Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

In RIFTEN the CHEF was actually a GROCER - and now he's a CHEF so where's the GROCER??

Islyn
Islyn
✭✭✭✭✭
OK where did you put the grocer in Riften. The chef had grocer stock before and now has (useless) chef stock; so where did you put the grocer in Riften?

Thanks!
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Columbo-007.jpg
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    It was Col. Mustard in the Kitchen with the Knife...
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Or anyone who knows?
    Edited by Islyn on 28 June 2014 22:07
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    He graduated, Gordon Ramsey Gave him his ##$^$&((^ ^&)*&&^%( %^$&^$4 degree
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the same question
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually I have another question: does anyone ever buy anything from a chef?

Because if no-one is buying stuff from them, maybe, just maybe we can convince them to turn the useless chefs into useful Grocers.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see any reason why. Food is lootable all over the game. Even the "low quality" food is only a few points down from the "good quality" food. Crab Meat Stew is 282 for the bad stuff, 288 for the good stuff. That 6 points is not going to have an affect on the outcome of a battle. Sure, the Chefs should exist for game flavor, but they should sell both foods and ingredients. Same with Brewers, drinks and ingredients.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chefs should sell recipes! :D
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I can't see any reason why. Food is lootable all over the game. Even the "low quality" food is only a few points down from the "good quality" food. Crab Meat Stew is 282 for the bad stuff, 288 for the good stuff. That 6 points is not going to have an affect on the outcome of a battle. Sure, the Chefs should exist for game flavor, but they should sell both foods and ingredients. Same with Brewers, drinks and ingredients.
    The main benefit of self made food is the 2 and 3 effect ones.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭

Grocers sell items you can not loot and don't drop anywhere. Well, until provisioning writs came out.

See chart on Secondary Ingredients, V5 items.
    http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-ingredients/
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    The Chefs should sell recipes! :D

I disagree, Chef's cook, they should sell better (Green) foods and in higher level areas blue foods, not just the crap found in containers.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was always a chef not a grocer. At least in the VR version of the zone. I know this because I have often wondered why there wasn't a grocer in Riften when everything else is there.
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed - Make it so!
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭

Because if no-one is buying stuff from them, maybe, just maybe we can convince them to turn the useless chefs into useful Grocers.

Personally i think the chefs should stay chefs just because it adds some atmosphere to the game.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brandon wrote: »

Personally i think the chefs should stay chefs just because it adds some atmosphere to the game.

Atmosphere I could understand, but they just stand there waiting for you to buy/sell. Now if they were shouting things like "Try my Haggis", or "be more passionate in your cooking" I could agree. But they don't, so no adding to atmosphere, and they don't serve a usefull function as a vendor either.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly there is no good reason why there isn't both a chef and a grocer in each village. Grocers are ridiculously hard to find in this game.

• Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I need a horse mechanic!
  • lpool96
    lpool96
    ✭✭✭

Yes! and bring some tomato's as well in the list of buyable items.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

Honestly there is no good reason why there isn't both a chef and a grocer in each village. Grocers are ridiculously hard to find in this game.
    That i agree with completely. There really isn't a good reason for it, but i don't think changing the chef to a grocer is the solution. The simple solution is to just add a grocer to each village.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭

Atmosphere I could understand, but they just stand there waiting for you to buy/sell. Now if they were shouting things like "Try my Haggis", or "be more passionate in your cooking" I could agree. But they don't, so no adding to atmosphere, and they don't serve a usefull function as a vendor either.

Not every npc needs to be doing something to add to the game. The real solution is to add grocers to each village, not changing the chefs into them.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the chalice with the palace is the brew that is true, but in the vessel with the pestle is the pellet with the poison, and in the flagon with the dragon is the ale that is stale!
  • SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_msgp4cqwUB1rnw370o3_r1_250.gif

But he still looks like a grocer.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something similar seemed to happen in Grahtwood at the tree.

There used to be a grocer and chef by the shrine, but they both sold chef items. I reported it as a bug a couple times over the last few months and the fix seemed to be, instead of making one of them sell Grocer items, they changed both the titles to chef now. So there are two chef's right beside each other selling the same stuff :neutral_face:
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Something similar seemed to happen in Grahtwood at the tree.

There used to be a grocer and chef by the shrine, but they both sold chef items. I reported it as a bug a couple times over the last few months and the fix seemed to be, instead of making one of them sell Grocer items, they changed both the titles to chef now. So there are two chef's right beside each other selling the same stuff :neutral_face:

Good god, didn't they think that maybe one chef is enough, and look no grocer!!!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule