Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New armor colors with patch!

• magic_is_might
    magic_is_might
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I play at 1920x1080 with high settings, and for some reasons screenshots look bad when I upload to imgur.
    Sienna Nightsky | Aldmeri Dominion | Nightblade Woodelf
  • Malignos
    Malignos
    Yeah..can't say i'm impressed. My level 42 cloth went from a lightish blue to Barney purple. Time to put on a costume till I make new 46 gear and hope for the best I guess.

:(
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    I really like the new armor colors. Although it doesn't look like Daedric changed any.

Screenshot_20140522_235314_zps6f0eab6c.png
  • Poeskas
    Poeskas
    Soul Shriven
    i dunno if this was intentional, but the new armor colors that came from this patch are disgusting.

Devs: please change em back or add dyes asap
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    They did mention in the patch notes that they were making changes to VR level armour colours. Nice to see that it's an improvement.

There's another thread I was a part of that was all about the terrible aesthetics of VR gear. Before that, apparently ZoS thought it was working as intended. Turns out, there WAS a glitch causing the armor to look like crap. So thank the OP of that thread for getting this fixed.
    Yep, that thread definitely helped! Glad you guys are seeing a positive change. :)

Any chance you can post in one of the 100 threads calling your attention at game breaking bugs? Or are you just staying in the goodbye ones and the positive ones?
  • Symmachus
    Symmachus
    Bigtuna wrote: »
    This is a great change and one more example of the devs listening to the feedback from the community.

No it isn't. Some dev fudged up the specular mapping on the veteran armors during development. The initial Zenimax stance was that the poor appearance was intentional. They then pulled an about-face and fixed the specular maps once players started posted glaring pictorial examples of the problem for them.
  • epictrollheals513
    Bflaker wrote: »
    I like the changes they made to the armor color, atleast with my VR4 armor. I'm wearing 5 Heavy, 2 Medium(Helm & Belt), all purple refinement. Before it was just silver armor with gold trim and red leathers. This looks much better in my opinion. I just wonder if the purple refinement is what gives it the pearlescent look?

eso2014-05-2214-43-44-46_zpsf8a4a9df.png

Yeah... but that helmet... O.O

WHAT!!!!! this might be because I have been drinking but I love all of it even the helm (glad I did a spell check since I spelled about 4-5 word wrong, might be a sign :p)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Are the armour styles on the chargen previews changed too?

I don't know what you mean by "chargen previews" so I can't help you.

I actually though that everyone who played the game had to use the character generator immideately upon starting the game. Guess I was wrong then...
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Checking the VR characters on heavy armor the look is better, thank you. :)

On medium armor instead this changement could still require some tweaks, infact leather doesn't seem leather. It's more "metallic" now as look, glares, etc.
    Bosmer VR4 medium armor (epic improvements) for example seems a sort of metal or shiny plastic leather.
    Edited by Helluin on 25 May 2014 01:48
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR ranks do look better, but did they have to make lower level armour look worse and absolutely hideous? I can't stand staring at this minty green anymore, I must wear a disguise so my colours at least make some sense.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did mention in the patch notes that they were making changes to VR level armour colours. Nice to see that it's an improvement.

There's another thread I was a part of that was all about the terrible aesthetics of VR gear. Before that, apparently ZoS thought it was working as intended. Turns out, there WAS a glitch causing the armor to look like crap. So thank the OP of that thread for getting this fixed.
    Yep, that thread definitely helped! Glad you guys are seeing a positive change. :)
    Still look forward to dyes :P
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭

Still look forward to dyes :P

^
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's... not Thor. More like something out of Colonel Kilgore's fever dreams...

As most Vikings, Thor would likely have made do with a chainmail byrnie and perhaps an iron helmet :pensive:

The thing is,Thor isnt a viking ;) He is a god.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an exact comparison (I pulled the 1st image from a site as I don't have a ss of my own character in this armor). But the change is notable. These are both medium Bosmer level 28 armor.

dE9qbdv.jpg

This image is actually my toon:
    Vrg8hM7.jpg

Huge difference between the two. Not sure I like the color. I do hope they add a dye system soon :)

XD The hat in the first+the "shoes". Oh bosmers :3...
  • Trisstraeb14_ESO
    It's all good till you hit vr10 and look like a power ranger in glossy blue armor...
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto.

213omyf.jpg
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on if there are looking at making fixes to gear color issues introduced in the last patch(1.2 I think)? Myself, I see SO much green in different armor they all look alike. I saw a thread that all the green is actually the game not properly rendering the right texture or something. Would be nice to get this fixed, and I hope the shiny 'plastic' look is fixed in VR gear when I get there.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    V12 Heavy Armor looks like complete ***.. I just want black armor :(
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all good till you hit vr10 and look like a power ranger in glossy blue armor...

But is it worse then the dull grey low level looking vr gear that we had before? I want dyes D:
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like my armour with natural colours
    stam scrub
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the VR4 light armor colors (kind of pearlescent) look amazing!
  • vaughnsboxb14a_ESO
    hooray for pretty colors and louder horses! hooray! now can we get some bugs fixed?