Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO - You are a bunch of Rockstars!!!

Vladdra
Vladdra
I love this game. Honestly, I do. I think that the developers have done a fantastic job of creating a world where people can explore, quest, craft, interact with both NPC's and players alike. What they created is beautiful. Exploring has become fun once again, as opposed to just flying to wherever to kill the mob of the day and fly somewhere else. The quests are quite intricate and the story is second to none. I have never played a game where they tried so hard to have a living breathing story. Your successes change the world. It is quite astonishing that anyone would not love this game if they gave it a chance.

I have a couple thoughts however, and these are in no particular order.

Veteran Ranks:
Problem: Many people are apparently angry about having to do other faction quests to level through the Veteran Ranks. People are not happy about the XP requirements compared to rewards for killing mobs and chain quests (where you do three or four parts of the quest and just get another quest given to you, no xp for what you completed up to that point). The mobs health and damage appears to angered more then a few, and apparently even more because of the recent patch.
Possible Solutions:
1. If you insist on having people complete the other factions quest line. Then why not make it just the "Main Story". Which by completing that would give you enough XP to level to the next VR. If you feel there isn't enough quests in the Main Story, add a couple, but don't get carried away.
2. Increase the XP per mob kills. I don't mean double it, I mean give 750 to 1000 per kill. At the current level of 100ish xp per kill, even at VR3 that is a mere 13680 kills a person would have to complete to "GRIND" their way to VR4. Really quite unacceptable. I assume, and this is just my thinking, that you have designed it this way to stop gold sellers from botting toons to max level, so, I cannot really fault you there, but, you are punishing the entire community because of this. Quests should give better XP. There should be no need for a person to complete ever single quest in a zone to level. In addition, every quest should give XP (maybe not a reward like money or items), but, if you have spent time to run from point A to point B, regardless of what is in between, the player should be rewarded with XP when turning in any point of a quest.
3. Why are VR mobs more powerful then Mannimarco or Molok Bal (spelling?). Mobs for Veteran level should be lvl 50 mobs, no more, no less. Getting "Veteran Ranks" should be completely based upon the individual persons time spent to complete zones of opposing factions. There is no need whatsoever to make the mobs so intensely hard that people are turned off by the game. The fact that by the time you reach VR10 players are next to one shotting mobs is completely because they are "Veteran Level 10", and therefore logically, more powerful then any possible mob in the game.

Now, I am not going to tell you how to do your jobs. That isn't my place, but, lets do a little number crunching shall we?

Lets say you have 3 million subscribers at game launch. I would hope that this would cover the cost to create the game in the first place (and these are just artificial numbers only) and say 75% of the people remained after the first month to give the company time to fix some of the problems. So now you only have 2.25 million subscribers, and at (we will average this for ease of math) $14 per person / month, is an intake of $31,500,000 each month that your numbers remain that high. Now, lets say because of this current patch you loose another 25%, where there appears to be a failure of fixing broken issues in the current game but still insist on bringing out new content. Now you are down to a mere $21,000,000 per month from subscribers. I am not an expert on business, but I do know that a lose of $10,000,000 a month for a business is quite significant. It means they have lost customers. It means that through word of mouth, there is little possibility there will be a huge influx of new customers.

There are people that will say the game is fine, it is perfect, and good for those people. But this isn't about how you feel. This is about money. At the end of the day, this is a business like any other. However, if you "the company" fail to listen to the majority of the customers, you will loose money. I don't have any exact numbers, but I am fairly certain that there is less people with a VR10 then with one. I also noticed a massive drop in the people playing in the guilds once people reached the Veteran Ranks. No, they didn't go to an ALT, they are just not playing anymore.

Personally, I hope that you improve this game. People I have talked to love it until they reach Veteran Levels. At that point they either "love it", "hate it", or "quit" (too which the haters will quit after a short period).

Please make the Veteran Levels more enjoyable for the majority (your pay may just count on it).

Thanks,
Vladdra