Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

5 GB's of download for the new patch?

boomlasereb17_ESO
boomlasereb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Why is the new patch so big, what is being released to be 5 GB of size? I know about Craglorn, but 5 GB still seems a bit unrealistic.
Edited by boomlasereb17_ESO on 23 May 2014 14:11
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only they'd announced that the patch was going to be 5GB. Or if only there had been threads in the forums letting you know that it was a 5GB download.

If only.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn, all the veteran armor got a skin change, client-side video fixes, client-side animation and data fixes...
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's taking forever.................... I'm sitting in front of my screen like a kid with his face pressed up against the toyshop window. I know there's cool stuff in there, but I can't get in........
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    yeah 2GB was only the base game, 5GB more for the audio localization files
  • monden1980b16_ESO
    monden1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On my PC at work, where I log in to get these dumb hireling mails regularly, the patch was around 2.5 + 2.5 + 25 GB... at home, it will take the whole night probably...
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    2*2.5g (+/-) downloads - then these get unpatched as fast as your harddrive can of 25g and 5g. There is also a small 50mb download between the other 2. On my extremely fast 4mb line I think I might be finishing soon (about 4-5hrs). Think main impact is your network speed for the two big downloads.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • boomlasereb17_ESO
    boomlasereb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Monden, there is no 25 gigs, those 25 gigs are installation of some kind and it is done 20mb/s or even faster, so that isnt downloading.