Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

It feels like I spend more time reporting bots.

zinoviy22b14_ESO
zinoviy22b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Then playing the game.. ZoS I'm starting to really believe in the "this was a cash grab" crowd.

Let's put the bot problem in a different light. I'm a dog trainer. I have multiple students at once with their pets.

When people try to disrupt my classes, I find ways relatively fast to remedy the situation because these people are paying me for their time.

They paid me to train them and their dogs on a very set schedule. If I can't adhere to my promise I have to start giving money back.

I know what everyone is going to say "What da fudge you're comparing dog training to an mmo" But its the principle to your customers as it is my students.

I can't allow an outside distraction into my classes as you shouldn't allow these roaches to roam around the game disturbing players.
  • beefers96
    beefers96
    In the defense of bots, however, I was going through a particularly difficult quest two days ago. Just managed to finish it and turn it in when a rollback hit and knocked me back to having to do the dang thing all over again. At that moment, like the Army of the Dead at Minis Tirith, in spawned a wave of bots that proceeded to clear the area like the ever-so-finely-tuned dancers that they are. I was able to waltz my way through and do that Talos forsaken quest again only having to worry about the boss...
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would report more if it wasn't such a pain in the butt.

There is no reason, in any modern mmo, to not have a one click "report spam" for spammers/gold sellers in chat or a one-click "report bot" for botters. The latter is a bit tougher, since you have to be able to focus on them, with the way the UI works. It still stands, though... if I have the ability to actually target one of these hack using toons, I should be able to report them in one click.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »
    If you aren't opposed to add-ons, this is very helpful:

Fast Report http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info181-FastReport.html
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

There is no reason, in any modern mmo, to not have a one click "report spam" for spammers/gold sellers in chat or a one-click "report bot" for botters. The latter is a bit tougher, since you have to be able to focus on them, with the way the UI works. It still stands, though... if I have the ability to actually target one of these hack using toons, I should be able to report them in one click.

Yeah. Us too. It's irritating.
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    Last time i just sent them a ingame message to support telling them the area was over run with bots & speedhackers and while bugs i can live with .. the bots etc was really stretching it thin. especially since they all seem to run around with names that basically shout IM A BOT
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up on the game due to the bot situation, for now. I've reported hundreds of bots and anytime I'm in game I feel compelled to report them more. There's just so many of them disturbing my play and it's become an unjoyable experience.
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    I know how you feel, i logged off earlier after just feeling pointless seeing them running around. Zeni did reply expressing their concerns though which is at least something.

In the meantime a PS4 with Watch Dogs is on the way, then there's Titanfall on the X1 and Wildstar out soon .. so if they keep on letting the bot's run riot ESO will get put on the sidelines.
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing