Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are we able to actually play ESO this weekend?

subecsanur
subecsanur
✭✭✭
Bugs, Memory Leaks, Roll back loops, VR zone uberness, no loots, UI bugs glitches etc as poor excuse as to why or what was not seen but there or vice-verse? Big patch on a nice long weekend for an unplayable game now? Classes broken DK and NB (still broken).

What happened here? And no updates regarding any fixes or hotfixes yet?
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    Memory Leak is crippling. So I don't know I am sick of dealing with it. I have semi fixed it, but still needing to reboot the game for performance sake. I swear to god I cannot fathom how they missed this leak, its HUGE not minor, obvious immediately.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Either major hotfix this immediatelly with some testing done prior, or massive roll back. Or else we want our $59 back since now the game is actually unplayable compared to when it was launched.

Please!!
  • OMGr8573
    OMGr8573
    Soul Shriven
    I played yesterday and a good bit today with pretty much no problems so far. Yesterday game crashed on me once. Hopefully I can keep playing it with very little to no problems.
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    at this point I'd like a refund myself, I am leaving for 10 days soon anyways, was on the fence about getting this game. Sorry I did.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    Bugs, Memory Leaks, Roll back loops, VR zone uberness, no loots, UI bugs glitches etc as poor excuse as to why or what was not seen but there or vice-verse? Big patch on a nice long weekend for an unplayable game now? Classes broken DK and NB (still broken).

First of all, how could you miss the update in blue on the top of the very page you used to create this thread? That update addresses the "VR zone uberness" that you mention. I don't know what you're referring to with "no loots" as I haven't experienced any of that.

As far as UI bugs/glitches, if you're referring to items that you can't delete, or stacks you can't split, or the ESC key not working, those are all caused by Wykkyd's Full Immersion or AutoEmote addons, at least in the experience of our Guild.

DK broken? Whaaaaat? I gained 6 levels on mine yesterday, from 30-36, and he still facerolls everything. If you're referring to shield bash, that was never intended to be a go-to ability and is now where it was supposed to be all along.

NIGHTBLADE UPDATE

Rollbacks though....bad deal & need to be addressed quickly. I'm not going to nerd-rage over them though as they just haven't impacted me that much. It happened 3 times yesterday, with 5 minutes being the most time I lost. It seemed to only happen in the lower level zones where there are tons of people.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭

First of all, how could you miss the update in blue on the top of the very page you used to create this thread? That update addresses the "VR zone uberness" that you mention. I don't know what you're referring to with "no loots" as I haven't experienced any of that.

As far as UI bugs/glitches, if you're referring to items that you can't delete, or stacks you can't split, or the ESC key not working, those are all caused by Wykkyd's Full Immersion or AutoEmote addons, at least in the experience of our Guild.

DK broken? Whaaaaat? I gained 6 levels on mine yesterday, from 30-36, and he still facerolls everything. If you're referring to shield bash, that was never intended to be a go-to ability and is now where it was supposed to be all along.

NIGHTBLADE UPDATE

Rollbacks though....bad deal & need to be addressed quickly. I'm not going to nerd-rage over them though as they just haven't impacted me that much. It happened 3 times yesterday, with 5 minutes being the most time I lost. It seemed to only happen in the lower level zones where there are tons of people.

Uhm have you actually read and followed the post or you actually are satisfied on that blue thing they posted yesterday?
    I am sorry but there is obviously a disconnect here, VR zones are still unplayable why can't they update something hotfix they did anything?

UI glitches of what certain skills / spells / buffs that should be or not, nothing to do with add ons, this is basic game UI that are just broken.

You can't relate low lvl non-issues. If the game was intended to just please the low lvl players and to take that away once they reach 50 then your up for a big surprise.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NIGHTBLADE UPDATE

Uhm have you actually read and followed the post or you actually are satisfied on that blue thing they posted yesterday?
    I am sorry but there is obviously a disconnect here, VR zones are still unplayable why can't they update something hotfix they did anything?

UI glitches of what certain skills / spells / buffs that should be or not, nothing to do with add ons, this is basic game UI that are just broken.

You can't relate low lvl non-issues. If the game was intended to just please the low lvl players and to take that away once they reach 50 then your up for a big surprise.

I'm assuming English isn't your first language, so I'm not even going to try to interpret what this means...other than you disagree. Can you be more specific on UI glitches? For the record, I am in VR4 content, and played it last night with fewer issues than in level 36 content.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    No need to be condescending, and may you should actually read the trail of posts following that in the forums.
    I also play in VR6 zones and maybe your just not willing to notice the issues or just extremely lucky that you aren't having the issues.
    If you actually read Dev Tracker, they even mention after that last blue post up there what has been done and that the fixes they presumed are in place are still an issue.

UI glitches or issues meaning when they use that as an excuse on what certain abilities or buffs that should be there aren't showing or what skills say should do but don't, those kind of glitches. There are plenty of posts on the forums also regarding this when you click on the right " Developer Tracker"
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not touching game till it's fixed, too many issues for me.
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    Kaelis33 wrote: »
    Memory Leak is crippling. So I don't know I am sick of dealing with it. I have semi fixed it, but still needing to reboot the game for performance sake. I swear to god I cannot fathom how they missed this leak, its HUGE not minor, obvious immediately.

Yep that is what baffles me. Bugs happen but didn't they at least test this patch before rolling it out? Eitehr they didn't test it or their QC/QA system needs to be totally trashed. This Leak problem is just too obvious to have been missed in any kind of testing.

• VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how you people function in the real world, calm down over the bugs. They happen in every MMO. Name a single MMO that didn't have a gamebreaking bug within the first 3 months.
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    I can name a few actually that didn't have any bugs to the point that it is actually crippling the game and loosing its initially burst of enjoyment so fast.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Crippling? I can play the game fine.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    I don't know how you people function in the real world, calm down over the bugs. They happen in every MMO. Name a single MMO that didn't have a gamebreaking bug within the first 3 months.

You are able to play more than 15 minutes at a time before your computer starts to die? Congratulations, you are not getting hammered by this leak for some reason.

This is not some simple bug, this is "Patching a live service to your customers, things you never do 101".

• subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Your lucky :), no quest rollback? lost items? BSOD? VR zone issues? Then just be greatfull I guess.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    I'm not touching game till it's fixed, too many issues for me.

Me too. I barely restarted my comp after CTD.
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    How do you experience this memory leak? I only ask because I have been playing 6 to 8 hours without issue.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elorei wrote: »

You are able to play more than 15 minutes at a time before your computer starts to die? Congratulations, you are not getting hammered by this leak for some reason.

This is not some simple bug, this is "Patching a live service to your customers, things you never do 101".

I played from the time the servers went up yesterday until around 1am without my computer "dying".
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed twice today, several y-day each needing a full reboot of pc to restore systems. So until a fix, i'll not play, don't want to risk damaging pc due to a game. I have not had this so bad in recent memory, certainly no MMO i played.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt any of these plebs even know what the term "Memory leak" means. They just read it on some post and started flipping their sweetrolls.

@Misty Same, played for 5 hours during this "memory leak catastrophe" and no errors or unusual performance.
    Edited by VlVEC on 24 May 2014 16:47
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt any of these plebs even know what the term "Memory leak" means. They just read it on some post and started flipping their sweetrolls.

@Misty Same, played for 5 hours during this "memory leak catastrophe" and no errors or unusual performance.

Which "plebs"? Maybe you mean the actual employess of ZoS, who have stated on these very forums that there is a memory leak?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, it's happened in a lot of MMO's .... doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better.

I do expect better. I don't expect to see the same problem games had in 1997 yet here we are.

What we do in the real world has no bearing on the fact that when we get a chance to relax and play our game of choice, it's difficult because the developers throw in one screw up on top of another.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Lol....be happy you can play the game...there are hundreds if not thousands of people locked out of the game now due to crashing and then getting account banned...others, myself included just get a constant 301 error. The poor bstards who are account locked can't post to forums anymore which is why you don't see more screaming here about the issue. Want a taste? Go to the facebook page and see comment after comment of "Why was I banned?" rage from patch onwards.

Check Dev tracker...they fixed the vr zones difficulty...you just have to kill everything thats there to get em to reset. Classic.
  • somebody21
    somebody21
    ✭✭
    Is this memory issue with cpu's amd or intel, game runs better for me 1080p ultra settings 50-60 fps in big towns up from 40's to low 50's.
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭
    Has anyone bothered to state their system specs since some are getting memory leaks while others aren't?

Here are mine

ASUS HD 7970 cu2
    FX 8350
    16GB Ram
    Windows 8

ASUS 1440p monitor

No crashes since launch
    Edited by Hornex on 24 May 2014 17:00
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I played all day, only one issue. So I think you can too. Just remember to kill the launcher - or copy the exe for the game to your desktop :)

Oh, wait, yeah...NB's passives are still largely broken. But they fixed some stuff! So...playing on my sorc :)

(my heart goes out to those with roll back loops - wow, sorry, that sucks)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Hornex wrote: »
    Has anyone bothered to state their system specs since some are getting memory leaks while others aren't?

@Hornex I started a thread for this purpose.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭
    Hornex wrote: »

@Hornex I started a thread for this purpose.

Sweet, can you link here for others to follow.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crashed once during a Anchor after playing for 4 hours without an issue so I unsubed and kicked a puppy. Done and done.
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Please post your specs/technical issues in this thread so that we can help Zenimax narrow down the problem:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/888835#Comment_888835
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ