Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question. Weapon swap buffs and toggles

Heraclea
Heraclea
✭✭✭
I doubt I'm the only player out there who finds they have more active abilities they want to keep handy than they have slots. Since I've abandoned 1h/shield for the time being, I'm concentrating on 2h skill lines and abilities, trying to level them up.

I've moved most of the self buffs to the second bar. I'm also trying to level up Draconic Power; the other two class sets are maxed, but the only DP ability I have on my main toolbar is Green Dragon Blood.

So, to save space, I moved buffs and similar abilities to the second toolbar; the idea was to swap toolbars when those abilities were needed. I noticed that when I tried to toggle Sea of Flames on the second toolbar, it disappears when swapped back.

Am I also losing the actual buffs from stuff like Obsidian Shield, Molten Weapons, and Momentum by casting them from the second bar and then swapping back to where my regular attacks are?

(FWIW, I've learned that weapon swapping is not reliable enough to keep your self heal on the second bar.)

Edit: And one more, related question. How do abilities on your second bar count towards levelling up those skills?
Edited by Heraclea on 28 May 2014 16:28
Hircine loves me, this I know,
Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero