The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial Edition - Ability to craft Imperial Style Gear

Cydone
Cydone
✭✭✭✭
I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition in order to receive certain benefits. 5 day early access, a mount, a race, better xp gain. But one of the things I am NOT receiving is the ability to craft Imperial Style armor. Doesn't show up on the list of styles I have the knowledge for. Now, some people will say,"Well get the Motif for it." Even though I've never seen one for sale. But, that's NOT what it says on their site right now or even when I bought it. On the ESO store, it says as a bonus for buying the Imperial Edition, you have the ABILITY to craft Imperial Style Gear. This is not the case. Where is my Imperial Edition - Imperial Style bonus that I should have received by spending an additional $20 on the game?? Here's a screenshot of it, and have to say, since this is not being given to the ppl that have purchased the Imperial Edition, it's using quite deceptive wording, possibly bordering on false advertisement:

2reh0cz.jpg
Edited by Cydone on 20 April 2014 12:37
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Craft gear using Nickel
    Step 2. Equip gear

Hey, you now are rockin' Imperial style.

If you get a drop that is not crafted (Bind on Equip), once you equip the item, simply Right Click on it on your paperdoll screen and choose CONVERT TO IMPERIAL as the option. It will reskin the item to be Imperial style.

DIsclaimer: Quite a few bound items (mainly quest rewards) as well as certain BoE pieces (mainly armor set pieces such as Shadows, Dragon, etc.) cannot be converted to Imperial style because they do not use a standard racial style but instead have unique models.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • MigzPT
    MigzPT
    Regarding to this, its not a false "advertising" but maybe a simple system error during the purchase. I can confirm this because I am able to craft Imperial Gear, and even transform them for quickly process.
    I recommend you to contact the support immediately, since they are the only ones who can deal with the issue at the moment.

And also, there is an Imperial Motif, but this is only for players who does not own the Imperial Edition/Upgrade, but in your case you don't need to use that Motif.

And if when you are signed-in in the store, and the Imperial Edition page shows "Buy Now" sign instead of "You already own this item", it means there must have been some problems during the pre-ordering/purchase.

But as I said, the best you can do, is contact the support ;)
  • Quidel
    Quidel
    i have the same problem, and no having nickel doesn't solve it. i have tons of nickel and can still only craft my race's gear.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    MigzPT wrote: »
    Regarding to this, its not a false "advertising" but maybe a simple system error during the purchase. I can confirm this because I am able to craft Imperial Gear, and even transform them for quickly process.
    I recommend you to contact the support immediately, since they are the only ones who can deal with the issue at the moment.

And also, there is an Imperial Motif, but this is only for players who does not own the Imperial Edition/Upgrade, but in your case you don't need to use that Motif.

And if when you are signed-in in the store, and the Imperial Edition page shows "Buy Now" sign instead of "You already own this item", it means there must have been some problems during the pre-ordering/purchase.

But as I said, the best you can do, is contact the support ;)
    I am not signed in on that screenshot. Thought better of possibly giving away any of my account info in a screenshot lol.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Craft gear using Nickel
    Step 2. Equip gear

Hey, you now are rockin' Imperial style.

If you get a drop that is not crafted (Bind on Equip), once you equip the item, simply Right Click on it on your paperdoll screen and choose CONVERT TO IMPERIAL as the option. It will reskin the item to be Imperial style.

DIsclaimer: Quite a few bound items (mainly quest rewards) as well as certain BoE pieces (mainly armor set pieces such as Shadows, Dragon, etc.) cannot be converted to Imperial style because they do not use a standard racial style but instead have unique models.

Step 1: Re-read my post, as I state it's not showing up on the crafting screen as a style I have the knowledge to craft.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to be a glitch with certain toons as well. I can craft Imp all day long on my NB and can't do it at all on my Sorc.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

Step 1: Re-read my post, as I state it's not showing up on the crafting screen as a style I have the knowledge to craft.

No need for the snarkiness, I'm trying to be helpful.

If you can't right click an item and Convert to Imperial then you are probably experiencing the bug same as I am of not being able to do so on all of your toons. See my most recent post for that info.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

No need for the snarkiness, I'm trying to be helpful.

If you can't right click an item and Convert to Imperial then you are probably experiencing the bug same as I am of not being able to do so on all of your toons. See my most recent post for that info.

Oh I can convert things all day long. I just can't craft them. Which is why I am posting this here. Instead of sending in some ticket that will email me some generic response in 3-5 days and not be fixed for me any time soon, posting it here gives voice to the issue and allows others to give voice to it as well, if they are having the same problem.
    Edited by Cydone on 20 April 2014 04:12
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing as an Imperial? My Imperial character is the only one out of my 8 that can craft Imperial (although each of them can convert gear to Imperial style).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Are you playing as an Imperial? My Imperial character is the only one out of my 8 that can craft Imperial (although each of them can convert gear to Imperial style).

I think this explains it. My NB is an Imp and my Sorc is a Dark Elf.

It appears that only Imperials can craft in the Imperial style by default.

The other races must Convert to Imperial.

It should not affect anything, IMO, since you can just craft it in any style of your choice and then convert it.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, and that is not stated anywhere on the store as being a requirement to craft the armor. As I said, deceptive wording.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

I think this explains it. My NB is an Imp and my Sorc is a Dark Elf.

It appears that only Imperials can craft in the Imperial style by default.

The other races must Convert to Imperial.

It should not affect anything, IMO, since you can just craft it in any style of your choice and then convert it.

Actually it does affect me. As this wasn't stated anywhere as being a requirement to craft the armor itself, I have leveled up a Wood Elf in all the main skills...ie...Woodworking, blacksmith and clothing. This should available for ALL characters across your account. Not just the imperial ones.
    Edited by Cydone on 22 April 2014 23:01
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, and that is not stated anywhere on the store as being a requirement to craft the armor. As I said, deceptive wording.

I am curious to know as to what the difference is between crafting it and converting it after crafting it.

Is this related to the status of the item (Bind on Equip vs. Bound to Toon?)
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

I am curious to know as to what the difference is between crafting it and converting it after crafting it.

I like to craft things, as many ppl do. I enjoy it. Since there was nothing said about being an actual Imperial as a requirement, I am now going to have to re-level all 3 of those crafting specialties, because of poor wording on ZOS's part?? That's BS right there!

• redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭

It becomes bound to account once you convert it. So you cannot give or sell it to someone else. Knowing the style however is quite different, though that one seems to be quite rare. I have only gotten one so far.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

It becomes bound to account once you convert it. So you cannot give or sell it to someone else. Knowing the style however is quite different, though that one seems to be quite rare. I have only gotten one so far.

This. It completely negates my ability to craft the armor, as I'm not about to spend 2-3 weeks to re-level all those specialties for this. Deceptive wording most definitely.
  • Writer
    Writer
    ✭✭
    If it is the case, which is seems like it is, then it needs to be stated that way. From the sound of "Ability to craft Imperial Armor when crafting gear" and the way Motiffs work, one would assume that you could craft the armor across all characters. I know I did.

Of course, I did wonder why we would get the ability to convert to Imperial also.
    Edited by Writer on 20 April 2014 04:28
    Cyras - Ebonheart Dragonknight - Sanguine's Tester
    Artist | Crafter | Heavy RPer | PvE | Writer
    There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Drakonklenok
    Drakonklenok
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, really, got to relevel it because instead of crafting in that style, you can convert it...which is actually more flexible since you can craft it in any style and just....convert. Of all the issues plaguing this game, THIS is the one you are choosing to have a tantrum over.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that is a good design, IMO. If only Imperials can craft BoE Imp Style gear, it keeps the market from being flooded and adds value to the perk. If everyone could craft Imp style gear, it would be somewhat worthless as a perk, and definitely not worth extra real-life money; that in and of itself would probably result in far more upset customers.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writer wrote: »
    If is the case, which is seems like it is, then it needs to be stated that way. From the sound of "Ability to craft Imperial Armor when crafting gear" and the way Motiffs work, one would assume that you could craft the armor across all characters. I know I did.

Of course, I did wonder why we would get the ability to convert to Imperial also.

To the bolded, I thought this as being something like "Hey I just looted an epic <random loot here> and it's better than my current <random gear here>, but doesn't match my <random style here>."
    Edited by Cydone on 20 April 2014 04:32
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why they bring it up at all, we all know you can craft the gear of your race by default... And if you need a motiff like everyone who didn't buy the Imperial Edition, then it's really not a bonus at all.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, really, got to relevel it because instead of crafting in that style, you can convert it...which is actually more flexible since you can craft it in any style and just....convert. Of all the issues plaguing this game, THIS is the one you are choosing to have a tantrum over.

Hardly a tantrum lol. Simply stating facts. It doesn't say anywhere that you NEED to be an imperial in order to actually craft the style. And converting something doesn't give the same satisfaction, to me at least, as being able to just craft that style, itself.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. It completely negates my ability to craft the armor, as I'm not about to spend 2-3 weeks to re-level all those specialties for this. Deceptive wording most definitely.

So your expectation was that you would be able to craft Imperial Style Bind on Equip gear on any toon?

I do agree that the wording is ambiguous, at best, and this needs to be addressed. But I'm not entirely sure that ZOS was counting on players buying the Imperial Edition of the game and then not rolling an Imperial toon.

They should definitely reword it to explicitly state how Imperial crafting works and what the requirements are.
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    So your expectation was that you would be able to craft Imperial Style Bind on Equip gear on any toon?

I do agree that the wording is ambiguous, at best, and this needs to be addressed. But I'm not entirely sure that ZOS was counting on players buying the Imperial Edition of the game and then not rolling an Imperial toon.

They should definitely reword it to explicitly state how Imperial crafting works and what the requirements are.

I don't know anyone who bought the Imperial Edition to play an Imperial... They either got it for the other items(Horse especially), or they got the physical edition.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was. As was the expectation of every member of my guild that bought the Imperial Edition.
  • Drakonklenok
    Drakonklenok
    ✭✭✭

Hardly a tantrum lol. Simply stating facts. It doesn't say anywhere that you NEED to be an imperial in order to actually craft the style. And converting something doesn't give the same satisfaction, to me at least, as being able to just craft that style, itself.

Why would it be any different than any other style though, I mean, i can see your point, the way its worded implies that you can craft in that style on any character...However, technically speaking, they were correct, you can craft imperial style, provided you roll an imperial character.

Communication is rarely a strong suit with game companies, especially large and/or mmo based developers, and in this case, the transparency/communication is worse than normal.
  • Writer
    Writer
    ✭✭

To the bolded, I thought this as being something like "Hey I just looted an epic <random loot here> and it's better than my current <random gear here>, but doesn't match my <random style here>."

I did think this too, and then I got my first green drop. I went to convert it, so it would match the rest of my armor, and found that I couldn't. So, I assumed that it was the same for epics and legendaries unless I was|am bugged.
    Jake71887 wrote: »

I don't know anyone who bought the Imperial Edition to play an Imperial... They either got it for the other items(Horse especially), or they got the physical edition.
    I know I didn't buy it for the race. I bought it for the rings of Mara since I am always in a duo with my husband on a couple of our characters. The horse was the bonus.

Edited by Writer on 20 April 2014 04:41
    Cyras - Ebonheart Dragonknight - Sanguine's Tester
    Artist | Crafter | Heavy RPer | PvE | Writer
    There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. - Ernest Hemingway
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writer wrote: »
    If is the case, which is seems like it is, then it needs to be stated that way. From the sound of "Ability to craft Imperial Armor when crafting gear" and the way Motiffs work, one would assume that you could craft the armor across all characters. I know I did.

That was what I thought too. I agree that the description was unclear. Of course, as my main (who is also my primary crafter) is Imperial I barely noticed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't craft imperial gear. You equip the gear, right click it, and "convert to imperial style".
  • Jake71887
    Jake71887
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    You don't craft imperial gear. You equip the gear, right click it, and "convert to imperial style".

Why don't you craft Imperial Gear?