The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How can I beat Maebroogha the Void Lich in the arena Vateshran Hollows?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
How can I beat Maebroogha the Void Lich in the arena Vateshran Hollows? Someone I always end up out of stamina in this Void Eruption mixed with AOE effects of defeated mini bosses. I've beaten her down 2x to 10%.

After a while my eyes just tear because of all those flashing colors on the screen.

Thank you!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop dodging so much. Kite around your primary damage target while all your AoEs are on them and just nuke nuke nuke.
  • Houshiki
    Houshiki
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tried and true method for defeating and killing anything and everything: *ahem* HIT IT UNTIL IT DIES!! ;)

Seriously though, avoid dodge rolling unless you absolutely need to, and instead kite adds around the boss. Keep everything in your aoes while burning the boss as you continue to circle it.

As for the void eruption, that happens when the boss hits 10%, meaning its time for a portal phase. There's a grand total of 3 portal phases, one for each red, blue, and green. So you'll have to avoid 3 void eruptions, do 3 portal phases, and then burn her health bar a 4th time to finally kill her.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When she gets close to 10% make sure to stay near your intended portal (but not right on the edge in case of a cheeky tether) so you don't have to sprint. Spam an execute if you have it but save your ulti, you'll need it inside the portal.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have enough burst, ignore those witches with DPS check and go directly for main boss.

If not, try to get range, cause in melee its quite hard to pass this check (with templar I had countless tries, with Warden I didn't die once because of them)

Meanwhile, try to clear the main floor, cause in the end, after 3rd platform you will get massive dmg from all three miniboses, so mobs could make difference between life and death.

Also, always position youself close to platform you will be using and try to save Ultimate for each platform run - the less time you spend there, the less health recovery main boss gets.

In the end main boss dies quite quickly so go for her and burn to te ground ;)

EDIT: Oh, and if you run out of resources at the end of fight, try to reevaluate your build. Check your class skills for sustain (active & passive), maybe get soul trap on your back bar, get good food (my favourite is Lava soup ;) ) and as the last resort, switch enchants on jewelry to stamina recovery.
    Edited by Ippokrates on 5 May 2021 11:57
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also suggest if you keep dying at the last few percentages, try and clear out some of the adds before burning. The big boney bois, with multiple up, can easy kill you if their attacks line up together. You can stay on top of the interruptable fire add and focus it quickly or at least be close enough to bash. Saves you from having to dodgeroll.

If you're a sorc or a nb, you can skip the circle of adds who close in around you, too, saving you time and resources and the targeting hassle. Streak or summon shade (that you teleport too), respectively.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Concentrate on the adds and keeping your healing up. Try not to panic and overuse your skills and thereby get into sustain issues. If you're getting low, heavy attack. Lots of stuff on the floor. Stay out of it. The boss is really your least concern.

Just have a good source of heals (the more the better), concentrate on the adds, do consistent damage, work the mechanics, and ALWAYS be aware of where your next portal is. After awhile it becomes pretty easy. Good luck!!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am stuck on this boss too. I tried it before CP 2.0 but haven’t got the nerve to try since.

I can burn the boss down easy. I can make it through 2 portals but can’t make the 3rd one. Too many adds and too much damage.

Signed: mediocre stamblade
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    I am stuck on this boss too. I tried it before CP 2.0 but haven’t got the nerve to try since.

I can burn the boss down easy. I can make it through 2 portals but can’t make the 3rd one. Too many adds and too much damage.

Signed: mediocre stamblade

That's exactly my issue.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do it on magblade
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also stuck on this boss. My main issue, is that some classes can bypass dps check of circle, while others have to fight through. Also, the fact, that the more dps you have, the less you have to worry about mechanics. Healers, tanks, older people get harder fights then everyone else, for no logical reason. I am also stuck on third stage. Too much damage, and collossi always staying before circle mob, so only aoes count, makes it too stressful.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Lintashi wrote: »
    ...My main issue, is that some classes can bypass dps check of circle, while others have to fight through...

I think that all classes could bypass the dps check, by using the 'Undo' ultimate (or any of its morhps):
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skillline/psijic-order

Yes, requires Summerset and good positioning/timing, but it's possible to skip it that way.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »
    Lintashi wrote: »
    ...My main issue, is that some classes can bypass dps check of circle, while others have to fight through...

I think that all classes could bypass the dps check, by using the 'Undo' ultimate (or any of its morhps):
    https://eso-skillbook.com/skillline/psijic-order

Yes, requires Summerset and good positioning/timing, but it's possible to skip it that way.

I'm pretty sure someone "debunked" this. They tried repeatedly and it killed them every time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562928/psijic-ultimate-undo-and-vateshran-hollows-debunked

You CAN, however, survive the add center explosion with enough health and shielding. I recall watching someone eat the adds coming in around them with barrier but now I can't find the video so take that with a grain of salt. Note that this was letting them reach center and doing their explosion, not barriering and then running through the line.

Focus add control. Make sure to not hit any of the deactivated bone colossus with aoes and kill the active one when it's up so you don't have two at a time. You can just let aoes/cleaves work on the boss; after third portal she will never heal again so it isn't a race to get her down. Keeping adds under control is a slower burn, but makes it way easier.

Ring of Pale Order is a huge help as well.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another note: Flameshapers need to be interrupted. They start channeling a spinning wheel of fire above their heads, and if you don't stop them, you're going to eat a lot of damage. Doing red portal last will make sure you only have them to worry about in the last stage.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Hal
    Hal
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that the game cannot actually Focus on the Focused monster - specifically bothersome in that place due to the exploding fence guys.

I've watched, as attacks meant to be aimed forward at the glowing white target directly in front of my face, decide to hit the big bone dude three feet away to my left FOR SOME REASON.

Anyways, suffice is to say; plan to use mostly AOE damage in Vateshran Hollows. Try using an ulti as often as possible in there. It's worked for me... And if something works for me, that's usually saying something... (Pair with health back upon damage, and then you don't have to run around the whole place as much.)
    Just a suggestion, feel free to disregard it. Good luck!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do it on magblade

No. My stamblade is my main and has all the achievements.

I was able to complete Maelstrom Arena the first time I tried but I spent two hours on just this boss and still could not complete.

It should be doable on any class/toon with a good build.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it on magblade

I was able to complete Maelstrom Arena the first time I tried but I spent two hours on just this boss and still could not complete.

More vigor? Idk about stamblade but when I was doing it on my stamden, if I foresaw lots of incoming damage vigor was 4 seconds God mode.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    I am an orcish stamina DK with the following build:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    I am an orcish stamina DK with the following build:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

R u using the aoe setup?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hal wrote: »
    I've noticed that the game cannot actually Focus on the Focused monster - specifically bothersome in that place due to the exploding fence guys.

I've watched, as attacks meant to be aimed forward at the glowing white target directly in front of my face, decide to hit the big bone dude three feet away to my left FOR SOME REASON.

Anyways, suffice is to say; plan to use mostly AOE damage in Vateshran Hollows. Try using an ulti as often as possible in there. It's worked for me... And if something works for me, that's usually saying something... (Pair with health back upon damage, and then you don't have to run around the whole place as much.)
    Just a suggestion, feel free to disregard it. Good luck!
    @Hal , you're experiencing the hot garbage that is targeting in this game. Couple that with the fact the adds are specifically coded to step right in between you and your intended target makes it an even bigger pain.

Your best bet to compensate for their poor coding is to stand of side, as much as you can. Don't directly line-of-sight the add you're after, so when everything else steps in front, you can shift to the other side and try to maintain some kind of focus on your target in question.

This gets tricky as the line comes closer and various other AoE gets dropped on your face, but you can usually manage to break the line before hand. Last bit of advice, once the line is broken, unless you're already standing in AoE, let the opening come to/through you. You don't have to specifically move out of it unless they're getting ready to explode. In that case, roll dodge forward through the 18 things also blocking you in and hope the garbage code actually registers the direction you're trying to go.

What makes it worse, the boss hovering 10 feet in the air has a hitbox that goes all the way to the ground, but usually only when the circle is incoming.

Targeting should be line of sight, period, paragraph. Unfortunately, the devs missed ray casting 101, or they just don't care enough to fix it.

Either way, good luck. Hopefully some of this helps.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Do it on magblade

More vigor? Idk about stamblade but when I was doing it on my stamden, if I foresaw lots of incoming damage vigor was 4 seconds God mode.

Just want to note that echoing vigor may be useful for some people over the 4 second resolving. You don't often need a huge burst heal like that and with echoing you have it ticking longer to allow you to keep it up more often while DPSing.

To the stamblade, I recommend the shadow image morph of summon shade. It will let you 100% bypass the linked adds. This is a huge boon because it lets you keep your DPS focused on other high-priority adds (like flameshapers) or the boss.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have Vigor but that can drain your stamina pool further. I have a good AOE build for NB too.

I’d really like to complete this arena, on NORMAL, mind you, just like Maelstrom.

I read in patch notes recently that some of the mobs had their hp reduced I think. Maybe that would help, I had to drop an ult just to break through their ring in time before that patch.

But really, this was a terrible slog for two hours just to get to this point. The lurcher multi-boss, and then the Minotaur boss. Man, I had hoped I was done after that, but no. So many mechanics going on at the same time.

Seriously, this was the most un-fun four hours of my life. Not sure I want to try again.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor on a stam toon costs almost as much as a spammable, it barely drains stamina. roll dodge drains your stam much more. Then again, if you don't enjoy the content I wouldn't recommend doing it. Unless it is a love hate relationship then it is fine.
    Edited by zvavi on 8 May 2021 10:45
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigor on a stam toon costs almost as much as a spammable, it barely drains stamina. roll dodge drains your stam much more. Then again, if you don't enjoy the content I wouldn't recommend doing it. Unless it is a love hate relationship then it is fine.

Maybe. I’m just responding to a previous post. I can’t recall how many times I used vigor, but the amount of damage directed towards me while trying to keep up a rotation and avoid standing in damage was too great.

The first suggestion was to run on magblade. I don’t have a magblade. Long have I argued the magicka toons have a great advantage over stamina toons and I think this just illustrates it.

How many of you think this arena was easy and ran it on a stamina toon?

Again, I completed Maelstrom Arena in two hours fairly easily and after four hours I had to stop this arena while being so close to the end. Very disappointing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe. I’m just responding to a previous post. I can’t recall how many times I used vigor, but the amount of damage directed towards me while trying to keep up a rotation and avoid standing in damage was too great.

The first suggestion was to run on magblade. I don’t have a magblade. Long have I argued the magicka toons have a great advantage over stamina toons and I think this just illustrates it.

Again, I completed Maelstrom Arena in two hours fairly easily and after four hours I had to stop this arena while being so close to the end. Very disappointing.

If you can, equip a 2H weapon and use the Brawler skill. I've heard it makes it easier for Stam.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:Slowly raises hand:
    Tbh it was easier on my magsorc, but ultimately it was because I have so much more experience on my magsorc than anything else, surge healing so well, and range advantage. Pale order definitely removes the surge advantage, and all that is left is the (small) range advantage. Since I don't have pale order, I was forced into slowing down, killing colossi and doing mechanics on my stamden (only first phase!), but generally it didn't make it too much harder and I saw the wall mechanic maybe once a run (magden I also just ignore everything and nuke).

Tbh I would be running vVH on more characters, but honestly only 2/11 dds are set up for me after the patch that reset everything.
    Edited by zvavi on 9 May 2021 10:26
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go watch Alcast on youtube
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1

I'll reiterate running ECHOING vigor over resolving. The heal lasts longer which means you generally have to cast it less.

Use the shadow image morph of summon shade to completely skip the ring of adds closing in around you.

Get Ring of the Pale Order if you've access to antiquities, run Briarheart and 2h brawler. Between echoing, briarheart, brawler shield and pale order, survivability should be fine. Also remember to pick up the health orbs from the fire arena to boost your health. (Do portals in this order: The Wounding, Brimstone, Hunter's Grotto. This will let you pick up health and stam buffs.)

I nabbed spirit slayer my second run through on stam sorc. Even just a couple of the health boosts and passive healing really make this arena a lot easier.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I have to switch my build from bow/dw to 2h and run a magicka skill (summon shade) on my stamblade to do this?

Don’t you think that is a bit excessive? Because the regular stamblade build won’t work?

Does no one else see a problem here?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have to switch my build from bow/dw to 2h and run a magicka skill (summon shade) on my stamblade to do this?

Don’t you think that is a bit excessive? Because the regular stamblade build won’t work?

You don't, it's just dramatically easier.

Here's a vid that might help. It looks to me like he's not using shade, or a 2H, and doesn't have echoing vigor either. But it's honestly hard to tell because I'm using a phone and have bad eyesight. The player in this vid also doesn't have optimized dps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWvJGGA4XVw
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 May 2021 06:13
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will work, just having ability to skip the ring + constant shield is really handy if you struggle.
    Also 'regular' stamblade builds utilize Dark Shade morph because it scales off highest stat. Shadow Image won't do much damage due to it's immobile nature but will teleport you out of the ring.