The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Battleground Maps

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Battleground maps, Mor Khazgur and Deeping Drome. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy the new maps? Which was your favorite?
  • Did you find any exploit issues, such as locations you could access that you shouldn’t have?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Battlegrounds are once again No-CP for all levels.
    • Decreased the respawn timer for player character to 20 seconds from 30 seconds for Chaosball in Ald Carac.
    • Increased the Alliance Point rewards for your team’s placement in Battlegrounds. This equates to the following:
      • 100% increase in AP if your team comes in first place, or a new total of 12,000 AP
      • 175% increase in AP if your team comes in second place, or a new total of 11,000 AP
      • 400% increase in AP if your team comes in third place, or a new total of 10,000 AP

Oh man - 10,000 AP for 3rd place?

Are you sure you want to convert BG into an AP farm ZOSi?

You will have teams there purposefully formed for farming it in most efficient way you know? Their only job will be to loose ASAP. That means
    10,000 AP in ~5 minutes?
    100,000 AP in one hour?

Edited by Didgerion on 8 January 2018 20:42
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

You will have teams there purposefully formed for farming it in most efficient way you know? Their only job will be to loose ASAP. That means
    10,000 AP in ~5 minutes?

100,000 AP in one hour?

If it means the most efficient AP farm no longer involves Certain Notorious shenanigans in Cyrodiil, then I'm 100% okay with this.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side I can't wait to play more capture the relic (sarcasm). Seriously can we get some kind of balance with what game mode we get? Played 30 matches last week, 3 were death match and I DC'd from one....
    Edited by Hutch679 on 8 January 2018 20:44
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

10,000 AP in ~5 minutes?

100,000 AP in one hour?

If it means the most efficient AP farm no longer involves Certain Notorious shenanigans in Cyrodiil, then I'm 100% okay with this.

Unfortunately Notorious shenanigans in Cyrodiil are not going anyway as there will always be players that does not have Morrowind copy.

What concerns me is that small groups that can add value to Cirodiil gameplay will switch to BGs for fast AP farming.
    That won't add game value to BG either.

And as result (if not fixed) will create an AP inflation - so you might end up with AP Vendor selling rings for 1000K up from 500K ap.
  • RPGrenade
    RPGrenade
    ✭✭
    I haven't had a chance to try the new maps, but I am very excited about the increased rewards for BGs. I love the addition of Battlegrounds, but the current low rewards means I have to balance the progression value of more rewarding content against them when budgeting my time. This makes that a lot easier. I could see small adjustments made (maybe a slight further increase for winning, so people don't throw matches), but otherwise it looks great.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know if this is the thread for it, but regarding this ap buff, first i think it's a great addition since it was really lackluster comparing to cyro in terms of ap gains, however while you're at it, why not also give some love for the def tick in cyro as well?

After the capture ap increase, people dont care at all about defending keeps, just follow the train and capturing is more profitable
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reward of 3rd place should be decreased to half of 1st place - 6k ap. Otherwise it will be pain for solo queuers coz high amount of pve players that will grind AP by simply stand on respawn and still getting high ap returns (this already happens sometimes)
    Their logic will be - as not participating other 2 teams will ends match faster, faster matches - higher ap returns by doing nothing.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Increased the Alliance Point rewards for your team’s placement in Battlegrounds. This equates to the following:
      • First place: 12,000 AP
      • Second place: 10,000 AP
      • Third place: 7,000 AP
    • Apherius
      Apherius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Cinbri wrote: »
      Reward of 3rd place should be decreased to half of 1st place - 6k ap. Otherwise it will be pain for solo queuers coz high amount of pve players that will grind AP by simply stand on respawn and still getting high ap returns (this already happens sometimes)
      Their logic will be - as not participating other 2 teams will ends match faster, faster matches - higher ap returns by doing nothing.

hum, I'm a PVE boy, please don't put everyone in the same bag ... Everysingle player you see afk when the match starts isn't inevitably a " pve boy ". this stupid logic can come from PVP players as it can come from PVE players, like the toxicity.

Unfortunaly your are right on the fact that " a lot of players " will farm AP by doing this, it's not worse than cyrodiil zerg farming AP by taking keep and ressource, or Afk players in keep. it's as bad as all that. And all these person don't deserve their PVP rank ...

I also hope they will decrease the AP reward of 3rd place. I love battleground.

Edited by Apherius on 12 January 2018 06:18
    • Cinbri
      Cinbri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Apherius wrote: »

hum, I'm a PVE boy, please don't put everyone in the same bag ... Everysingle player you see afk when the match starts isn't inevitably a " pve boy ". this stupid logic can come from PVP players as it can come from PVE players, like the toxicity.

Unfortunaly your are right on the fact that " a lot of players " will farm AP by doing this, it's not worse than cyrodiil zerg farming AP by taking keep and ressource, or Afk players in keep. it's as bad as all that. And all these person don't deserve their PVP rank ...

I also hope they will decrease the AP reward of 3rd place. I love battleground.

No personal offense ofc but I judge from double ap event back on eu when pve guilds, including top raid one started to massively breaking tos to gain ap at all cost and resulted in 300 accounts banned.
      And with current ap gain on bg past acts proved that will inevitable happens the same - people who dont want to pvp will come for free ap and ruin enjoyment for those who came for fights (it wont be fun when you will be faced with 3 man premade of those people- will make either being melted in fights alone or forced to leave match). But this time it wont be breaking tos and they cant be punished, and that will only encourage them.
      I hope zos wont do such a stupid mistake again by allowing it.
    • Mojomonkeyman
      Mojomonkeyman
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting this, Cinbri.

Knowing ESO community since prerelease this is exactly what is going to be happening. And it wont be the premades being punished by ap-farming-afk'ers, it will be the guys queuing solo having half their team standing in spawn or not participating in match. This will further devalue solo queing while premades are not affected at all (despite maybe quicker wins vs pugs consisting of 50% ap-farmers) while any solo motivated bg player will get frustrated to no end.

The incentive for losing is far too big, people should be encouraged in their attempt trying to win - not to wait it out. 3rd place does deserve more AP than now, but we need a cut to half of what winning earns to not encourage foul play.
      Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    • Solariken
      Solariken
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm glad you decided to increase AP gains for battlegrounds. However, it is absolutely critical that you tie AP gains to personal performance as well as team win. 10k AP is WAYYY too much for the losing team - it will promote too much kill farming and ignoring objectives.

The majority of AP gains should come from personal medal score - maybe 2:1 AP to medal ratio. Then reduce flat AP end-of-match reward to 8k, 6k, and 4k for respective team placement.
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      byr3sds3yy81.jpg

6mbast25q5e4.png
      Battlegrounds
      • Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.

Ha! They heard my feedback! @ZOS_GinaBruno <3

GJ!
    • Solohope
      Solohope
      ✭✭✭
      byr3sds3yy81.jpg

6mbast25q5e4.png
      Battlegrounds
      • Reduced the rewards for finishing in second place to 10000 AP, and third place to 7000 AP.

Ha! They heard my feedback! @ZOS_GinaBruno <3

GJ!

They did it wrong IMHO. 3rd should give 5k, 2nd should give 10k, 1st should give 13k. This way people won't queue to lose and 2nd people (people who actually tried) won't be taking a thick L.
      PC NA - @Solohope
    • Nihility42
      Nihility42
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

On Mor Khazgur there are multiple locations where you can fall off the edge and survive by having a large health pool and holding block. This has been regularly abused in games on Chaosball where one team will all fall down to the edge of the map and camp with the ball, inaccessible to the other team.