Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New armor colors with patch!

Bflaker
Bflaker
I like the changes they made to the armor color, atleast with my VR4 armor. I'm wearing 5 Heavy, 2 Medium(Helm & Belt), all purple refinement. Before it was just silver armor with gold trim and red leathers. This looks much better in my opinion. I just wonder if the purple refinement is what gives it the pearlescent look?

eso2014-05-2214-43-44-46_zpsf8a4a9df.png
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They appear to have snuck in a few changes :wink:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the armour styles on the chargen previews changed too?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did mention in the patch notes that they were making changes to VR level armour colours. Nice to see that it's an improvement.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, character looks completely different, gear-wise.

You have to stand on top of containers to loot them now. (no more standing 1 meter away, no no, you must mate with the furniture to loot it.

And of course, the best part, all my stats (magicka, stamina, health) are now lower than they were yesterday, permanently. That's so great.

They change dark talons, but don't offer a skill point refund, that's nice too, but it's ok, because it's for DK's, which are the current rock to scissors.

/annoyed.
    Edited by vyal on 22 May 2014 18:56
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see a darker look here, the light brown medium armor (I'm trying to be sneaky! :( ) was absolutely hideous.

Looking forward to 5:30 :3
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...my armors look insanely better. I am really impressed. I can finally take off my costume.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    They did mention in the patch notes that they were making changes to VR level armour colours. Nice to see that it's an improvement.

There's another thread I was a part of that was all about the terrible aesthetics of VR gear. Before that, apparently ZoS thought it was working as intended. Turns out, there WAS a glitch causing the armor to look like crap. So thank the OP of that thread for getting this fixed.
    Edited by Slash8915 on 22 May 2014 18:57
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌ Slash8915
    I read that thread as well. Glad they noticed it :sunglasses:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Slash8915 wrote: »

There's another thread I was a part of that was all about the terrible aesthetics of VR gear. Before that, apparently ZoS thought it was working as intended. Turns out, there WAS a glitch causing the armor to look like crap. So thank the OP of that thread for getting this fixed.
    Yep, that thread definitely helped! Glad you guys are seeing a positive change. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just add in my dye system based on achievement points. >:C

I hope the color changes hit epic/legendary daedric style light armor too. I think we can all agree that was the worst colored armor in the game.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    downloading patch still, hope the VR6 armor color doesn't look bad :)
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »

You have to stand on top of containers to loot them now. (no more standing 1 meter away, no no, you must mate with the furniture to loot it.

And of course, the best part, all my stats (magicka, stamina, health) are now lower than they were yesterday, permanently. That's so great.

They change dark talons, but don't offer a skill point refund, that's nice too, but it's ok, because it's for DK's, which are the current rock to scissors.

/annoyed.

What? Are max hp mp and stanima has been reduced? Why? To make everything harder?
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. It looks amazing!

@Slash8915‌ Does the employees not have VR characters? I thought they test the game using programme altered levels?
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bflaker wrote: »
    I like the changes they made to the armor color, atleast with my VR4 armor. I'm wearing 5 Heavy, 2 Medium(Helm & Belt), all purple refinement. Before it was just silver armor with gold trim and red leathers. This looks much better in my opinion. I just wonder if the purple refinement is what gives it the pearlescent look?

Yeah... but that helmet... O.O
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    kasain wrote: »
    What? Are max hp mp and stanima has been reduced? Why? To make everything harder?
    Hell if I know, I just know everything is now lower, and I can't be the only person that will notice this.
    I -despise- stealth nerfs. If you're going to nerf something? Fine. At least freaking tell us. grrr.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking good!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? You don't like the Thor look?
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Dear God I hope not, I just made it to 3k hp with food buff.....If it's lower....I'll just have to change out glyphs then
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? You don't like the Thor look?

That's... not Thor. More like something out of Colonel Kilgore's fever dreams...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's... not Thor. More like something out of Colonel Kilgore's fever dreams...

As most Vikings, Thor would likely have made do with a chainmail byrnie and perhaps an iron helmet :pensive:
  • Csidron
    Csidron

/annoyed.

mating with intimate objects is frowned upon :neutral_face:
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csidron wrote: »

/annoyed.

Depends on what part of the internet you're in.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Bigtuna
    Bigtuna
    ✭✭✭

Yep, that thread definitely helped! Glad you guys are seeing a positive change. :)

This is a great change and one more example of the devs listening to the feedback from the community. +1 for ZOS on this and keep up the good work, can't wait to see what my new vet gear will look like! ;D
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Csidron wrote: »
    It was such a jarring change I thought my client was broken. YMMV. :)
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

As most Vikings, Thor would likely have made do with a chainmail byrnie and perhaps an iron helmet :pensive:

I like to think that Thor would have been more like a berserker, strutting out onto the battlefield nude and frothing at the mouth.
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psychotius wrote: »

I like to think that Thor would have been more like a berserker, strutting out onto the battlefield nude and frothing at the mouth.

I'm almost afraid to ask... is this a fetish or something?
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? You're telling me a rabid Thor isn't a fetish of yours?
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No... O.o
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No... O.o

Huh... Then you must be one of the weird ones.
    Edited by Slash8915 on 22 May 2014 19:33
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My previously silver boots, gloves and belt are now more gold and details(blue quality calcinium heavy) and my sorc's green quality v1 leather is now a more rich blue than the drab tan it was before.