Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Naked and still capping health and stamina recovery. What do I do?

1ne2woBe
1ne2woBe
✭✭✭
I have googled and can not find out how to fix this issue. I'm sure it is something that's quite common knowledge regarding online MMO's, however this is my first game. I'm sure I've not built my character correctly, however right now, I'd like to at the least get these caps knocked. Thank you for any advice. Much appreciated! :smiley:

5mg85y.jpg
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With those prerequisites, you'd made a fine adult fil... Erm, priest of Dibella. Suppose that's thanks to being twice the animal.

Oh and it's rather easy to hit those softcaps anyways. Might want to invest in direct stat increases gear-wise.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind that the "overcharge" concept is a bit funky. Part of it has to do with the balance BETWEEN stats. so if your health recovery is moderate, but your magick and stamina are low, then your health recovery will overcharge. but if you buff the other two up to the level of health recovery, it may not be overcharged (if that makes sense).

so the key is to balance your stats out so one isn't drastically lower then the others.

As an example, in that shot I would boost your magicka recovery a bit and see what happens. and yeah...gear up for primary attributes rather then regen stats. pick jewelry that reduces costs rather then boosts recovery rates. stuff like that.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feed your horse!
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that the "overcharge" concept is a bit funky. Part of it has to do with the balance BETWEEN stats. so if your health recovery is moderate, but your magick and stamina are low, then your health recovery will overcharge. but if you buff the other two up to the level of health recovery, it may not be overcharged (if that makes sense).

so the key is to balance your stats out so one isn't drastically lower then the others.

As an example, in that shot I would boost your magicka recovery a bit and see what happens. and yeah...gear up for primary attributes rather then regen stats. pick jewelry that reduces costs rather then boosts recovery rates. stuff like that.

This is patently untrue. Soft caps are distinct actual numbers based on your level, and your points in one regen stat have zero effect on another.
    Edited by elorei on 26 May 2014 04:51
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    elorei wrote: »
    temjiu wrote: »

This is patently untrue. Soft caps are distinct actual numbers based on your level, and your points in one regen stat have zero effect on another.

I dunno - @Temiju makes sense.
    My own health recovery is really low despite having invested heavily in max health. It's a problem I have been trying to get information on.
    This concept might explain it.

Sadly the only way to be sure is spend a lot of gold on a respec.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • 1ne2woBe
    1ne2woBe
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your replies. Here is my update:

I went to bed after posting this and shut the game off. I just now came home from work and low and behold everything is fine again, even after armor and jewelry have been added. So I'm not sure what was causing the capping.

Naked:
    99phqd.jpg

Clothed:
    34856o5.jpg

@Nazon_Katts - Thanks... I think? LOL

@Gisgo - Yes, my poor Sweetroll needs to be fed. She is my first mount and I just purchased her 2 days ago.

@Temjiu, @Elorei, @Censorious- Thanks! Great information! I am almost certain a respec is in order soon. I just need to know EXACTLY how I'm going to do it in order to not use trial and error and spending a ton of gold.

Thanks again everyone. Enjoy your Memorial day!

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing, all three recovery stats over charged with no buffs/boons then five minutes later they are not over charged.
    I've seen this happen a few times now and I repeat I did not have any active boons.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>