Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• BeardedGiant885
    BeardedGiant885
    Soul Shriven
    Can you fix the North American server? It keeps timing out. What's the issue?
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    Please talk about text chat, the fact that this is one of the most responded to/viewed issue to the eso community (and looks like as of right now one of the biggest forums here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/174351/console-text-chat-discussion ) and you guys don't say anything about it tells me you have no plan on addressing the issue. So please prove me wrong because not only the deaf community but almost the entire eso console community that is still with/ that left eso console would love to hear your input on the subject.
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭
    Zanefold wrote: »
    Please talk about text chat, the fact that this is one of the most responded to/viewed issue to the eso community (and looks like as of right now one of the biggest forums here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/174351/console-text-chat-discussion ) and you guys don't say anything about it tells me you have no plan on addressing the issue. So please prove me wrong because not only the deaf community but almost the entire eso console community that is still with/ that left eso console would love to hear your input on the subject.

this please.
  • Lleksu
    Lleksu
    ✭✭✭

Yup, communication on consoles is terrible! When the voice chat goes down (which it does from time to time) it leaves us with NO form of communication at all.

The thread linked in the above quote has been completely ignored in any official capacity for months despite poor in-game communication being an incredibly important issue for what is supposed to be an MMORPG!

Please please please talk about this - what are your plans to improve player communication (if you even have any at all)? Are you even aware that it IS an issue.

Right now you seem completely oblivious which is scary.

Edited by Lleksu on 27 July 2015 14:54
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking of adding alternative questing/levelling regions so that players won't have to follow the same set of regions over and over again while levelling alts?

What do you think of new skill lines for necromancy (unlockable via questing)? What about druidism?

Will Forward Camps (or a variation of, such as siege camps when all keep resources are controlled) ever return?

Will you bring back roleplay and community into the console game with text chat?

Thanks,
    Bleaky
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭

this please.

^Definitely this^
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    We need a discussion on text chat, or lack thereof on the console version of the game. This being an MMO, it's ridiculous to not include this as a basic facet of the game. Many console games have included this (see DCUO which uses both text and voice as well as FFXIV) and have benefited greatly in the endgame expansion process.

Most of the community is heavily worried at the strength and longevity of the game after vet and endgame levels.

.... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Kleptobrainiac
    Kleptobrainiac
    ✭✭✭
    Question: What do you guys think about the console feedback given that asks for things like damage numbers, flying mounts,, text chat, more action bars, etc? You know, the feedback that basically asks to have this game turned into a genre clone.

Should players expect this game to lose it's identity and slowly change into every other mmo?

Thanks.
    Edited by Kleptobrainiac on 27 July 2015 21:28
    The artist formerly known as StaticWax.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to add full text chat to the console version? If not, can you please make an official statement to that end, so that those of us actively advocating for it can move onto other areas we'd like to see improved.

Are you going to add functionality to the in-game mail system (such as a reply option)?
    Edited by bareheiny on 27 July 2015 21:28
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple more things...

Will we get a full skill point / atributes reset with IC?

After watching Quakecon, the lack of saying anything about the next phase of the Justice System was VERY APPARENT. Any ETA on that?

I heard lots of words from the panel at Quakecon... but nothing about stuff from a year ago.. soo.. should we put any plans for spellcrafting in the trash can?

Is Jewelcrafting, promised since Beta, dead also?

Will stacking in the Guild Bank ever be fixed, since like BETA?

Oh.. yeah.. and a couple questions for AvA. With the new stones being for armor.. and siege not being used inside IC, should we just blow all our AP on boxes? I mean.. we cant get VR15/16 from boxes, so no point in earning any AP outside.. Which brings up, do we earn AP inside IC? So, what good is it?

Will Nirnhoned ever come from rewards from the worthy? How about the other new trait, Prismatic?

<Edit of edits> BTW, you guys should know I read my questions to my guild last night. They said I am probably putting the devs into the support group created by devs I have pestered from Lotro, SWToR, Ark, Archage, GW2 and other games I played. Apparently, they meet weekly somewhere.
    Edited by Darlgon on 28 July 2015 17:06
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • KnifeBoss
    KnifeBoss
    Soul Shriven
    Is Xbox or PC better?
  • slinkybinxb14a_ESO
    There is one thing I'd like to see in the future of this game. All werewolf spawns and bloodfiends spawn not be killable.
    There are some npc's that cannot be killed and I think the same should be with spawns. Too many people are killing them. Everyone should have the opportunity to become a werewolf or vampire if they wish.
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    Question: What do you guys think about the console feedback given that asks for things like damage numbers, flying mounts,, text chat, more action bars, etc? You know, the feedback that basically asks to have this game turned into a genre clone.

Should players expect this game to lose it's identity and slowly change into every other mmo?

Thanks.
    You seem to not grasp the concept of an MMO too well this isnt CoD or Battlefield. Proximity VOIP chat just realistically doesn't work for an MMO just look at the pc version sometimes theres no one in your general area and you need help you can ask zone chat and 10 people come to your aid. Now try that with the console version it wont work, you're basically stuck and if you need help with no one close to you you're SOoL, and even if ESO had flying mounts and damage numbers it still wouldn't be a genre clone. Your class does not define your role you can equip whatever you want and fill whatever role you want not alot of games can boast that. As for the more action bars I doubt it since the action bars are tied to what weapon set you're currently using that would mean you would be carrying more weapons which means less inventory space.
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    So this is basically a long winded question...

If this game is marketed as an MMO which is a social game by default then why the decision to take away the most social aspect of it for console? That being the chat box. This isn't an FPS game nor is it a regular type of console release. This is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game which means text chat is a necessity. Final Fantasy XIV and DCUO both have text chatting DCUO also has VOIP (yes even for the console) these are both MMOs they understand that not everyone has a headset not everyone has good hearing. Is it really fair to those who are deaf or cant hear very well to be essentially ousted from the game on console?

Also quick chat aside (which as I understand it only works if you're looking at the person). Will you be fixing this bad decision or at least answer your community about the text chatting issues?
  • thekingfruit
    thekingfruit
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

A genre clone? haha. It's already taken various things from other MMO's and you enjoy that?
    So we can at least make it a proper MMO....
    Lose its identity?!.... Sir you know its out on PC right WITH text chat....

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on 29 July 2015 00:19
  • CossackHD
    CossackHD
    ✭✭
    The ESO OST sounds good as it is, but variety is a big problem.

Is it possible to add custom MP3 music player into the game?
    Add a media folder, inside there, make folders "exploration" and "fight" - self explanatory. Users can then place their own music files inside these folders. I see no way this can be misused to gain unfair advantage or whatever. Please consider adding this feature.

If you can't add MP3 support I won't care - WAV or OGG is fine too.

And yes, using a system background music player is not so nice because:
    1. Music doesn't switch to "combat theme" when you fight.
    2. Music overlaps with musician NPCs' music.

TL;DR pls add custom music player into the game.

P.S.: Playing ESO with Oblivion OST makes ESO a lot more atmospheric.
    Edited by CossackHD on 28 July 2015 08:57
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    Will we have a chance for getting higher versions than V10 for rare Dolmen Drops like the lich set or several special skin items? With IC bringing Vet Rank 16 it would be great if for example Cyrodiil Dolmen rare drops would scale with character Level (now those are only Level 50).
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • karpman48
    karpman48
    Some word on Console text chat please, Cant help but feel your being very ignorant.

Monkey
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    KnifeBoss wrote: »
    Is Xbox or PC better?

PC is better unfortunately, do NOT think of going to console, save yourself! lol
  • theforgottenking1779
    Are you going to add text chat to console and is there going to be a werewolf polymorph in the crownstore
  • theforgottenking1779
    Is Xbox or PC better?

PC is better unfortunately, do NOT think of going to console, save yourself! lol

Maybe right now but fast foward a year or so in the future and i suspect eso on console with be just as good and probably have just about everything pc has to offer just minus the pts
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    Is Xbox or PC better?

Maybe right now but fast foward a year or so in the future and i suspect eso on console with be just as good and probably have just about everything pc has to offer just minus the pts

If they don't add text chat soon I have a feeling it wont last for another year, or at least see the significant growth it hopes to achieve in that time.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS

Do you have any good news regarding text chat on consoles? This feature would really polish off the console version.

Would appreciate some feedback, or news on this matter. Thanks xoxo
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CossackHD wrote: »
    The ESO OST sounds good as it is, but variety is a big problem.

Is it possible to add custom MP3 music player into the game?
    Add a media folder, inside there, make folders "exploration" and "fight" - self explanatory. Users can then place their own music files inside these folders. I see no way this can be misused to gain unfair advantage or whatever. Please consider adding this feature.

If you can't add MP3 support I won't care - WAV or OGG is fine too.

And yes, using a system background music player is not so nice because:
    1. Music doesn't switch to "combat theme" when you fight.
    2. Music overlaps with musician NPCs' music.

TL;DR pls add custom music player into the game.

P.S.: Playing ESO with Oblivion OST makes ESO a lot more atmospheric.

Agreed totally. Was mass murdering goats for bait the other night and it went so much more interestingly with the battle music from Witcher 3 playing on my PC. Now if you could also add exploding kill finishers for the goats I'd do nothing but kill goats and fish all day every day.

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Quagmire4german4
    Quagmire4german4
    ✭✭✭
    When becomes the Consoles a Textchat?
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we get a companion app for ESO? Specifically for consoles.

I would love an app to handle text chat and maybe map or inventory management!

Great job so far.

I am loving this game.
  • Leannaaa
    Leannaaa
    Soul Shriven
    do you have to be a mage to use mage guild abilities or can you be a wood elf equip a staff and use them powers?
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    when will console get Text Chat?
  • Mapex
    Mapex
    Soul Shriven
    Leannaaa wrote: »
    do you have to be a mage to use mage guild abilities or can you be a wood elf equip a staff and use them powers?

You only have to find lore books in order to level the skill. From there all you need is magicka to cast them once they're slotted.
This discussion has been closed.