Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

At which stamina level do my horse get armor?

Snowstrider
Snowstrider
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,Just wondering,Which stamina level do my horse need to have to get armor?
Mine got 32 speed 24 stamina and carrying 1.
  • Psychoke
    Psychoke
    ✭✭
    it can only get 1 of the things as in the speed straps / stamina armor / carrying bags

so i assume it has speed straps now which means it will not get armor

also if you didnt have the speed thing it would've gotten it after feeding it 20 times the stamina thing
    "imagine a world without elder scrolls customer support, i can't either"
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks,I thought you could have 2 or more of those stuff.
    But what happens if my stamina is above my speed? will i still have the straps? or get armor? You should be able to cuztomise horses more,Since there are no other mounts the one we got should at least be more cuztomisable
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the point of the stable system is to have different horses for different things
  • Crisscross
    Crisscross
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can have 2 cosmetic upgrades.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/imperial-horse.jpg

Promo pic of a horse with both speed straps and stamina helmet.

Your horse doesn't get armor for stamina, just a metal helmet/mask thing.

You get straps for speed at 35%, helmet for stamina at 30, and bags for carrying capacity at 20. That's for the default horse. If you're using one of the expensive horses,just add ten to the bonus stat it has.
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Crisscross wrote: »
    No, you can have 2 cosmetic upgrades.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/imperial-horse.jpg

Promo pic of a horse with both speed straps and stamina helmet.

Your horse doesn't get armor for stamina, just a metal helmet/mask thing.

You get straps for speed at 35%, helmet for stamina at 30, and bags for carrying capacity at 20. That's for the default horse. If you're using one of the expensive horses,just add ten to the bonus stat it has.

Nah, you still need to add 20 points to get the upgrade even with the expensive horses. The cosmetics are based on how many points you add, not what the total is.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So is it confirmed you can have both speed strap and helmet then?
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you can. The visual upgrades are based on points invested in a stat. I believe they have to be 20. For example, my gaited horse started with 20 stamina and I got the head armour upgrade at 40.
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    oh cool, good to know. I will have to start putting some points in stamina then, as I already have the speed straps.

Can you not A ) get all 3 visual upgrades and B ) combine bags with either of the other two?

Because if not that would seem a little to me.
    Edited by Haxer on 27 May 2014 19:00
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    You can't get all three as long as horses are max level 50.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer :) I still wish we had more cuztomisation in this game overall,But well, I am happy now when i know theres more then just one visual change with the horses.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JosephChip wrote: »

Yes, you can. The visual upgrades are based on points invested in a stat. I believe they have to be 20. For example, my gaited horse started with 20 stamina and I got the head armour upgrade at 40.

Cool. I should have a helmet to go with my speed straps soon then :)