The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update On Outfit Resetting Issue [March 14, 2024]

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
On March 13, we deployed a hotfix to resolve outfits from resetting. Players should feel free to reapply outfits as they like. For those impacted by the outfit resetting issue, we are granting the following during our March 25 incremental:
  • Anyone who had outfits reset will be granted two outfit change tokens per slot affected. So for example if you had three outfits reset, you will be granted six outfit change tokens.
  • Additionally for time lost having to reset outfits, we will grant five 150% experience scrolls.
When these items are granted on March 25, you will receive the experience scrolls via in-game mail, while the outfit change tokens are added directly to your account. We've identified impacted players through our logs, so you do not need to submit a ticket to receive the granted items. Lastly, this issue has been identified and will be resolved for console launch.

Thanks again for flagging this issue and working with us to come to a resolution for everyone impacted.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 12 April 2024 17:57
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Mattymoo92
    Mattymoo92
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Kevin much appreciated :D
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghcb9g4v3mbo.gif
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add: for people on PC/EU who have trouble remembering what styles they had in their outfits, you could log into PTS (since PTS currently contains EU copies) to see what your character had. I used this because I forgot what one of my EU characters had for their weapon styles.

This won't work for NA characters, though. I had to restore the one I lost on NA from memory.
    Edited by code65536 on 14 March 2024 18:55
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update! And for the quick response with fixing this issue!

Can't imagine how bad the players who lost outfits must feel, as they all are creative works of art. And many players have been so incredibly creative(check the fashion megathread) with making these. Which is awesome!

Question: Isn't it possible to restore the lost outfits for players? Surely there must be some kind of outfit slots backup? (Not argueing that the proposed fix/compensation isn't good or not, but not being able to restore what was lost has me a bit worried)

Again, thanks for the update and the quick response to the bug itself!

PS: Luckily I wasn't affected by this bug, as I specifically avoided places I could die.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow! Now I kinda wanted my mule had her one inventory slot blowed up so I could grab those precious 150% scrolls lol
    Not my main though. Please don't touch my main
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is awesome news and you already pre-meditatively answered my question about if console was gonna get smacked by it when we update.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Thank you for the update! And for the quick response with fixing this issue!

Can't imagine how bad the players who lost outfits must feel, as they all are creative works of art. And many players have been so incredibly creative(check the fashion megathread) with making these. Which is awesome!

Question: Isn't it possible to restore the lost outfits for players? Surely there must be some kind of outfit slots backup? (Not argueing that the proposed fix/compensation isn't good or not, but not being able to restore what was lost has me a bit worried)

Again, thanks for the update and the quick response to the bug itself!

PS: Luckily I wasn't affected by this bug, as I specifically avoided places I could die.

Plenty of people are good at pointing out motifs, so as long as there’s a screenshot saved somewhere people can help them put it back together. Dyes may be a bit tricky though.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I should add: for people on PC/EU who have trouble remembering what styles they had in their outfits, you could log into PTS (since PTS currently contains EU copies) to see what your character had. I used this because I forgot what one of my EU characters had for their weapon styles.
    Thank you! You saved my all 10 slots with this advice, what a relief...

PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I lost 9 outfits, and I can't seem to get one of them back together so far, no way for me to figure out what i had, no screenshots and I'm NA...this really sucks, the money for the outfits wasn't that big of a deal...trying to figure out what I had on 9 different outfits is going to take weeks, if I can even get the outfits back to what they were...................
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the continued updates and for the coming tokens and scrolls! :)
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I lost 9 outfits, and I can't seem to get one of them back together so far, no way for me to figure out what i had, no screenshots and I'm NA...this really sucks, the money for the outfits wasn't that big of a deal...trying to figure out what I had on 9 different outfits is going to take weeks, if I can even get the outfits back to what they were...................

Did you by chance post screenshots of any of them in the stickied Fashion Megathread?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394909/fashion-megathread#latest

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    150% xp scrolls? Neat. I was already thinking that losing 4 outfits on one character and if we get only, say, one outfit token as a gift that would not be nice. Even if I got enough for all the slots, it still wouldn't be nice because of the lost time and effort to do those outfits. But 2 tokens per outfit slot is adequate. Although, I still spend more because of the weapon combinations between armory builds but it's just different weapons.

But 150% xp scrolls is a nice way of saying you appreciate our time spent in this game. Thanks.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this is the worst part. We have so much styles and motifs right now, it's immpossible to remember all of the settings :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • MentalShadow
    MentalShadow
    Soul Shriven
    That's great news, actually. I'm just wondering if this will happen automatically or if we need to apply in some way. I lost an outfit myself, which was frustrating. I cannot even imagine how it feels for those who lost multiple outfits and all the effort they put into making them.
    The Writers Guild

EU Megaserver Roleplay Guild
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the outfit that I lost, it looks like the dyes were remembered, but not the styles. As others have suggested, if you can post screenshots of your characters, we can help you find the motifs/styles again. :)
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, after patch I got mail with scrolls but not get any of outfit slots tokens (and I had 10 slots deleted).
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, after patch I got mail with scrolls but not get any of outfit slots tokens (and I had 10 slots deleted).

I also got no tokens.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

I also got no tokens.

Tokens weren't meant to be included in the mail, but would get applied immediately after logging on. Do you recall how many you had before the patch?
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the note here. We are taking this to the team now to look into. We'll update once we get more info.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    EF321 wrote: »

I also got no tokens.

Tokens weren't meant to be included in the mail, but would get applied immediately after logging on. Do you recall how many you had before the patch?

Yes, I remember and I have same amount after logging in.
    But don't even need to remember, I have 5 outfit slot that were reset, and 3 tokens on account after maintenance :)
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had 0 tokens and still have 0, so it's easy for me to see that I didn't get anything :D
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    I had 9 outfits affected and did not receive 18 outfit change tokens.
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Got scrolls, no tokens. 4 outfits affected.
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    WIll this hot fix be something that is implemented into the update for console tomorrow, or will it be shipping with this bug? @ZOS_Kevin
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Rugby_hook wrote: »
    WIll this hot fix be something that is implemented into the update for console tomorrow, or will it be shipping with this bug? @ZOS_Kevin

The fix was made on console, so this issue should not appear tomorrow.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 25 March 2024 20:16
    Staff Post
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Rugby_hook wrote: »

The fix was made on console, so this issue should not appear tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This is great news. Thank you!!!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    For everyone else, we are still investigating why the tokens were not applied. We'll follow up once we have more information.
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I had 0 tokens before, still 0 now and I had 4 outfits deleted, the only thing that remains correct is the colors, but all the outfits poof.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe there's an issue with zos seeing the outfit slots? I had 2 outfit slots for my main and then was going to buy two armory slots but accidentally bought 2 outfit slots. So now I have 4 outfit slots for my main. (Which is the affected character.) I contacted the support and asked if it was possible to cancel the purchase of those 2 extra outfit slots so I can buy armory slots instead, or just swap them to armory slots. The support said they cannot see my outfit slots and/or the purchase, and therefore it is not possible to refund them. No matter, now I have many outfits (or had before the bug) and bought the armory slots later, too.

So perhaps it is the same issue: zos can't see the outfit slots somehow?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we have an update regarding the missing outfit change tokens we attempted to grant during the March 25 incremental. We have completed our investigation and believe we have a solution to make sure everyone can get the promised tokens applied to their account. During the April 8th incremental, we will rerun the grant to give only the missing tokens to all impacted players. We have a list of everyone who should receive the tokens so no need to provide additional information there.

Thanks again for your patience as we investigated and worked for a solution to this issue.
    Staff Post