The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "New Order Of The Lamp Crates"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
lf2eysacjict.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Shine Against the Darkness with the Order of the Lamp Crown Crates"

"Take up arms alongside the Mages Guild’s martial branch with the items and collectibles found in the new Order of the Lamp Crown Crates."

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in the Order Of The Lamp Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Mystical Quasigriff
  • Altered Ornaug
  • Galerion's Indrik

Apex Rewards:
  • Mystic Magicka Molt
  • Storm Atronach
  • Aether-Tempered Mystic
  • Order of the Lamp Vvardvark
  • Order of the Lamp Lion
  • Order of the Lamp Jackal
  • Order of the Lamp Destrier

Legendary Rewards:
  • Play Glass Armonica
  • Varkenel's Hat Trick
  • Meteor Mining
  • Prismatic Cherry Tree
  • Cursed Curio Aether
  • Order of the Lamp Sword
  • Order of the Lamp Staff
  • Order of the Lamp Shield
  • Order of the Lamp Bow
  • Order of the Lamp Battle Axe
  • Evoker on Errantry
  • Master-Wizard's Ram
  • Brindle Bear
  • Sunset Welwa
  • Wizard About Town
  • Crown Crafting Motif 81: New Moon Priest Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif 41: Celestial Style

Epic Rewards:
  • Potion Peddler
  • Syrabane Living Statue
  • Apprentice's Idle Magic
  • Order of the Lamp Pedestal
  • Twinkling Lights, Blue
  • Arcanist's Crest
  • Clap Hands
  • Midnight Rising Makeup
  • Mages Guild Sigil Makeup
  • Plumed Cavalier
  • Prismatic Senche Cub
  • Conjured Dragon Imp
  • Ruby Haj Mota
  • Eyevea Evoker's Flair
  • Warlock's Veil
  • Stainedwing Butterfly
  • Windhelm Fox Mask

Superior Rewards:
  • Order of the Lamp Pauldrons
  • Order of the Lamp Gauntlets
  • Order of the Lamp Sabatons
  • Order of the Lamp Helm
  • Order of the Lamp Greaves
  • Order of the Lamp Cuirass
  • Sheogorat Body Branding
  • Sheogorat Face Branding
  • Aristocratic Astrologer Body Art
  • Aristocratic Astrologer Face Art
  • Magicka Everlasting Body Marks
  • Magicka Everlasting Face Marks
  • Eyevea Conjured Wisp
  • Emerald Oak Nixad
  • Sugarsnow Monkey
  • Meridia-Touched Asp
  • Saarthal Shepherd
  • Blueblood Frog Hound Pup
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 12 April 2024 17:58
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!!
    fun that there's an Apex Vvardvark ^_^
    and i love that Prismatic Cherry tree 🌸
    4odgpcnnx29j.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice looking items in the new crates! I do wish that so many of the custom recalls weren’t so large and flashy! Something shadowy, or nature-themed, like vanishing with a swirl of leaves, would be fun. :)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, more eye pain and headache causing customisations.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some nice looking items in the new crates! I do wish that so many of the custom recalls weren’t so large and flashy! Something shadowy, or nature-themed, like vanishing with a swirl of leaves, would be fun. :)

yea sadly another recall that'll hurt my eyes

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A vvardvark mount? Not a pet?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

There is already one:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hivethief_Vvardvark
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also not a fan of the big flashy stuff. Doesn't fit thematically with the type of game this is.
  • TheBardAtTheInn
    TheBardAtTheInn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so confused about the lack of waist/belt pieces for Outfit Styles. The full-body pic of the Order of the Lamp style includes a belt, but it was just decided that we don't get to have that apparently? It's far from the first style like this, as well. There's no girdle for the Order of the Circle style either.
    TheBardAtTheInn | PC/NA | CP 2600+ | For King and Covenant!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so confused about the lack of waist/belt pieces for Outfit Styles. The full-body pic of the Order of the Lamp style includes a belt, but it was just decided that we don't get to have that apparently? It's far from the first style like this, as well. There's no girdle for the Order of the Circle style either.

there is no full body picture of the style

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • vulonsil
    vulonsil
    ✭✭
    I like the ornaug. Quasigriff looks nice, but I don't use heavyweights, so would work better on a wolf or cat for me.
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭

A smoke bomb Recall would be amazing, the animation already exists for the Assassins Costume. Just need to extend the Buildup, and give it large poofy smoke.
    Pc/Na
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Kevin! Got some interesting things to look forward to for this season. :)
  • TheBardAtTheInn
    TheBardAtTheInn
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    there is no full body picture of the style

It's been datamined, but I know posting links is against recent policy changes here on the forums. Mentioning it might be too, so we'll see if this comment gets me yeeted or not.

TheBardAtTheInn | PC/NA | CP 2600+ | For King and Covenant!
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭

The Sugarsnow Monkey will finally be mine!!!
    Edited by RedBranch on 25 March 2024 19:41
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

There is already one:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hivethief_Vvardvark

Thanks I missed that one.
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    It's somewhat depressing to see that more of these items with excessive visual effects are on their way to this game. Why does this happen so much in ESO? Is it much more difficult to create new opaque and more realistic textures than these things for an MMO? At least bring back more old items to the Crown Store. I think the older pieces without all these lights were much more beautiful.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like flashy ! means i spent $ and you need bow before me.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... another typical crate season with just more glowy, overly flashy stuff. I'll gladly pass and save my Seals of Endeavor.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • NeoniKa
      NeoniKa
      ✭✭✭
      Quethrosar wrote: »
      i like flashy ! means i spent $ and you need bow before me.

No, it doesn't mean anything. I've been spending a lot of money in this game too; I just don't spend more because of the flashy things. You can't see other players collections, so, you can't assume by one single peace who spends what. We all spend money on this game, not only the noisy and flashy players.
    • Alp
      Alp
      ✭✭✭✭
      The news post links to the wrong crate thread:
      image.png?ex=6614334d&is=6601be4d&hm=b7d0b4ceee1baaaebf4a8afd0f69293c48b91fb128835e2dd9afa53833a9d25d&=&format=webp&quality=lossless
    • Casdha
      Casdha
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wonder why they don't put outfits like this in their cinematic trailers? </sarcasm>
      Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Malyore
      Malyore
      ✭✭✭
      Excited for the new animations and adornments! Been saving up Crowns for something like this on my sorc. The skins and mounts are a hard pass for me though. It makes the towns ugly with clutter imo.
      Edited by Malyore on 26 March 2024 07:02
    • VisitHammerfell
      VisitHammerfell
      ✭✭✭
      I hope I get the Storm Atro poly & the Vvardvark mount. Trying to save my seals/gems for a Radiant Apex Guar and the Frost Atro dwarven spider so hope I at least get one of the things I want. Also new monkey pet! Hope that Diamond Anniversary crates will be less flashy though.
      FOR THE COVENANT!
      PS NA 2200+ CP
      🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
      🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
      🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    • moo_2021
      moo_2021
      ✭✭✭✭
      Is the Radiant Apex Rewards list ordered by cost? 1200 gems for Galerion's Indrik? I bought too many :(
    • alternatelder
      alternatelder
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's another reason I've severely reduced my playtime in ESO, it's seeing, loud, annoying flashy mounts (the worst thing added to crates), stupid recalls, harvesting animations-that meteor one looks like it'll be especially annoying. Glad I got back into Fallout 76.
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's another reason I've severely reduced my playtime in ESO, it's seeing, loud, annoying flashy mounts (the worst thing added to crates), stupid recalls, harvesting animations-that meteor one looks like it'll be especially annoying. Glad I got back into Fallout 76.

Yeah, the mounts that are not only flashy, but land with a crash are totally obnoxious. I always think someone’s overcompensating when I see one. The new recalls are indeed visually obnoxious, but the harvesting animations are at least only visible to the player.

While the radiant apex are always over-the-top, I am hopeful that this crate’s apex mounts will be nice. My favorite apex remains the first I ever got, my Nenalata Ayleid Horse. Nothing flashy or silly, just a well-designed mount that actually fits in the world of Tamriel. :)
      Edited by Araneae6537 on 26 March 2024 14:45
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Yeah, the mounts that are not only flashy, but land with a crash and book are totally obnoxious. I always think someone’s overcompensating when I see one. The new recalls are indeed visually obnoxious, but the harvesting animations are at least only visible to the player.

While the radiant apex are always over-the-top, I am hopeful that this crate’s apex mounts will be nice. My favorite apex remains the first I ever got, my Nenalata Ayleid Horse. Nothing flashy or silly, just a well-designed mount that actually fits in the world of Tamriel. :)

i also really like the Ayleid apex mounts, the wolf is one of my favourite mounts

🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Belegnole
      Belegnole
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Personally, I like the flashy mounts. Obviously many others do as well, or ZOS wouldn't keep making them. As to the concept that they don't fit into the game, that's just rubbish. We have characters casting colorful spells, staves tossing fireballs and lighting. Nonstop bright flashy combat.

Plus, ZOS decides everything about the world we play in, not us.
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Belegnole wrote: »
      Personally, I like the flashy mounts. Obviously many others do as well, or ZOS wouldn't keep making them. As to the concept that they don't fit into the game, that's just rubbish. We have characters casting colorful spells, staves tossing fireballs and lighting. Nonstop bright flashy combat.

Plus, ZOS decides everything about the world we play in, not us.

Of course ZOS decides, but the original aesthetic of the game was more muted, more of a realistic palette, not flashy for the most part. Compare it to GW2 which is more fanciful. What, in my opinion, looks good in one world would look out of place in another.

I just wish that ZOS would stop making so much over-the-top glowing and radiating effects, whether a player wants it or not, like Nightblade’s broken Grim Focus ability (a class I’d originally chosen in part for it’s comparatively less flashy visuals…).

And for the most part, I’m happy for players to have options, including those I wouldn’t choose myself, I only feel that some of the recalls and mount summons are disruptive. Also in the game design, Idk who at ZOS thinks flashing lights are a good idea; I now reflexively close my eyes after scrying or when approaching the final boss in a dungeon (thankfully new dungeons don’t employ the blinding scroll for HM) to protect myself from the inane flash of light. :unamused:
      Edited by Araneae6537 on 26 March 2024 15:16
    • moo_2021
      moo_2021
      ✭✭✭✭

Hey they're the only reason I spend crowns.

Fallout world is creepy and depressing.