Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it not allowed to enjoy ESO?

• Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not very clever Blackwidow.
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    jdoe wrote: »
    • Outside of very minor inconveniences (having to log out / log in a few times during first few week or two because of missing quest prompts) I have had almost no issues.
    • I have experienced no log in issues.
    • I have experienced no lag issues.
    • I play on the NA server for the AD faction.
    • I like that rare motifs are rare, I wish that more stuff was.
    • I like that I get to play all factions quests during the VR leveling, given I paid for it.
    • I like that it takes a really long time to level in VR, as I felt it pointless to use my crafting skills in levels < 50.
    • I play more on the PVE side than PVP, and have no problem at all if PVP oriented folks choose to grind their way up to VR12 instead of quest.
    • I like that Armour less than 50 doesn't look as good as VR armor.
    • I like that there is no global auction house, as it has made me interact with other players more, and provides a small buffer to the overall economy.
    • Outside of my brief periods in coldharbor, I have seen relatively few bots since being in the really low level zones.
    • In the VR zones, I never see bots camping resources/bosses.
    • I have no trouble, at all, finding resource nodes. I have most of my crafting skills at 50.
    • I did experience the memory leak, however it did not severely interrupt my playing other than needed to relog once every few hours.
    • I did experience about half a day of getting one-shotted in VR zones. I'm glad difficulty was returned, but honestly my skill level went up more that half day the entire period up until that point.
    • I receive maybe a gold spam mail message once a day, and outside of that, I would likely have little reason to know they exist.

As a result of the above, I love the game, and am very happy I subbed for 6 months. I understand if the above hasn't been your experience, your views may differ; but likewise my views don't make me a cultish fanboy.

^^This
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not very clever Blackwidow.

No, just honest.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think its a crime to like the game , everyone enjoys different activities in an online game and if you are having fun with the things that you are doing and are having no technical issues then awesome , enjoy the game.

Unfortunately , that experience differs for everyone and some of the issues with game mechanics and bugs are things that some players find very annoying and something that they can't get over. Like someone above said , it is more likely to see angry posts than positive posts because if people are enjoying the game they don't take as much time to peruse the forums.

Personally , i really really want to enjoy the game , but there are some things that frustrate the hell out of me.

Some of the things that frustrate me is the delays i am getting in Cyrodiil when i go and try to do pvp , skill delays that are anywhere between 1-4 seconds long , or if i press a button and sometimes the skill doesn't go off at all , but i am stuck in the animation. This thing happens in Cyrodiil more than the rest of the world , but it gets very annoying when i die , not because i wasn't paying attention to what i was doing but because the damn skill did not go off , and it prevented me from doing anything else as well.

Another thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way is the fact that i think the dev team is inexperienced and doesn't do a proper job of fixing the stuff they said they would fix and add even more bugs with the patches they apply. An example of this is the vampire skill line passives , the 1.1.2 path notes say that they should be fixed , they aren't , if you die the effects disappear , same with the feeding stages , if you die it resets to stage 1 cost. Another example is the weird templar CD that they applied either knowingly ( but without adding the info in the patch notes ) or unknowingly , which is even more terrible IMHO , they said they fixed this , but i don't play a templar so i don't know.

You mentioned that if you aren't agreeing with some fixes or modifications that Zenimax does , the forum people are jump on you like angry coyotes and that you base your statement on your in game experience and i think that the guys who disagree with you do the same , its just that a lot of people here, had extremely high hopes for the game and for some of the player base , the game was a disappointment , like i said above , there are things that were done wrong and the people's frustration grew bigger and bigger when the fixes did not come out fast enough , so players are dumping their frustration on the forums.

As a last note , the above examples are just a few things that bother me ( this post would be even longer if i were to list everything :P ) and personally i will take some time off from the game because of them in the hopes that after 1-2 major patches will improve the experience and hopefully by the time i get back they will have moved the EU server in EU , but my gripe with the game is not something that everyone is experiencing and if you enjoy the game and are able to be patient enough and take in everything that the game has to offer without letting the bad stuff affect you , then i can honestly say , i am happy for you and i hope you continue to play and enjoy the content.

• Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya. I love me some ESO, and for all the complaining about the Templar nerfs, I'm using Biting Jabs exactly as I have since I chose the spec and there's virtually no difference. It's my main DPS attack (along with a fighter's guild skill, and a shield slam attack). I have noticed no difference whatsoever even with the resource increase to it. Or whatever happened. I'm a little confused at this point what actually was done to the Templar, because again, I can't see a difference.

ANYWAY love me some ESO. Yeah. Long time.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    Here's the deal: people with problems frequently act as if everyone else is experiencing precisely the same thing. We are not. In any large game like this there will *always* be people with technical issues - given different hardware; addons; computers; ISPs. In a game with a million players you can have a thousand with a problem who can swamp the forums and make it look as if everything is a disaster. And for 999/1000 (in that case) this will be an incorrect assessment of the issues.

But, by the same token, people without problems act as if there aren't any. There are people that argue that there is not a single problem in the game. Then they jump into threads and attack people that claim that their are. People that are dealing with problems are already frustrated and people claiming that there are no problems just adds fuel to the fire.

There are people on both sides that are at fault. If people are having issues, and you are not, be happy in that fact, and move on. There is no reason for people to post not constructive comments about how there aren't problems.
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    I have no issue saying I am still having fun in this game and acknowledge that there are issues or things I really do not like.