Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Respec Costs

dragnier
dragnier
✭✭✭
I think respec costs should work the same way traveling to a wayshrine does. The first time you do it the price is relatively low but inflates the price on a cool down if you do it again soon after.

Say 25g per skill point for the first respec and then a cool down period of one week which initially inflates the cost to 125g per skill point and slowly declines over the week to reach 25g per skill point again. Just an example, but you get the idea. The time frame could be different.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have a problem with the 100g a point cost.
    What gets my panties in a bunch is that you have to pay to do all of them when all you want to do is try another morph to see if it better fits your play style
    When you get up into the vet ranks It is about 50k to change one point which is just silly IMO .

I do understand why they decided to do it this way but for someone like me that likes to try lots of different things and not do a cookie cuter build
    (where you go to ESO head and get the assignment of skill points for a ranged fire damage sorcerer and then just fill in the slots as you get your skill points)
    This cost has a negative impact on my fun

I am willing to put up a halfway fix for this as I doubt we will ever see individual skill point reassignment.
    Let us respec just one set of points at a time for example you have say 5 points in wood crafting items and you want to drop wood crafts for enchanting charge 250g to move points in a craft to those points in the other crafts (50g per point as it is all inside crafts) but if you want to drop those 5 points in to a weapon skill then it would cost you 500g as they are not being respect in the crafts area.

This keeps a lot of the think seriously about where you put your points that the devs want for game but do not kill the player that gets fun out of experimentation with his toon.

That is my modest proposal....

What do you think of it?
  • Bahz
    Bahz
    ✭✭
    Ye it's really silly how the respeccing works. I want to change 1 morph but I dont have cash to reset everything