Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Forum PMs conveniently shut down still ?

Phantax
Phantax
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anybody else think it was highly convenient that the forum PM service was shut down just prior to Craglorn?
Yes I know they said it was to do with the gold selling/spam happening in forum mail. Far be it for me to wear the 'conspiracy hat' but just think how many PMs the devs/moderators would have got after the release of 1.1.2 ???
(and its weird how its still down, even now)

:/
High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno , dont think the mods would care that much , they already get tons of notifications since people keep calling them in threads with @.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on 27 May 2014 17:40
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Eh. I think it's more likely that it's still down because they've realized they don't actually have an effective way to keep the spammers from abusing it. Which, in its own way, is nearly as depressing as the conspiracy theory.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno , dont think the mods would care that much , they already get tons of notifications since people keep calling them in threads with @.

Hmm.. yeah you have a point (takes off tin-foil hat)....lol
    Edited by Phantax on 27 May 2014 17:54
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... This thread needs rounding off with someone drawing a connection between 9/11 and the White Gold Tower.
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    This assumes they care and aren't already well versed in ignoring things...
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, all. We have stated that private messages are temporarily disabled so that we can address reports of gold spam being sent to players via PMs. In no way is this convenient to our team, or to players, and we do apologize for the downtime. However, threads discussing conspiracy theories are against our forum Code of Conduct, and are not constructive, therefore we have closed this thread.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 27 May 2014 18:59
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.