Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Foolishness of Aedric spear skill line

Bunku
Bunku
Soul Shriven
Just wanted to go out and say this. Might be that some NB skills or some other skill lines have this problem too.

Anyways: Under (8m range?) aedric spear skills use weapon crit and do physical damage. Others use spell crit and do spell damage.

So in short: if you want to raise the crit on some of the skills you need medium armor, but medium armor is [snip] and after all, all the skills use magicka so light armor is way superior in that sense. But then again using light armor, you cant take advantage of the spell crit nor the spell dam piercing passive.

I know its not a big deal in a sense, but if you want to max out your chars power. Well dont use aedric spear skills.

Foolish planning, and the _absolute worst part_ is that tooltips say nothing about these "features". Learn to write tooltips please, add option to use extended tooltips or whatnot, which actually would tell you everything you need to know.

This is just my short opinion of the matter, please educate me if I was wrong in something.
[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 26 May 2014 05:21
  • TheMoDiiFii3r
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 26 May 2014 05:18
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite right, from my understanding. Being a melee ranged attack the crit is weapon based, but the damage is still magicka based. Yes, I agree, it is a confusing system that is not explained properly in the tool tips.

Btw, there is a passive that gives you a 10% crit bonus for the aedric spear skills.
    Bunku wrote: »

So in short: if you want to raise the crit on some of the skills you need medium armor, but medium armor is shiet and after all, all the skills use magicka so light armor is way superior in that sense. But then again using light armor, you cant take advantage of the spell crit nor the spell dam piercing passive.

Again, not quite right. All "class skills" are magicka based. Weapon, armor, and fighters guild skills are stamina based. There is nothing wrong with medium armor. It works well if you are a DPSer that uses a lot of stamina based skills. Many DPS Templars use medium. It is a viable choice, though not ideal for everyone. It all depends on how you play your character. If you are a heavy class skill user, light would be better, but probably not ideal for a melee ranged character. I use heavy, myself. :)