Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ball Lightning Should Absorb ALL PROJECTILES

sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
:) Inc Bow user hate in 3,2,1....
Edited by sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO on 28 January 2015 09:41
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it didn't last for 6 seconds maybe...
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Yes.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol u guys just got DK scales nerfed and now want to buff another skill even stronger ....
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs just want our balls to be on par with our awesomeness, don't be jelly.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think balls lasting 5 seconds is too long. It should last like 2 - 3 seconds @ most imo. It negates anything a sorc without a bow can do with ranged attacks. Plus the troll factor is real with Ball of light, lol.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think balls lasting 5 seconds is too long. It should last like 2 - 3 seconds @ most imo. It negates anything a sorc without a bow can do with ranged attacks. Plus the troll factor is real with Ball of light, lol.

No. It negates just one thing a sorc can do: The shard. You can kill a DK that has scales up so you would be able to kill a sorc with this morph. You don't believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYNgamnjimo

This mage kills scale-DKs with Crushing Shock and he would kill a Ball of Lightning Sorc as well.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't negate Mage's Fury, Daedric Curse and Resto Heavies. It does negate instant burst like Crystal Shards, Crushing Shock and Overload light attacks.

On current live, BoL and Streak are both great abilities. I can never settle between them, I tried both and keep going from one to the other when I respec. Which is a good thing, it shows balance between morphs.

If BoL only absorbed for 2", but you have a 4" penalty on recast then you have a useless skill. Keeping absorb up would mean you drain your magicka in 10".

Let's compare that to the DK reflect of all projectile types and its recastability. Hmmm....
    EU | PC | AD
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Lhorion wrote: »

No. It negates just one thing a sorc can do: The shard. You can kill a DK that has scales up so you would be able to kill a sorc with this morph. You don't believe me?

This mage kills scale-DKs with Crushing Shock and he would kill a Ball of Lightning Sorc as well.
    Lol.. that not a dragonknight, thats a Nightblade LOL
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol.. that not a dragonknight, thats a Nightblade LOL

Lol you didn't watch the video, lol lol lol

The DK fights start at 9.30, one fight against a 2H DK and one against a S&B DK.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to @mike.gaziotisb16_ESO so i don't have to write thie. :)

But you can ask around (some EU players or Sypher who fought against Legendary Mage, too). It is not a huge problem. And Scales return the damage. I see no problem in absorbing them as a sorc.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't negate Mage's Fury, Daedric Curse and Resto Heavies. It does negate instant burst like Crystal Shards, Crushing Shock and Overload light attacks.

On current live, BoL and Streak are both great abilities. I can never settle between them, I tried both and keep going from one to the other when I respec. Which is a good thing, it shows balance between morphs.

If BoL only absorbed for 2", but you have a 4" penalty on recast then you have a useless skill. Keeping absorb up would mean you drain your magicka in 10".

Let's compare that to the DK reflect of all projectile types and its recastability. Hmmm....

It's not ridiculous, have you ever chased teargrants around and tried to kill him lol. He is basically unkillable with anything but charges and Bows. 2 second balls will still be powerful as hell, but atleast there is a window for damage. Also take into account the time it takes for the projectile to reach the target. Max distance is let's say .5 to 1 second, then the sorc bolts away. And drops another ball. That's only a 1.5 to one second window to where the ball won't stop a projectile going off trying to maximize bolt without killing magicka. Seems fair to me, but hey let's negate all direct damage forever because it makes us feel bad ass. I'm looking for balanced fights, not fighting balls of annoying.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not ridiculous, have you ever chased teargrants around and tried to kill him lol. He is basically unkillable with anything but charges and Bows. 2 second balls will still be powerful as hell, but atleast there is a window for damage. Also take into account the time it takes for the projectile to reach the target. Max distance is let's say .5 to 1 second, then the sorc bolts away. And drops another ball. That's only a 1.5 to one second window to where the ball won't stop a projectile going off trying to maximize bolt without killing magicka. Seems fair to me, but hey let's negate all direct damage forever because it makes us feel bad ass. I'm looking for balanced fights, not fighting balls of annoying.

You're entitled to your opinion ofc, but I can't find anything to agree with on your mega-paragraph so let's leave it at that.
    EU | PC | AD
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not ridiculous, have you ever chased teargrants around and tr

You're entitled to your opinion ofc, but I can't find anything to agree with on your mega-paragraph so let's leave it at that.

tell me why you think it is fine how it is please.

edit
    lets not compare it to dk reflect. but as a sorc vs sorc fight
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 28 January 2015 15:09
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tell me why you think it is fine how it is please.

edit
    lets not compare it to dk reflect. but as a sorc vs sorc fight

Why not compare it to the DK reflect? They are abilities of similar functionality only one is infinitely better.

You say they are immune to attacks from anyone except archers and chargers. Well hello, chargers and archers are like 90% of the PvP population are you kidding me?

You say you want a 2" window of opportunity. But why? Does anyone you have a 1v1 with give you a generous 2" window of opportunity by dropping their permablock which negates 80% of projectile damage and costs trifles in stamina? No.

The same answer I gave to people who cried about Scales all this time, I give to you. Suit up for the job, every build has a counter-build and you just ran up against the counter build.

I personally use S&B reflect as a Sorc because I find it's application more useful to my style. Basically if I'm fighting a DK with Scales or a Templar with Eclipse, I can make my Frags land which gives me the damage burst I need to win the fight.

If I'm fighting a Sorc with Posture or BoL it's usually a very very long and boring fight that, unless it's a duel setting, ends by whoever gets friendly support first. I could spec 2H or Bow and wreck their flimsy butts, that's up to me to do.
    EU | PC | AD
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah to me that equals broken mechanic and causes an extreme case boredom and long bouts of f this game, time to spend my time playing other more enjoyable games where one skill doesn't let you damage someone forever.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fight between two sorcs with ball of light already lasts forever.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crushing shock is reflectable.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on 29 January 2015 10:39
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know.
    You all are welcome to fight this Mage with your Scale-DK/BoL-Sorc.
    I can say how this will end: You die.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Ring to rule them all.
    oovUGpp.png
    Make it so.
    Edited by Teargrants on 29 January 2015 12:35
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.
    You all are welcome to fight this Mage with your Scale-DK/BoL-Sorc.
    I can say how this will end: You die.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?

Nah, as a Sorc its not smart follow a BOL Sorc who knows what he is doing.

As for Legendary Mage, he is a good player, but I doubt he would beable to beat Ezareth if he was still playing..too bad Ezareth left the game...I modeled much of my fighting style after his, and BOL is a big part of that...i tangled with Ezareth a few times 1v1, but i never got the best him, came close a time or two, but he was ridiculously good with that Sorc. He was the best Sorc to ever play this game IMO, and he became infamous because of it. I have never seen a Sorc since play that class as well as Ezareth did....

You do realize Ezareth would wipe entire Castle Siege parties by himself single handed? Ezareth was also fighting against Top Competition such as No Mercy, etc before most of them left. No Mercy did de-throne him on Had eventually, with considerable effort and strategy on their part.
    '
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu1KLm-VR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtFTZYT_eE

Watch for yourself.

Against Any Sorc who knows what he is doing BOL gives him an advantage over other casters...Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks are all absorbed by BOL, even Overload Attacks get absorbed...leaving your damage options very limited, allowing him to stay at range behind is protection balls and pretty much kill you, leaving the opposing Sorc very little options to do anything about it.

Ezareth loved fighting Streak Sorcs just for this reason.

Watch those vids, their are some big time names in those clips he is fighting...Top competition...thats how good this guy is...I soooooo hope he comes back for 1.6....even if he is AD, just watching his insane ownage is like a work of art. Ezareth is proof that BOL renders other spellcasters such as Sorcs at a considerable disadvantage.

I know giggle sometimes watching Crushing Shock users waste their mana trying to hit me and my balls just absorb it. :)

Even though Ezareth was AD, I think very highly of him, He was kind enough to give a DC like me advice on here when i was just getting started, and i modeled much of my fighting style after his while adding a bit of my own flavor. I went 81-2 with 76 KB the other night, and Ezareth's advice and videos was a very big part of the reason i was able to do that...if you watched his videos..its not about the kills its "how he got the kills" what did he do...not what skills he used, but "what did he do" Ezareth and his videos taught me the "small nuances" that very often are the difference between life and death, winning and losing...knowing when to retreat and when to fight...

Anyways....BOL sorcs only die to other Sorcs if they are not good...BOL is designed to counter other casters, and using Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks your just wasting your resources, and a good player such as Ezareth would kill for you for wasting such resources. :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @woodsro‌

Times changed

Ezareth's BoL, no-destro Sorc (great though it was at the time) evolved into the S&B Reflect Sorc, which in my opinion was a much better version of a similar defence-minded/class-skills-only concept.

Ez's sorc took advantage of Cycle of Life which got removed around the time he quit. Not to mention the Sharpened fix. While that Resto-BoL build offered survivability especially against other Sorcs, it lacked the burst to bring down a tanky reflector (most DKs).

A S&B build is much better in open world PvP because it gives more burst against tanky builds (thanks to the ping-pong game), utilises the offensive potential of Streak and it also offers more armor and much better protection against archers and chargers who are now probably >90% of the PvP population.

As for an Ez vs Mage fight, sadly Ez left and Mage is in EU anyway, but would love to have seen it :)
    EU | PC | AD
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about you guys, but my Balls are always buggy. I can be basically hugging my Balls and spell projectiles still get through and hit me.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but my Balls are always buggy.

You should see a doctor about that.

EDIT: Well, I suppose I'll actually contribute to the conversation too...
    As a healer I always went with BoL because it's the defensive morph, assisting in spell litigation on myself and allies.

But in all honesty, I can't pick a side in this discussion because I have absolutely no understanding of how armor, and therefore my physical damage resistance, is going to play out in Update 1.6. As a result, although I'd agree with this change post-1.6, I want to see what the new update brings, because chances are there are going to be balancing issues a lot worse than bolt escape.
    Edited by Terminus on 29 January 2015 15:09
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak disorient going through block (all disorient effects actually) is just insane in duels. The only way I survive w/o spamming Immovable is by keeping 100% up time on Balls and shields, then just sitting there and doing nothing every time they Streak me.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak didn't go through block for me last night, maybe the fixed it or I kept missing somehow.

Edit phone spellchecker.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 29 January 2015 15:19
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mike.gaziotisb16_ESO

Agreed, but Ezareth was using Sword and Board on his off bar before he left, and he is a good enough player i would think he could adapt his build pretty quickly allowing him to to use Defensive Posture in a way to further defense making him even harder to kill then he was before the nerfs.

Regardless, his skill with using the Sorc is what made him so good, and BOL just furthered that advantage for him.

Im hoping he comes back to be honest, I have no doubt with the 1.6 changes he could make something happen on the Sorc with the way his playstyle goes.

agreed it would have been a good fight to see for sure.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    ball of lightning should disintegrate users 1/20 casts.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure BoL would be an advantage, but it does not make the sorc unkillable by other sorcs.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what am I supposed to comment on in here? Sorc vs Sorc when one has Ball of Light and other Streak, or this sorcerer from the videos in a dueling environment against top duelers and/or other sorcerers?