Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please don't go the way of Age of Conan

• Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    he he he said no boobs
  • Diadh
    Diadh
    Soul Shriven
    The Secret World was and is a pretty good game. I never reinstalled the client after a PC crash, but if it weren't for some recent additions to the game, I'd still be playing. That was a perfect F2P model in my opinion.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    dastone wrote: »
    AOC was is a great game and it's launch was not even bad.
    It was weird Funcom actively broke stuff after immediately after launch. And they actively tried to force grouping for a lot of the content while all aspects of grouping were thoroughly broken.

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendarya wrote: »
    Azzuria wrote: »
    Funcom is exactly why europe doesnt have ANY good mmos coming from there. Will funcom finally go under please!

Three Words: The. Secret. World.

Awesome game.

I kinda feel sorry for ZOS. They're caught between the whiners who rushed to VR 10 in 3 days and are on the forums wenching about lack of end-game and people who just want the damned game fixed already.

Game is actually crappy too, I know I own the lifetime to it, I just log in every few months to not lose the free points.
    That is your opinion. I happen to think TSW is one of the most fun, creative, interesting (and bug free) MMO's I've played in about a decade. It only lacked meaningful crafting, but had the best storyline and immersion in any game in a long, long time.

I'd still be playing it, but it suffered the same problem as most MMO's, endgame content is either PvP or Endlessly aiding the same stuff over and over. I still buy the issues and mission packs and play those though, because they are AMAZING. The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn and A Dream to Kill were my favorites, but all of them have been incredibly good. And they keep me coming back.

Anyway. Back to the OP. This game doesn't have nearly the amount of issues that AoC had. That game was barely playable, though also interesting and fun for what you could play. ESO has a normal amount of bugs, imo, for a game this early. Not being able to log in is pretty big deal, but I'm not sure how many people that is affecting. I've even played games with that issue (Including WoW in the first couple of months!!), and most recovered and went on.

I agree, AoC had way more bugs.

My biggest point was, don't do the one-step-forward, two-steps-backwards thing Funcom did with AoC.

Every patch that is released should make the game more playable and solve issues. Not introduce 2x as many issues as it gets rid of...

One or two bad patches is acceptable (although people locked out of game might disagree right now). I just don't want to see the trend continue and ruin the game, because people WILL unsub if it does...
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the WoW TARDs just bashed it it became a fad to bash it cause it was threating their little kid cartoon game.

It was the best selling game of 2008 and one of the best mmo ever
    Actually the similarities with AOC don't bode well.

In AOC, people loved the game, till they left Tortage. Then they quit in their droves.

In ESO, people love this game, till they hit VR, then they appear to be leaving in their droves.

The best test you can do is pull up your guild roster and see just how many people are VR1 or 2 and have not been seen in a while. In my guild most don't make it past VR2.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Indarqeen wrote: »
    the longest journey epic sci fi <<<< Funcom

And I loved Dream fall also, was a big Adventure games player from Level 9 text adventures to Lucas arts and beyond. Those game were really hard, not interweb then to find out how to progress :)

Level 9!!! Wow a blast from the past. Thanks man!
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://youtu.be/FE832M_0jgM&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

All the WoW TARDs just bashed it it became a fad to bash it cause it was threating their little kid cartoon game.

It was the best selling game of 2008 and one of the best mmo ever
    Actually the similarities with AOC don't bode well.

In AOC, people loved the game, till they left Tortage. Then they quit in their droves.

In ESO, people love this game, till they hit VR, then they appear to be leaving in their droves.

The best test you can do is pull up your guild roster and see just how many people are VR1 or 2 and have not been seen in a while. In my guild most don't make it past VR2.

Tortage was fun until you got off the boat and people ran at you and wanted to cut your head off.

ESO is fun until you hit vet1 and you want to cut your own head off.

Uncanny similarities.