The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will ZOS ignore us forever?

• ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Yo,

i know. Clickbait title but i mean it like i wrote it.

Everyday a new thread is created complaining about the biggest issue in ESO. The horrible lag in Cyrodiil. Everyday. When they do ESO live stream the chat is spammend with questions about the ongoing lag in Cyrodiil.

They are not reacting to it. They are just ignoring it. No Comment on Forum, no Comment in Stream. There are now more then 4 Patches without any improvement to this major issue.

We really need an big improvement to this issue. With this lag competetive pvp is not possible. Everything has a huge delay or is just not working.

And another Question: Why are there no pvp related DLC? We got Imperial City wich is kinda pvp related. Thats it. Nothing more. Okay Battlegrounds where are most of the gamemodes more pve cause its just running for the objective...

ZOS, pls improve Cyrodiil. Increase the Player Limit, Decrease the lag. Make Cyrodiil great again!

Here is an idea, get rid of Cyrodil PvP altogether, make Cyrodil a PvE zone and limit PvP to instanced battlegrounds. Problem Solved.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    frausty wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You have no idea what's actually going on in the Office and I can probably assume you have no idea how the game and it's servers actually run. If there's one thing my uneducated mind knows, it's that computer stuff is hard. ZOS doesn't want to make a statement based on hopes and uncertain promises, and they see no reason to just make a thread saying, "We know it's a problem but we don't know how to fix it yet."

Ofc i don´t know whats going on in the office but i know how the server and game runs. It runs very bad. And its possible for a game to run smooth with this big map and this many players. Did you know the game Planetside 2?

A company this big should have the knowledge and possibility to fix this issue. It is possible. This lag is game breaking. Atm there are 2 Options:

1. You accept the lag and join a 20+ ppl zerg where lag doesnt matter cause you only spam 1 button
    2. You quit cause solo or smalscale is not possible with this lag.

This game is out for about 4 years and they already reduced the population in Cyro from 600 players per Alliance to 150 and the lag just getting worse.

I can assure you that you have no idea how the server or game runs either if you don't know what's going on in the office. All you know is how the game client runs on your chosen format.

Yes the lag needs to be fixed and the player experience improved but if you seriously think that is not being worked on you are naive. New players read these posts and simply will walk away and not buy DLC or a subsciption. If people don't buy DLC, Crown items or subscriptions then there is no money to fix the issue.

This is a massively complex issue to fix otherwise they would just fix it - do you think any business wants constant negative publicity?

I speak from a position of some experience. I design multi-tenanted cloud systems, running globally and sometimes they run into issues that take a while to fix due to the server infrastructure, the networking, the underlying operating system, database coding, application coding, one person being an idiot and making a change that takes months to reverse engineer etc.

It is 100% correct that we all report the issues as we find them but this must be done in a constructive manner - posts like this will be ignored, (which is exactly what I am wishing I had done - but as I've already started). When you're watching a video on YouTube or Netflix and it buffers, are you instantly on their Forums complaining that Netflix should respond immediately and fix this and they are a disgrace etc or do you think well this could be Netflix or my service provider etc and wait, hoping that your service provider and Netflix are continuously trying to improve their service. I know this is not a 100% accurate analogy as lag in the game is 100% more affecting but hopefully you get my point. In case you don't here it is one more time - No business ignores their underlying issues or that business eventually goes out of business.

They need to upgrade their infrastructure. Don't tell me they don't have the money for it either. They price many homes at 12k-15k crowns and they sell well. If they didn't sell well then the price would be lower. The exorbitant profits from the crown store and the crown crates need to start be re-invested back into improving the infrastructure and servers. That's it.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    They will ignore you if you don't treat them with respect they deserve as human beings doing their difficult job.

I feel disrespected that i bought a game and pay $15 a month for a premium sub tier and still can't land light attacks in Cyrodiil and still get crashed to the Xbox Dashboard.

I must have said this 10 times on here but people being rude on a message board is a pretty terrible reason to not fix bugs, performance issues, and address customer concerns. The way customers treat you should have no bearing on how you perform your job if you really care about it. If we didn't help all the customers that were rude to us at one point or another we wouldn't have very many customers at all at my job. People get pissed when your product is flawed and does not work right, especially when many of those customers are paying a subscription. You can't leave Cyrodiil in the state that it's in while ignoring a plethora of other bugs and expect everyone to be polite and respectful to you. It would be great if everyone could be nice and polite all the time but when things don't work people get mad and I don't think you can blame them. Especially in a situation like this where so many things have been broken since I've been playing the game and have gone unfixed.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on January 19, 2018 3:47PM
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are two issues here:
    1) the problem is deep in the engine/server code, and ZOS might not even be able to fix it at all
    2) the return-on-investment is poor from their point of view.

Say they spend a ton of money, re-architect the engine, and fix the lag in Cyrodil. How much more money will they make?

Say they take that same ton of money and invest it in new cosmetics, houses, and items to sell. How much more money would they make?

The answer is obvious.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    1) the problem is deep in the engine/server code, and ZOS might not even be able to fix it at all

Say they spend a ton of money, re-architect the engine, and fix the lag in Cyrodil. How much more money will they make?

Say they take that same ton of money and invest it in new cosmetics, houses, and items to sell. How much more money would they make?

The answer is obvious.

Its not simply how much they will make - but how much will they lose by not doing it. Plenty of players only play this game for Cyrodiil - but spend money regularly to support their game. If they feel ignored and their part of the game is not working they will take their money elsewhere. I'm VERY close to that point right now, and put a fair bit of cash into this game.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP.

I think it is worse not to tell us anything at all.

I would respect them, if they were just honest and said, at the time we are not planing any fixes. At least then we know, it is , what it is.

But the fact of ignoring us, is insulting.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

The answer is obvious.

Its not simply how much they will make - but how much will they lose by not doing it. Plenty of players only play this game for Cyrodiil - but spend money regularly to support their game. If they feel ignored and their part of the game is not working they will take their money elsewhere. I'm VERY close to that point right now, and put a fair bit of cash into this game.

My guess is that they have metrics on this. If 10% of the player base is PvP, and 50% of them quit out of frustration, ZoS has lost 5% of the base.

It seems obvious they have made the decision not to fix it, or to make promises.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched back to WoW...it's honestly better lol...how sad is that?
    Edited by Moglijuana on January 19, 2018 4:30PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Yo,

Everyday a new thread is created complaining about the biggest issue in ESO. The horrible lag in Cyrodiil. Everyday. When they do ESO live stream the chat is spammend with questions about the ongoing lag in Cyrodiil.

They are not reacting to it. They are just ignoring it. No Comment on Forum, no Comment in Stream. There are now more then 4 Patches without any improvement to this major issue.

You have no idea what's actually going on in the Office and I can probably assume you have no idea how the game and it's servers actually run. If there's one thing my uneducated mind knows, it's that computer stuff is hard. ZOS doesn't want to make a statement based on hopes and uncertain promises, and they see no reason to just make a thread saying, "We know it's a problem but we don't know how to fix it yet."

You’re wrong. There have been multiple threads about this that ZOS responsed too. In fact, ZOS posted a sticky about the poor performance in Cyrodiil. Periodically they post bs to make it seem like they’re concerned. This patronizes some people. Those of us who actually play in Cyrodiil know better by now. Either ZOS doesn’t know how to fix it or they just don’t care. Either way, they aren’t going to admit it one way or another. Our only hope is that certain devs leave eso and they actually hire someone who cares.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The answer is obvious.

My guess is that they have metrics on this. If 10% of the player base is PvP, and 50% of them quit out of frustration, ZoS has lost 5% of the base.

It seems obvious they have made the decision not to fix it, or to make promises.

I'm sure they do.. Although the last poll I saw here based on who plays what showed that the majority played both - and it was a minority that only played PVP or only played PVE.

10% of the player base may be *purely* PVP - but there are an awful lot who do both. And how many of those chose this game because of the 'BOTH' part - and how many may go elsewhere if one aspect is unplayable. And how many of those are also spending money on ESO+, crown crates, the crown store in general, expansions etc..? There is no way to know that.

Edited by Biro123 on January 19, 2018 5:08PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last poll I saw here based on who plays what showed that the majority played both - and it was a minority that only played PVP or only played PVE.
    The participants in this forum do not even vaguely begin to represent an accurate cross section of the playerbase.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo,

We really need an big improvement to this issue. With this lag competetive pvp is not possible. Everything has a huge delay or is just not working.

And another Question: Why are there no pvp related DLC? We got Imperial City wich is kinda pvp related. Thats it. Nothing more. Okay Battlegrounds where are most of the gamemodes more pve cause its just running for the objective...

ZOS, pls improve Cyrodiil. Increase the Player Limit, Decrease the lag. Make Cyrodiil great again!

Here is an idea, get rid of Cyrodil PvP altogether, make Cyrodil a PvE zone and limit PvP to instanced battlegrounds. Problem Solved.

yeah. enjoy your dead game now.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    the last poll I saw here based on who plays what showed that the majority played both - and it was a minority that only played PVP or only played PVE.
    The participants in this forum do not even vaguely begin to represent an accurate cross section of the playerbase.

Possibly - possibly not.. but we either go by the information we have or... just make assumptions on the data we don't have?

Regardless - the point is - I'm paying to play this game - but regularly log off in disgust due to server performance. They should fix it or I'm gonna stop paying.

And I expect I'm not the only one.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Forever.
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes every day the evil overlords of Zos sits on their thrones of puppy and baby panda skulls and plot how they can further ignore the pure and righteous PVPers of Cyrodil.

Will justice ever come to the land?

tenor.gif?itemid=4697015
    Edited by Balamoor on January 19, 2018 7:24PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The serverside stuff I think might not be something they can fix at this point. The sheer ammount of factors, and the sheer ammount of original causes mean it could be something with the datacenter location, or how they have they're severs wired.

Everything else? There's little to no excuse for the crap they pull. Repeated adversarial responses to feedback, or just outright silence.

If you are dis-satisfied with the product, yank you're monitary support entirely. It is the only thing that gets results with corporations.

And above all...dont lisen to the resident apologists, who know who they are.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 19, 2018 7:30PM
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah those guys are the worst almost as bad as the white knight whales who dare purchase crown crates huh?

lol
    Edited by Balamoor on January 19, 2018 7:35PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »

Yeah those guys are the worst almost as bad as the white knight whales who dare purchase crown crates huh?

lol

I have nothing to say to you, that hasn't allready been said.

I hope you find you're peace.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 19, 2018 7:39PM
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to go with the "theres to many numbers argument"

i bet if they did more external testing on the servers. Remove proc sets and remove CP (wich they did and Cyrodiil greatly performed better). Force people to go to different servers, And make Cyrodiil more tactical in its gameplay dissions THEN we would probably have a better running game. BUT Until they actually make an Effort Cyrodiil is going to lag and slowly not be played.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I even consider going into cyrodil anymore is to level the skill lines on new characters. Even then, I have been pushing it off on my stam DK because it is just so gruelling. I'm looking forward to the leveling changes so I can start my stam warden. As far as I'm concerned, controls can wait, and vigor can be temporarily replaced for that character.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »
    I was in Vivec last night. And it turned out fg GREAT! We just have seen it in a wrong way people! They secretly changed Cryo as a turn based strategy, and it works GREAT that way. As intended, there is nothing to see there.

You high ?

8670007acc962b8f0b793d436c3a929077fec44dac64035a936002d353195e82.jpg

Edited by Ch4mpTW on January 19, 2018 9:53PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore? They send me E-mails all the time. Well not all the time but a lot.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frustrating part, got a little taste of a fairly good lag free Cyrodiil during the load screen of death era on console...it was great.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys,

Just want to let you know that we have been seeing your concerns. Game performance and loading screens is something that we're constantly monitoring and investigating ways to improve. That said, we do understand there have been an increase in reported issues lately, and we know it's frustrating. We have some fixes for loading screens coming to next week's PTS patch, and believe we have some leads for overall performance improvements that we're actively digging into.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    looks like you're not being ignored
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the majority is.
    The hardcore elite player or the casual player that plays because they have not released ES6 yet?
  • programcanaan
    programcanaan
    ✭✭✭
    The more things change the more bugs are going to appear. Be patient, they problem will be ironed out eventually. But do feel free to give constant (positive)feedback. If you read patch notes they've been trying to make improvements to many facets of the game (like graphics and many more) Which can lead to new problems. Be more diplomatic and less dramatic.

Edit: And being on 3 platforms makes progress take time
    Edited by programcanaan on January 19, 2018 10:53PM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    looks like you're not being ignored

That response is almost cut and paste from the dozens of other times threads like this have been made over the last 4 years.
    The, we'll look into it, only means something if a tangible result comes out.
    Game performance issues are about to hit 4 years with no real change.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo,

Cannot be fixed since 2014...
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO Lag
    short answer
    They cant fix it without rewriting the entire game
    Long answer
    They will not rewrite the entire game so lag is here to stay
    long long answer
    keep buying loot crates and houses but we will never fix the lag because there is not short term fix for it and we will not rewrite the entire game