Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

balmora in morrowind, looks odd

Gilvoth
Gilvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
]
Edited by Gilvoth on 10 May 2019 05:27
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This looks a lot like Balmora to me. The Odai river runs through the town.

This is the place my character wants to have his home. Thank you homestead, sadly I have to wait till june before I can buy a house here (and I hope we can have a house here)

Edit:

The tower on the right and other side of river can also be seen on this screen:

morrowind-balmora.jpg
    Edited by Knootewoot on 2 February 2017 07:17
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:47
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    44149-14-1457151266.jpg

Miss old Morrowind, ha wish they would remake it into Skywind I heard they are but not sure when its coming out
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:51
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    This looks a lot like Balmora to me. The Odai river runs through the town.

This is the place my character wants to have his home. Thank you homestead, sadly I have to wait till june before I can buy a house here (and I hope we can have a house here)

i first thought balmora as well but it cant be balmora because of that bridge on the top right of the pic, that is not in balmora. atleast i dont ...

That bridge might be the city wall on my screenshot (where the siltstrider is). There might be differences due to the timeframe between the 2 games.

I DO hope it is Balmora
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:52
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:48
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that is not balmora. suran maybe, theres no way thats balmora

Not Suran. My bet is on Balmora.

But the question is: How can that sailboat go under that bridge. The boat is to big I think.

Edit: it's not a sail I think but some cover.
    Edited by Knootewoot on 2 February 2017 07:21
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks a lot like a modded version of Balmora. I forget the exact name, but I remember using it a lot back in 2004 or '05.
  • souravami
    souravami
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is 700 years before 3e427. Obviously there will be some changes in architecture. My bet is either Balmora or Suran. But Suran didn't have a river flowing throughout the town.
    PC NA
    vMOL. vAA HM. vHRC HM. vSO HM. vMA on every single class.
    "A game should be fun to play. Balance always comes second."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    remember that this morrowind expansionn will take place 700 years before the TES Morrowind time, so the cities could look different
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    44149-14-1457151266.jpg

Miss old Morrowind, ha wish they would remake it into Skywind I heard they are but not sure when its coming out

Last I checked with some of my fellow modders working on the project; Still a ways off. I remember they had to do a bunch of stuff right after the state of alpha and they'll probably clean up some meshes, textures, and sound along with the bug fixes and what not. Music, animation, loads of things are still needed and they're slooooooowly getting it done. They just need a lot more volunteers to help with the project.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and yes, ZOS confirmed that we will be able to buy a house in Vvanderfel :)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is Balmora.
    Also Balmora is on this screen too:
    C3hZ5mJWYAEf77t.jpg
    You can see and background dwemer tower of possibly Arkngthand.
    Edited by Cinbri on 2 February 2017 07:53
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Why people think the cities should look same as in Morrowind? 700 years! No city in real life look the same as 700 years before. I now we have close to no technological progress in TES world but still, civil wars, Septim conquers etc. could ravage and rebuild portions of the cities quite a few times.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that is Balmora. Can't wait to see it in its 700 y younger state.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talek wrote: »
    Why people think the cities should look same as in Morrowind? 700 years! No city in real life look the same as 700 years before. I now we have close to no technological progress in TES world but still, civil wars, Septim conquers etc. could ravage and rebuild portions of the cities quite a few times.

Because we are talking about race that outlives regular humans by far. Dunmer folk can live for many hundreds of years.
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait! Balmora is among the best in slot cities in Morrowind!
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind the city, that guard looks amazing.
  • wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    looks like nine-toes house to me
    I'm a casual now
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously Balmora.
    Also, the Armor looks pretty great, I hope each house will have a fitting Armor style or a set :smile:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Talek wrote: »

Because we are talking about race that outlives regular humans by far. Dunmer folk can live for many hundreds of years.

The fact that they live longer doesn't mean they keep all of their cities absolutely identical for hundreds of years. Humans in real life live for almost a hundred years, but my home town changed a lot in the 10 years since I left.

I can understand people expecting the overall architectural style and the geography to be the same, but insisting that it can't possibly be the same city because one bridge or tower looks different is absurd. And if people apply that logic to the rest of the game (especially the plot) we're going to have a lot of unhappy people when this update releases.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:50
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never in the history of the world has a city ever made a change as drastic as tearing down or building a bridge at some point during a 700 year time span. :|
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

This is Balmora.
    Also Balmora is on this screen too:
    C3hZ5mJWYAEf77t.jpg
    You can see and background dwemer tower of possibly Arkngthand.

where are you standing when this picture was taken ?
    looks to me like in front of the morag tong office in balmora.
    cant be sure tho.

Which one, 1st or second screen?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:49
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the entire Imperial City can be rotated 30 degrees, Cropsford exist 700 years ahead of time, and the size of Daggerfall go from being the size of a real life country to a small town, I'm sure a bridge that wasn't in the source game isn't extraordinarily out of the question. Maybe it went the way of the Colossus of Rhodes, considering the location.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on 2 February 2017 18:57
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.