Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who is running a VR 5+ Argonian?

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
Argonians are the coolest looking race, but I'm wondering about whether I would be gimping myself by rolling one. Or is that just min/maxing anxiety and not really a big deal?

I'm interested in what kinds of classes and builds work best for Argonians. I was thinking of rolling up a DK, because it seems like tanking might make the best use of Argonian racials. There is only one Argonian in my guild who is at VR 2.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    softcap - that is all
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paske wrote: »
    softcap - that is all

More details, please. I'm a noob.
  • Nicky_W
    Nicky_W
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a V10 Argonian Templar :)
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm v10 and I hang with the best of them. Most racials have to worry about soft caps and that 15% to potion effectiveness is deceptively amazing. There are also come cool tricks you can do with swim speed in cyrodil ;)

If you are tanking that 6% healing taken is nothing to sneeze at. Really there is nothing wrong with being an argonian and it has been debated that the 15% increase in pots is actually comparable to other racials.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an argonian so lizard away :)

argonians make a good race for all classes.
    Edited by Laura on 23 May 2014 11:22
  • SteelFaithU2
    SteelFaithU2
    Soul Shriven
    Pair Argonian improved use of potions with Alchemy; and if you're a nightblade- they have a passive that also increases potion effectiveness - and you have a really powerful combo that can turn the outcome of a fight in your favor rather quickly.

Etiher way, Argonian racials allow them to play any class and still have benefits. Whereas me as a Khajiit, my racials are pretty useless as a mage or caster.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was.... But then I took an arrow to the knee !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a VR6 Argonian DK that leveled 1-50 as a dual-wielder in mostly heavy armor. He has since become expert in restoration staff, (fire) destruction staff, and one handed + shield. I was giving him a break this week to level an Argonian templar a bit, who is primarily using a restoration staff and mostly light armor.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to get your feedback, Argonians!
  • Nicky_W
    Nicky_W
    ✭✭✭
    I should probably elaborate on my build also.
    So V10 Argonian Templar, healer.
    5 Light, 2 Heavy, with resto staff.
    So far I have solo'd all PVE content (excluding world bosses, dolmens etc)

I use a combintion of cc such as volcanic rune, charge for lockups.
    Biting jabs as primary damage. Nova for sticky situations :pensive:
    If I'm out of magicka i use pots, heavy resto attacks for the 10% magicka refund whilst kiting.

I can normally deal with 3 mobs , but anything more without nova ultimate will probably result in my death.
    Edited by Nicky_W on 23 May 2014 11:38
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    An Argonian Nightblade Alchemist = Uber!
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.