Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please don't go the way of Age of Conan

Bouvin
Bouvin
✭✭✭✭✭
Age of Conan was a really fun game, but it was riddled with bugs.

Due to how fun the game was, many tried to stick it out. However, Funcom kept releasing patch after patch that would cause more game breaking bugs than they fixed.

They also did some really dumb band-aid fixes, like adding invisible walls because people were running up steep hills instead of taking the intended path..when what they really should have fixed was the core issue...

After a couple of months the very active forum community devolved into nothing but "I quit" and "This game sucks" threads, with constant flame wars and very few constructive threads.

After a couple of more months the game was dead.

ESO is fun. Please don't ruin it like Funcom ruined AoC.

TEST YOUR PATCHES AND UPDATES THOROUGHLY BEFORE RELEASING THEM.

The past two patches have seen:
  • "Unintended" increase in difficulty in VR mobs (seriously, how did testing not weed this out?)
  • Memory leak causing total computer lockup and game crashes (seriously, how did testing not weed this out?)
  • 301 error for many on login preventing them from getting in game
  • Unknown errors for some when trying to port to VR zones
  • Escape key quits working after playing for a few minutes (seriously, how did testing not weed this out)

These are just a few of the glaring and game-breaking issues from the last two patches. All issues that should have been caught on the test server within a couple of days.

So please. STOP RUSHING PATCHES. It is just making things worse.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is best in life, ESO?

To crush your bugs-- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the bots!
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of this will be forgiven if ESO adds fatalities.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funcom is exactly why europe doesnt have ANY good mmos coming from there. Will funcom finally go under please!
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funcom is exactly why europe doesnt have ANY good mmos coming from there. Will funcom finally go under please!

Three Words: The. Secret. World.

Awesome game.

I kinda feel sorry for ZOS. They're caught between the whiners who rushed to VR 10 in 3 days and are on the forums wenching about lack of end-game and people who just want the damned game fixed already.

Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azzuria wrote: »

Awesome game.

I kinda feel sorry for ZOS. They're caught between the whiners who rushed to VR 10 in 3 days and are on the forums wenching about lack of end-game and people who just want the damned game fixed already.

Game is actually crappy too, I know I own the lifetime to it, I just log in every few months to not lose the free points.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of this will be forgiven if ESO adds fatalities.
    Yes, if there was anything to lift from AoC it would be the fatalities. AoC had very good animation generally.

[edit : the melee mechanics where quite good as well]
    Edited by zhevon on 28 May 2014 19:33
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    Funcom is a good Company, AO was build with scifi love lots of bugs "yes" but pure love and the music was epic, and at that time you needed a credit Card that ment NO MINORS, ONLY ADULTS :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxRxTAkjMeU

• Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    I would give OP a double like if i could..
    The inexperience of the developers and the rushing with patches is right now the core reason the game is failing (i said failing, not failed)
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hearts wrote: »
    The inexperience of the developers and the rushing with patches is right now the core reason the game is failing (i said failing, not failed)

Either would be hyperbole, so what's the difference?

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    "Unintended" increase in difficulty in VR mobs (seriously, how did testing not weed this out?)
    It wasn't tested. The PTR went full-out Craglorn. The devs had assumed that when the person tasked with adjusting the VP of the mobs did their job, they wouldn't accidentally change anything else. Oops.
    Memory leak causing total computer lockup and game crashes (seriously, how did testing not weed this out?)
    You play in short batches, log out, submit report, log back in. The memory leak only became a noticeable issue over time... which you wouldn't see in a two hour gameplay...
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭

Anarchy Online was fun (bug ridden, but still fun), and The Secret World is fantastic.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    failing<<savable failed<<beyond reach :neutral_face:
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hearts wrote: »

The difference is Failed is in the past and failing is now.
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭

Awesome game.

You're completely wrong in your last paragraph.

Upping the VR levels is bad game design, as most people hate it.

We have people duoing or soloing bosses meant for four people that has nothing to do with rushing to max level.

We have people duoing the first Craglorn Trials bosses. Content meant for 12 is being done by two.

25% of your playerbase is playing a broken class at the moment. And they push back Nightblade fixes another 6 weeks.

There are fundamental problems with the game that have nothing to do with people complaining about end game content. These fundamental problems exist because of improper testing and bug fixing and bad game design decisions.
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭

Awesome game.

Game is actually crappy too, I know I own the lifetime to it, I just log in every few months to not lose the free points.
    That is your opinion. I happen to think TSW is one of the most fun, creative, interesting (and bug free) MMO's I've played in about a decade. It only lacked meaningful crafting, but had the best storyline and immersion in any game in a long, long time.

I'd still be playing it, but it suffered the same problem as most MMO's, endgame content is either PvP or Endlessly aiding the same stuff over and over. I still buy the issues and mission packs and play those though, because they are AMAZING. The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn and A Dream to Kill were my favorites, but all of them have been incredibly good. And they keep me coming back.

Anyway. Back to the OP. This game doesn't have nearly the amount of issues that AoC had. That game was barely playable, though also interesting and fun for what you could play. ESO has a normal amount of bugs, imo, for a game this early. Not being able to log in is pretty big deal, but I'm not sure how many people that is affecting. I've even played games with that issue (Including WoW in the first couple of months!!), and most recovered and went on.

Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭

The Secret World is a fantastic mmo from Funcom. They even do the free to play aspect correctly. I still play it regularly because there's nothing out there that even compares.

The people who think it's crappy aren't able to appreciate the unique aspects of the investigation missions, ability to play exactly how you want to with no limitations and real world lore. People think they don't want another wow clone then complain when the game isn't enough like wow.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    the skill system in AO was fun
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »

But since both are unsubstantiated hyperbole, unless you're privy to some actual piece of information I'm not aware of (other than "I don't like something", "some of my guildies quit" or "youtube review") then it makes no difference at all which is used.

• Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    the longest journey epic sci fi <<<< Funcom
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    Played AOC , I actually enjoyed their guild cities . The only thing I don't like about that game is doing combos which makes my fingers sore .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raeder wrote: »

Awesome game.

You're completely wrong in your last paragraph.

Upping the VR levels is bad game design, as most people hate it.

We have people duoing or soloing bosses meant for four people that has nothing to do with rushing to max level.

We have people duoing the first Craglorn Trials bosses. Content meant for 12 is being done by two.

25% of your playerbase is playing a broken class at the moment. And they push back Nightblade fixes another 6 weeks.

There are fundamental problems with the game that have nothing to do with people complaining about end game content. These fundamental problems exist because of improper testing and bug fixing and bad game design decisions.

We even got DKs soloing 12 man content in Craglorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AihITyYqQ
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    I want my Bash back he he
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »

But since both are unsubstantiated hyperbole, unless you're privy to some actual piece of information I'm not aware of (other than "I don't like something", "some of my guildies quit" or "youtube review") then it makes no difference at all which is used.

Im not sure why it makes a huge difference for me and not for you, but I believe I understand the poster very well. I guess I am privy to that information and you are not, even though he/she didnt present me any more information than he did to you.

Im not sure I agree with the poster, but still I get the meaning.
    Edited by Phantorang on 28 May 2014 20:18
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indarqeen wrote: »
    the longest journey epic sci fi <<<< Funcom

And I loved Dream fall also, was a big Adventure games player from Level 9 text adventures to Lucas arts and beyond. Those game were really hard, not interweb then to find out how to progress :)
    Edited by Loxy37 on 28 May 2014 20:17
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome game.

I wish the beta forums still existed. About two weeks before launch, people who played the pts actually complained about ZOS potentially nerfing mob grinding as the fast track to max level. ZOS apparently caved.

Result? VR10s in less than two weeks. Don't blame the first exploiters for taking advantage of ZOS devs design decisions.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    To late for ESO.
    The exodus has already begun.
    And, word is now out that EOS *IS* another AoC.
  • dastone
    dastone
    ✭✭
    AOC was is a great game and it's launch was not even bad.

All the WoW TARDs just bashed it it became a fad to bash it cause it was threating their little kid cartoon game.

It was the best selling game of 2008 and one of the best mmo ever
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »
    To late for ESO.
    The exodus has already begun.
    And, word is now out that EOS *IS* another AoC.

Wow. Some of those words have letters with sharp points. Did pulling them out of your butt hurt?
    Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on 30 May 2014 15:27

• frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome game.

You wont find any better dungeons or raid then TSW. Wish it was more popular. Still got my lifetime and check it out every so often.
    Edited by frwinters_ESO on 28 May 2014 20:49
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    ESO cant be AoC. No boobs, no comparison.

End of story