Sorcs just like all Sorcs can run from anything else. Both don't work always, of course, but trying to catch that BoL Sorc with my Destro Sorc without Curse, Fury etc. is like trying to kill a Streak Sorc without a gap closer.
    I don't think it needs to be buffed, really. Even though I might change to BoL in 1.6 .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Legendary Mage is a pretty good Sorc watch his video and it seems like the thing Ezareth have done isnt such a great thing that you can call him the 'best' Sorc ever...
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    I think Legendary Mage is a pretty good Sorc watch his video and it seems like the thing Ezareth have done isnt such a great thing that you can call him the 'best' Sorc ever...

I thin it's a pointless comparison that adds nothing to this thread to be honest.
    EU | PC | AD
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what am I supposed to comment on in here? Sorc vs Sorc when one has Ball of Light and other Streak, or this sorcerer from the videos in a dueling environment against top duelers and/or other sorcerers?

Its my fault bud, i got a little carried away in my BOL description. I still think your one heck of a Sorc! Hope everything across the pond is treating you well :)

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I thin it's a pointless comparison that adds nothing to this thread to be honest.

You right it doesn't, its my fault.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Off topic

Well speak of the Devil Ezareth is coming back! Soon(See his comments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtFTZYT_eE

Wow...if he stays AD this means im gonna be stuck probably running into him every now and then, and im not really looking forward to that. :( On the flipside, him coming back will bolster AD big time!

Heck of nice guy, but an insanely good Sorc.....He has been gone so long I think many have forgotten how good he actually is...im telling ya...IMO he set the bar for Sorc...the guy was a measuring stick for that class....and odds are he will be again.

im not looking forward to be killed in his vids, but i am looking forward to watching him play the Sorc class like a graceful master. Its literally like an art form watching him play that class.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn wood, its like you have a raging love for this guy, lol.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

hahaha no no! LOL!

He just influenced my playstyle a lot, plus it is always good when someone of that caliber like Ezareth comes back. Im hoping No Mercy comes back too, they used to pull off the craziest Scroll runs and stuff for DC.

The point is im hoping this new update pulls back some of the greats that left the game, it will be better for the whole community if they come back.

Besides, more competition is always a good thing.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If by love you mean a hard-on, then yes he has a raging one :P

I liked Ez too, used to speak to him via messages, very nice guy and top player.
    EU | PC | AD
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how he got his bolts to cost like nothing, it looked like he was emperor in the video for the lack of cost to his magicka.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how he got his bolts to cost like nothing, it looked like he was emperor in the video for the lack of cost to his magicka.

He would never reveal his set bonuses .... pretty sure there was a bug somewhere that let him pull this off with the set bonuses he used.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Fusilero
    Fusilero
    ✭✭
    @Woodsro Ezareth wasnt the best sorc . I personally dont like his playstyle and his videos . he just streak away all his fights and thats not a good sorc. also any sorc can beat him in a duel. i did i beat him using streak and no pots
    Fusilero
    Nexus
    PS4: XA-97
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

He would never reveal his set bonuses .... pretty sure there was a bug somewhere that let him pull this off with the set bonuses he used.

There was no bug as far as the sets go. The first video he posted was when harness magicka returned magic on any attack, so recovery and damage mitigation was very easy then.
    After testing on 1.6, that play style can be viable. This depends on how much they tweak it before release to live, of course.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think balls lasting 5 seconds is too long. It should last like 2 - 3 seconds @ most imo. It negates anything a sorc without a bow can do with ranged attacks. Plus the troll factor is real with Ball of light, lol.

Wait, so just because you feel it is unfair for sorcs without bows you want to nerf it into something totally laughable?

That's kind of the point of choosing BoL, or any class morph--you have to weigh the pros & cons. BoL is fine atm, though I do appreciate the title of this thread. Won't happen though. :-P

Oh yeah, I main a sorc who has never used a bow. Sorcs with BoL aren't a problem in my book. Why in the world would a sorc want to nerf an already reasonable sorc ability anyway? I think you should be offering suggestions on fixing bow skills, not making up sorc skill problems.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bow user here :D

No.

when I try to roll dodge away, I have to deal with a small window of vulnerability to charges/ranged weapons/gap closers.

Ball lightning users should have to suffer what I suffer as well :)

Selfishness!!!! muhahahahahahahahaaha!!!
    Edited by Cody on 30 January 2015 01:03
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but my Balls are always buggy. I can be basically hugging my Balls and spell projectiles still get through and hit me.
    Hahaha. I hate it when that happens!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fusilero wrote: »
    @Woodsro Ezareth wasnt the best sorc . I personally dont like his playstyle and his videos . he just streak away all his fights and thats not a good sorc. also any sorc can beat him in a duel. i did i beat him using streak and no pots

Posts like these are why I don't duel. I spend one day after a patch testing different things and someone who kill you starts bragging about it. The whole concept of dueling to me isn't one of competition, but of testing various strategies. Part of the problem is I feel the need to limit myself to the "dueling grounds" which limits the space I can travel and having to travel in a circle increases the damage I take. Dueling a streak sorc in a circles allows them to do damage to you with streak, which is something I never allow when actually fighting in cyrodiil.

I'll freely admit I'm not a dueler and there are many sorcs I *can't* in duels or otherwise but I'll also say there isn't a sorc in the game who can kill me when I don't want them to. Sorcs just don't have the damage capability currently when I'm running Ball of Lightning to do much.

My playstyle is comprised of a pretty obvious overall strategy and it is one that fails to meet the standards of some players as they try to force every player into the same molds they find acceptable. I'm fine with that.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the subject of Ball Lightning I'd be overjoyed if they could fix the bug where it often fails to function at all.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ezareth_ESO‌

Glad to see your coming back! Hopefully this means more videos at some point in the future.

Any chances of you rolling DC? Were outnumbered pretty much, be no lack of folks to kill that's for sure! :)

Anyways, regards and welcome back, when ya got haters your obviously doing something right!
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No chance of my rerolling, especially not until PvP ranks transfer with characters. Plus 90% of my in game friends play on AD. I welcome you to come join us though.

I played for an hour or so on Haderus last night. Had a good 4v1 until a templar started spamming eclipse on me ) =

Rusty as hell but a 10 minute fight with that templar worked out many of the kinks. I'm now certain that 80%+ of my survivability came from knowing when to roll dodge. It's going to take a bit of time to rebuild that subconscious manuever.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ezareth_ESO‌

I may just have to roll an AD sorc. Thanks for the offer.

I know you been away for a bit, but archers like to spam Lethal Arrow now I find as soon as I hear that pew pew sound to pop BOL and dodge roll forward right when you come out of it and all 3 shots will miss you.

Also Radiant Magelight is awesome in pvp now, 56% stealth damage reduction, you can see sneaky people and it prevents you from being stunned by a stealth attack such as arrow spam from stealth

I figured this would be right up your alley since I know your big on survivability, RML will make you even harder to kill, it makes getting hit with Lethal Arrow or sneak attacks as laughable damage.

Ahh I'm sure you wont be rusty for long, I home haderus on my DC toon, I may have to really think about going AD now hahaha ;)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »
    I know.
    You all are welcome to fight this Mage with your Scale-DK/BoL-Sorc.
    I can say how this will end: You die.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?

Nah, as a Sorc its not smart follow a BOL Sorc who knows what he is doing.

As for Legendary Mage, he is a good player, but I doubt he would beable to beat Ezareth if he was still playing..too bad Ezareth left the game...I modeled much of my fighting style after his, and BOL is a big part of that...i tangled with Ezareth a few times 1v1, but i never got the best him, came close a time or two, but he was ridiculously good with that Sorc. He was the best Sorc to ever play this game IMO, and he became infamous because of it. I have never seen a Sorc since play that class as well as Ezareth did....

You do realize Ezareth would wipe entire Castle Siege parties by himself single handed? Ezareth was also fighting against Top Competition such as No Mercy, etc before most of them left. No Mercy did de-throne him on Had eventually, with considerable effort and strategy on their part.
    '
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu1KLm-VR0

Watch for yourself.

Against Any Sorc who knows what he is doing BOL gives him an advantage over other casters...Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks are all absorbed by BOL, even Overload Attacks get absorbed...leaving your damage options very limited, allowing him to stay at range behind is protection balls and pretty much kill you, leaving the opposing Sorc very little options to do anything about it.

Ezareth loved fighting Streak Sorcs just for this reason.

Watch those vids, their are some big time names in those clips he is fighting...Top competition...thats how good this guy is...I soooooo hope he comes back for 1.6....even if he is AD, just watching his insane ownage is like a work of art. Ezareth is proof that BOL renders other spellcasters such as Sorcs at a considerable disadvantage.

I know giggle sometimes watching Crushing Shock users waste their mana trying to hit me and my balls just absorb it. :)

Even though Ezareth was AD, I think very highly of him, He was kind enough to give a DC like me advice on here when i was just getting started, and i modeled much of my fighting style after his while adding a bit of my own flavor. I went 81-2 with 76 KB the other night, and Ezareth's advice and videos was a very big part of the reason i was able to do that...if you watched his videos..its not about the kills its "how he got the kills" what did he do...not what skills he used, but "what did he do" Ezareth and his videos taught me the "small nuances" that very often are the difference between life and death, winning and losing...knowing when to retreat and when to fight...

Anyways....BOL sorcs only die to other Sorcs if they are not good...BOL is designed to counter other casters, and using Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks your just wasting your resources, and a good player such as Ezareth would kill for you for wasting such resources. :)

Hahaha ... NM never had any difficulty with Ezerath. He was so pitiful we ignored him. He is not a group play sorc you should strive to play like; let alone solo.

He was more worried about living than dropping a netage or staying to finish the fight. There was a reason sorcs like Prett and others stuck around and he didn't. He couldn't take the changes and gave up.

You can either be a solo sorc or group play. You can't really build for both. Maybe 1.6 will change this but only time will tell.
    Edited by Asgari on 30 January 2015 22:05
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha ... NM never had any difficulty with Ezerath. He was so pitiful we ignored him. He is not a group play sorc you should strive to play like; let alone solo.

He was more worried about living than dropping a netage or staying to finish the fight. There was a reason sorcs like Prett and others stuck around and he didn't. He couldn't take the changes and gave up.

I love that someone that has never grouped with him is commenting on his group play. I've seen him drop more than his share of negates.
    You can either be a solo sorc or group play. You can't really build for both. Maybe 1.6 will change this but only time will tell.

I disagree with this. I currently have three different armor/weapon combinations that I use depending on if I'm solo, the group size, guild I'm running with, and who we're fighting. I can easily switch to my solo gear and back. It doesn't take much to change out to a destro and spam impulse or wall of elements when needed.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's a solo sorc? My balls of light are always grouped w/ me.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stop with the sucking up and the fighting. lol.
    Edited by Cody on 30 January 2015 22:41
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I love that someone that has never grouped with him is commenting on his group play. I've seen him drop more than his share of negates.

I disagree with this. I currently have three different armor/weapon combinations that I use depending on if I'm solo, the group size, guild I'm running with, and who we're fighting. I can easily switch to my solo gear and back. It doesn't take much to change out to a destro and spam impulse or wall of elements when needed.

Like I said. You can't do it all without changing builds and skills. Some you even need to remorph to be fully effective.

Also it doesn't take much after playing the game since beta to know if a player is effective or not in group play. If you weren't so busy telling him when he needs a bath in his no no zone you'd open your eyes and see the truth.

Maybe one day you will my child. Maybe .. Just maybe..
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also it doesn't take much after playing the game since beta to know if a player is effective or not in group play. If you weren't so busy telling him when he needs a bath in his no no zone you'd open your eyes and see the truth.

Silly me. I forgot you weren't worth having an actual conversation with. Pardon me, while I bolt away from this nonsense.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Silly me. I forgot you weren't worth having an actual conversation with. Pardon me, while I bolt away from this nonsense.

You've yet to contribute anything other than how well you are at *** hygiene. Please by all means refer to me one post where you contributed something other than blowing smoke up the deserters rear end.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »
    I know.
    You all are welcome to fight this Mage with your Scale-DK/BoL-Sorc.
    I can say how this will end: You die.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?

Nah, as a Sorc its not smart follow a BOL Sorc who knows what he is doing.

As for Legendary Mage, he is a good player, but I doubt he would beable to beat Ezareth if he was still playing..too bad Ezareth left the game...I modeled much of my fighting style after his, and BOL is a big part of that...i tangled with Ezareth a few times 1v1, but i never got the best him, came close a time or two, but he was ridiculously good with that Sorc. He was the best Sorc to ever play this game IMO, and he became infamous because of it. I have never seen a Sorc since play that class as well as Ezareth did....

You do realize Ezareth would wipe entire Castle Siege parties by himself single handed? Ezareth was also fighting against Top Competition such as No Mercy, etc before most of them left. No Mercy did de-throne him on Had eventually, with considerable effort and strategy on their part.
    '
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu1KLm-VR0

Watch for yourself.

Against Any Sorc who knows what he is doing BOL gives him an advantage over other casters...Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks are all absorbed by BOL, even Overload Attacks get absorbed...leaving your damage options very limited, allowing him to stay at range behind is protection balls and pretty much kill you, leaving the opposing Sorc very little options to do anything about it.

Ezareth loved fighting Streak Sorcs just for this reason.

Watch those vids, their are some big time names in those clips he is fighting...Top competition...thats how good this guy is...I soooooo hope he comes back for 1.6....even if he is AD, just watching his insane ownage is like a work of art. Ezareth is proof that BOL renders other spellcasters such as Sorcs at a considerable disadvantage.

I know giggle sometimes watching Crushing Shock users waste their mana trying to hit me and my balls just absorb it. :)

Even though Ezareth was AD, I think very highly of him, He was kind enough to give a DC like me advice on here when i was just getting started, and i modeled much of my fighting style after his while adding a bit of my own flavor. I went 81-2 with 76 KB the other night, and Ezareth's advice and videos was a very big part of the reason i was able to do that...if you watched his videos..its not about the kills its "how he got the kills" what did he do...not what skills he used, but "what did he do" Ezareth and his videos taught me the "small nuances" that very often are the difference between life and death, winning and losing...knowing when to retreat and when to fight...

Anyways....BOL sorcs only die to other Sorcs if they are not good...BOL is designed to counter other casters, and using Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks your just wasting your resources, and a good player such as Ezareth would kill for you for wasting such resources. :)

Like ezareth, NM quit the game....sooo..

Suru