Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Psijic Ultimate “Undo” and Vateshran Hollows: Debunked.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
I got to the champions circle and regarding the “Ring Mechanic,” thought the Psijic ultimate “undo” would work similarly to sorcerers streak and Nightblades teleport strike to allow bypassing the ring mechanic.

Unfortunately, it “did not work.” undo literally cannot be used to pass through the ring for two reasons.
  1. The speed at which the shades travel which is pretty slow guarantees that you cannot pass through as it is difficult to pinpoint exactly where you are going to be 4 seconds ago beforehand.
  2. Ultimate upkeep while fine depending on the situation (Necromancers have a better ultimate upkeep with Necrotic potency/Deaden Pain.) Between rings will potentially result in a slightly significant drop in DPS, especially on veteran.

Tl:dr: No universal ring bypass, Sorcerers and Nightblades both are the only ones by far to my knowledge, with at least one ability catered to bypassing the ring mechanic.
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the instant death dps race mechanics are seriously annoying. Would be much better as just a very high damage attack that can be shielded block tanked no?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be an tolerable mechanic if targeting actually worked worth a damn and adds weren't coded to block the one you're trying to focus.

I've tried it with DK leap, too, but the game usually picks something 6 inches in front of me instead of the tab targeted, clear line of site add 20 meters away.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the nightblade trick to; that seems to have been fixed too. Instadeath.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, why not just follow the mechs?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I tried the nightblade trick to; that seems to have been fixed too. Instadeath.

Shade one still worked couple weeks back, idk about teleport strike.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be an tolerable mechanic if targeting actually worked worth a damn and adds weren't coded to block the one you're trying to focus.

I've tried it with DK leap, too, but the game usually picks something 6 inches in front of me instead of the tab targeted, clear line of site add 20 meters away.

Have to choose a different angle and get your tab target quickly than it doesn’t matter if adds get in the way. The worst part is flame spinner spawning outside the tether when you don’t have a ranged interrupt. RIP 🤣
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to choose a different angle and get your tab target quickly than it doesn’t matter if adds get in the way. The worst part is flame spinner spawning outside the tether when you don’t have a ranged interrupt. RIP 🤣

He doesn't fire that many projectiles, dodge 2 skills dodge and it usually ends with hitting you only once.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to the champions circle and regarding the “Ring Mechanic,” thought the Psijic ultimate “undo” would work similarly to sorcerers streak and Nightblades teleport strike to allow bypassing the ring mechanic.

Unfortunately, it “did not work.” undo literally cannot be used to pass through the ring for two reasons.
    1. The speed at which the shades travel which is pretty slow guarantees that you cannot pass through as it is difficult to pinpoint exactly where you are going to be 4 seconds ago beforehand.
    2. Ultimate upkeep while fine depending on the situation (Necromancers have a better ultimate upkeep with Necrotic potency/Deaden Pain.) Between rings will potentially result in a slightly significant drop in DPS, especially on veteran.

Tl:dr: No universal ring bypass, Sorcerers and Nightblades both are the only ones by far to my knowledge, with at least one ability catered to bypassing the ring mechanic.

Lol, that wording killed me
    Edited by itscompton on May 9, 2021 5:29AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see any issue with that mechanic. The only mechanic that is poorly done (imo) is that there is no cap for how much Health the boss can regen while you’re in portal.... I do very fast runs so I tend to 250k-300k Health regenerated each time. People doing normally-paces runs will see boss health regen to 500k-1mil+ Health.

There should be a cap of 500k Health because it extends the fight for low-medium DPS players by a huge amount rn.