Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

balmora in morrowind, looks odd

• Psychodellix
    Psychodellix
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a sail boat....its a schooner. lol
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a sail boat....its a schooner. lol

dc730ca3000b3efddaf426e2b082e41b.jpg

:D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    that is not balmora. suran maybe, theres no way thats balmora

This is Balmora.
    Also Balmora is on this screen too:
    C3hZ5mJWYAEf77t.jpg
    You can see and background dwemer tower of possibly Arkngthand.

this one
    If compare it with developer map of Balmora it going something like this:
    Red - Arkngthand tower
    Yellow - point of view
    Blue and Green - landmarks
    image.jpg

• Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Mad excited for Morrowind. I can't wait to see what the old cities will look like. Mournhold was very different from the Tribunal version, but then ESO probably features the below ground version of the TES: III Mournhold, I guess.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »
    Obviously Balmora.
    Also, the Armor looks pretty great, I hope each house will have a fitting Armor style or a set :smile:

that would be very fitting to the lore.

Yes, I would love a Telvanni cephalopod helmet!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got into so much ish there....we all prob did
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad excited for Morrowind. I can't wait to see what the old cities will look like. Mournhold was very different from the Tribunal version, but then ESO probably features the below ground version of the TES: III Mournhold, I guess.

I like Tribunal's Mournhold much better, tbh. Hopefully they make the Vvardenfell cities very similar, if not identical. Some buildings in Morrowind are very old, and should be kept the same.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are these actual images of the expansion? Where are these images coming from?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:53
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that bridge on the top right is out of place ...
    aint it ?

@dwemer_paleologist
    Nope, it's the outer wall that connects to the tower, just like the wall in the original picture does.

It looks to be exactly where it should be ...
    shades.gif
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    So... Balmora :)

8rLtSoJ.jpg
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a4395c356076e2ce7810e092771673e5.jpg

Who here thinks the boat can make it under the bridge?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is not balmora. suran maybe, theres no way thats balmora

The original tweet identifies the location as Balmora... so, yeah, that's Balmora.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got my image from:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

i don't know where the other peoples images are from. i wish i did tho, so i could see more.

The official Twitter account has been posting images sporadically since the announcement.
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    Just some more Balmora shots:

L50Dxj1.jpg

QLTf3XQ.jpg

N3WrwuS.jpg

kpfxgrP.jpg
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Talek wrote: »
    Why people think the cities should look same as in Morrowind? 700 years! No city in real life look the same as 700 years before. I now we have close to no technological progress in TES world but still, civil wars, Septim conquers etc. could ravage and rebuild portions of the cities quite a few times.

Because we are talking about race that outlives regular humans by far. Dunmer folk can live for many hundreds of years.

The fact that they live longer doesn't mean they keep all of their cities absolutely identical for hundreds of years. Humans in real life live for almost a hundred years, but my home town changed a lot in the 10 years since I left.

I can understand people expecting the overall architectural style and the geography to be the same, but insisting that it can't possibly be the same city because one bridge or tower looks different is absurd. And if people apply that logic to the rest of the game (especially the plot) we're going to have a lot of unhappy people when this update releases.

unfortunately tho "Pete Hines" said something to the effect:

"everything is almost exactly the same as it was in morrowind, not perfect but very close"

so i am holding him to that. and that bridge [if this is Balmora] is way out of line.

I highlighted the important (and subjective) word in that statement; Almost. And what 'almost' means to one might not be the exact same to others.

People should be very careful; if they hold hard & fast and unbending to their dreams, preconceptions and ideals about the expansion, all that's going to happen is they'll end up very disappointed when Morrowind launches.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on 2 February 2017 23:16
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play Morrowind in quite some time but Icould swear there were two bridges...
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balmora was my favorite city in morrpwibd
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost certainly Balmora, given the main geographic feature of a river running through it. I know some people are saying this element or that element is out of place, but I not only agree with the counterargument that it's 700 years before the events of TES 3, I would go a step farther and say that the in-game depictions are not immutable specifically because no modern game can support a realistic bustling city. Balmora in Morrowind was TINY compared to what a real city should be, but it had exactly as many interesting elements as it needed to give the appropriate "city feel". Never mind that a major city ought to support hundreds of thousands (or more) people, or that the urban sprawl is vastly underrepresented, those things simply can't be duplicated in a game unless the entire game is dedicated to a single city. As such, it is imperative that we give at least some leeway to the design team while maintaining demands for internal consistency. They appear to have given us all the major "essential Balmora" geographical features and aesthetics, and that is absolutely good enough in my book. I don't want them importing TES 3-era texture files just so that it's exactly consistent with previous representations.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play Morrowind in quite some time but Icould swear there were two bridges...

You can see them on the screeshots I posted, just one post before yours XD
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭

I like Tribunal's Mournhold much better, tbh. Hopefully they make the Vvardenfell cities very similar, if not identical. Some buildings in Morrowind are very old, and should be kept the same.

Yeah, me too. Tribunal's Mournhold felt more like a capital city, whereas the ESO version feels much smaller and less impressive (or imposing). The Balmora screenshot looks a lot like the original, though, so that's cool.

I might make my home in Ald'Ruhn.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very excited to see the Dwemer Ruin.

I wish we had a screenshot of one of the Daedric Ruins. I'm wondering if they've kept the weird angles to the buildings. That was the best part about them.

https://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/vvard_big_bal_fell.jpg

So many questions about what they've done with with it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno We need more screenshots!
    Edited by Tabbycat on 3 February 2017 14:54
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Talek wrote: »
    Why people think the cities should look same as in Morrowind? 700 years! No city in real life look the same as 700 years before. I now we have close to no technological progress in TES world but still, civil wars, Septim conquers etc. could ravage and rebuild portions of the cities quite a few times.

Because we are talking about race that outlives regular humans by far. Dunmer folk can live for many hundreds of years.

The fact that they live longer doesn't mean they keep all of their cities absolutely identical for hundreds of years. Humans in real life live for almost a hundred years, but my home town changed a lot in the 10 years since I left.

I can understand people expecting the overall architectural style and the geography to be the same, but insisting that it can't possibly be the same city because one bridge or tower looks different is absurd. And if people apply that logic to the rest of the game (especially the plot) we're going to have a lot of unhappy people when this update releases.

Again, comparing apples to oranges.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Never in the history of the world has a city ever made a change as drastic as tearing down or building a bridge at some point during a 700 year time span. :|
    This, you expect rivers to mostly be the same places, monumental buildings often survive either as they are massive like fortresses or they are high quality like temples or palaces. normal houses get rebuild many times and their style might well change, major streets will mostly stay.
    On earth cities has grown a lot this is not the cause in TES where population is fairly stable.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    a4395c356076e2ce7810e092771673e5.jpg

Who here thinks the boat can make it under the bridge?

It's perspective tricking your mind. The boat looks bigger because it's closer. The Bridge looks smaller because it's further away. If you move the boat further away from your view it'll get "smaller" and probably be able to fit under the bridge then.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on 12 March 2019 06:55