The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Very long loading screens since patch?

• Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted my shader cashe and got into Greenshade.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seemed to help:

1. Close the game
    2. Go in to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\
    3. Rename the "live" folder to "live.old"
    4. Relaunch the game (a new live folder will be created)

From this thread.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seemed to help:

1. Close the game
    2. Go in to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\
    3. Rename the "live" folder to "live.old"
    4. Relaunch the game (a new live folder will be created)

From this thread.

If you're gonna do this, you will have to copy all your add-ons back then.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Can you guys try again, please? (I promise we're doing something, not just asking you to try for the heck of it)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina - my char that could NOT load is now able to do so. Whatever you did, it fixed one of the 3 chars that had issues.
    Ray
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno it is fixed for my characters:)
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They moved my EP sorc to Stonefalls and I was able to login finally. Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno!
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    YAY!!! I can log in my main. Thank you for your prompt attention to the problem.
  • Gnatz
    Gnatz
    ✭✭
    Haven't had any difficulty until I tried to travel to Coldharbour. It seems I have to force quit and restart client, but this puts me back in the last zone I was in outside Coldharbour.

Then I'm able to go to any other zone, but if I try to go to Coldharbour, once again interminable loading screen.

Having the exact same problem here. Tried several different origin wayshrines in other zones, and several destinations in Coldharbour, with no luck. Even left loading screen up while I ran out to be TaxiDad for an hour or so ... came back to same spinny-thing in the corner of the screen that was there when I left, and not even a time-out error disconnect.

Ticket's been filed, going to go give it another try now. I've already made all the necessary exceptions to the anti-virus program I'm running. Next I'll try disabling all mods & add-ons. After that, maybe a complete un-install with directory deletes and re-install (shudder). Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, I'm not the only one this is happening to.
    Gnatz

"The squeaky wheel gets the kick." -- Minsc
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you guys try again, please? (I promise we're doing something, not just asking you to try for the heck of it)

PC-NA had 2 ILS trying to get into Snapleg Cave yesterday. Just tried again on same character and got in first attempt - 13s. Got back out in 8s.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just checked, yes I can get into Coldharbour now.
    Thank You!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Gnatz
    Gnatz
    ✭✭
    Yup. They took the locks off the Coldharbour doors. Next time the keymaster goes on vacation, PLEASE ask him to leave the keys with gatekeeper, OK, y'all?

Thx for fixin' this little problem so quickly.

:)
    Gnatz

"The squeaky wheel gets the kick." -- Minsc
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭

It's working!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The person that said to rename your live file should get a :cookie: and a Sweetroll . Game running faster then ever .

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/Zys7321
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 23, 2016 11:05PM
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

it's not just load screens, it's performance, fps, stutter, everything. Feel like the game is on the brink of just sagging together at any time.

Even outside the lag and stutter fest that is Cyrodiil, PvE zones also are sluggish, stutter, and everything form NPCs, players and objects takes forever to load in.

EU PC here.

same here on NA
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

it's not just load screens, it's performance, fps, stutter, everything. Feel like the game is on the brink of just sagging together at any time.

Even outside the lag and stutter fest that is Cyrodiil, PvE zones also are sluggish, stutter, and everything form NPCs, players and objects takes forever to load in.

EU PC here.

same here on NA

same here on NA²
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still getting horrendously bad loading screens on the NA PC server, especially when going from an overworld zone into any delve or dungeon.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • jao0199
    jao0199
    ✭✭✭
    999+ ping here NA PC
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »

PC-NA had 2 ILS trying to get into Snapleg Cave yesterday. Just tried again on same character and got in first attempt - 13s. Got back out in 8s.

And now 4 hours later ILS again trying to get into Snapleg Cave. Looks like it happens when the server is busy.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom every time I want to do an TG heist on any char I have is a guaranteed looooooooooooong loadscreen that kicks me to login page. PC/NA

EDIT: Just noticed the load screens are way too often on the x64 executable. x32 one runs mostly fine.
    Edited by jcaceresw on August 24, 2016 4:19AM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina for notifying the right people and tell them thanks for getting it resolved. I'm back to picking pockets!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    This is getting more and more fustrating. In dungeon was fine, after getting ported out back to square one. ARgggh.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever you were trying didn't come close to fixing it.

As of 11:40 pm pacific time, I am getting ridiculous lag and 999+ ping for several minutes after zoning/loading screens.

For the love of god please stop breaking your game, having full day (sometimes multiple per week) downtimes trying to fix someone's incompetence, only to have the game still be broken.

This is getting to be as bad or worse than the crap that was happening after the "infamous" lighting patch.

TL;DR- FIX YOUR GAME!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine my situation a an hour or so ago.

I was still doing Cadwell's Gold at the point we go to Sovngarde. Instead of having a regular activator like "Go to Sovngarde" we have an animation in which we get stunned, perform an animation and go to a load screen and I get stuck with an infinte loading screen

I could wait, but, at same time I've been invited to go for a trial then I close the game by force.

When I log in again what happens? Instead of be already in Sovngarde or in front of the portal so I can enter again, the game returned me while performing the stun animation to enter the portal

The result? I get an infinite loading screen, i boot the game, log in again and get stuck again. Rinse and repeat.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Clarkieson wrote: »
    We'll take a look, thanks guys. Is this just NA or is anyone on EU as well?

So let me get this right.

PC players have some glitches for 24 hours and you guys jump all over it like a rash, while console players come on the these forums and submit bug reports and get ignored for months on end?

Is this some kind of joke? Are you laughing?

This is absolutely disgusting. How can you even have the nerve?

What an outrage, just why do think you can treat people like this? The you are sick, your compnay is scum and your game is trash
    Protip for you @Clarkieson: when you fill your posts with nothing but hyperbole and insults you get dismissed and ignored. And rightfully so.

thats ok for you to say, i have my opinions and i am going to vent especially when all the console players are ignored, just like you say

but we cant all have our tears mopped up by ZOS bunnies can we?
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The infinite load screens from Monday were replaced on Tuesday with sudden ping spikes, lag and game desynchronisations such that I was alive and moving on my screen but dead and flopping around like a fish for each of my group mates, and overall the game was slow to respond under normal ping conditions in Rwal'ka, and Veteran Maw. The performance issues were so bad we suspended or Maw run before the twins. This impacted players across several raiding guilds. Many of us logged early because of the instability.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still getting outrageously long loading screens @ZOS_GinaBruno, PC NA, everywhere--Cyrodiil, Riften, etc.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag made for some good theater last night while running Tempest Island.

Group got a good laugh as my character ran sideways over a cliff a good 20 feet away and died.

Wasn't even touching the keyboard before my character decided to test the laws of physics :/

Dear ZOS, I can do a perfectly good job of getting my characters killed on my own. No need to sick the lag monster on them ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also notice a lot of Desync lately in PVE, Instanced Zone especially (since I spend most of my time in those). On a Magika Sorc it's definitly usual to have one of those during a classic LA+Force Pulse combination and waiting for Crystal Frag to proc.

Do you expect one Tamriel to help toward this regard ? Maestrom is especially painfull to play in (from Canada on N/A server)
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to fix my game last night. Na Server.

Game was working perfect since before Mondays maintenance and patch.

Was getting terrible performance, after the patch, lots of ping, lots of fps drops, long loads, basically everything in this thread.

I was in the task manager and noticed while I was in game all my computers ram was being used for some reason. Even alt tabbing to pull up a website was a chore, or opening a program like minion to see if my addons needed updates. Anyways I tried a few basic things, disable all addons, restart computer, I tried the esolive folder fix in this thread and I think another fix and nothing worked.

I always have my computer set to clean boot. I redid that and everything worked perfect after. You can start/run, type in msconfig. I have selective start up checked, then you can go to services and check the box to hide all Microsoft services. Then disable all, apply and restart. I defiantly had a lot of crap running, but I did just to the windows 10 upgrade in July and I don't think I had really made many OS changes since then. You can google the clean boot if you need better instructions.

Load time still seems slower then it used to be, but this has happened a number of times in ESO life so far and is always a ZOS issue. The actual in game works get again though, no stutter back to 60fps most of the time.

Edited by wolfydog on August 24, 2016 3:33PM