The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Long load (zone) times and framerates are all over the place since patch

davidautry_ESO
What the subject says. Takes forever to log-in, switch characters, or zone.

Framerate hovering around 80 suddenly goes down to 30 ... then back up to 80 ...
  • davidautry_ESO
    Searching guild store takes forever. Seems to be a database/cluster issue .. I dunno. Everything about this game is slow right now. -_-
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Just after the patch I had an FPS of 2 - yes 2. Thought it was my GPU and put in an older, smaller GPU and then my FPS went up to my preferred fps of 60 again. So that was fine, i thought it had been the GPU. Today I logged in to my level 35 toon fine, but as soon as I tried to access one of my vet toons, the trouble started- terrible ping, (999+) eternal loading screen to try to log in to him, when I tried to move forward I found that ALL my keybindings had been reset to default - so I had to go trough the painful process of resetting to my preferences, and then, as i was joining in the chorus in Rawl of everybody experiencing bad lag, boom! The game threw me out.

I was about to buy more crowns for this game, but at this point, I feel like asking for my money back, because these server and tech issues are just getting worse and worse by the day.
  • Danisheraser
    Danisheraser
    ✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with your hardware. It's the game. Since yesterdays patch, Zenimax have made some serious mistakes, that screws up loadtimes and FPS like mad. Atleast on some systems. Their problem to fix it.
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am noticing similar issues since yesterdays maint and patch.

I did some pledges and in the smaller enclosed area I had no frame rate issues, but then I started doing some thieves guild quests in Hews Bane and in the city is a mess. Up and down framerates all over. I generally stay at 60fps also for the entire life of this game so far.

And load times are definatly longer between zones and going into the game then they were sunday night and the piror weeks.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to log in yesterday with my main and had to close it because it was stuck in load mode. So I checked my lowby toons and they log in fine. So after trying a couple more times and being patient, it timed out to password screen. Today, I still cant load my main. And same result. Hang to time out.

Very frustrating. None of my other characters are raid ready due to gear and level. Please hurry.

• Linnysse
    Linnysse
    ✭✭
    I've never had a problem with lag or load times before this morning. As of this morning when I logged in fo the first time after the patch, iIt takes several minutes to load an area when I use the waypoint or enter a building. And lag is too long when I try to fight or ride, etc. I keep my setting on low just so I won't have a lag problem, but that's not doing much to help this time.
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
  • Tsute
    Tsute
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not touching my hardware settings when this game was working fine a couple days ago. It's a patch issue, plain and simple. Something is going on with how servers load data and it's either taking a long time or not loading at all. Best just to wait until next maintenance to play again.
  • Zys7321
    Zys7321
    Soul Shriven
    I tried a simple fix which worked for me:

1. Close the game
    2. Go in to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\
    3. Rename the "live" folder to "live.old"
    4. Relaunch the game (a new live folder will be created)

This allowed me to get back in to the zones that previously hung or loaded slowly. Once you've run the game once you can replace any add-ons you may have had by copying them from your live.old folder to the new folder. I'm still able to get in to the zones even after replacing my add-ons.
    Edited by Zys7321 on August 23, 2016 8:35PM
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zys7321 wrote: »

1. Close the game

This allowed me to get back in to the zones that previously hung or loaded slowly. Once you've run the game once you can replace any add-ons you may have had by copying them from you live.old folder to the new folder. I'm still able to get in to the zones even after replacing my add-ons.

This seemed to work for me. Just copied my saved variable and add-ons back, so I'll see if it still works.
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Er... doing a compatibility troubleshoot on your game shortcut, is most certainly not "changing your hardware settings". It's like changing your preferences in the in-game settings.

The changes that the troubleshooter makes are merely pertaining to this specific game - it doesn't change anything about your actual hardware, beyond what you cannot set yourself anyway. It just makes sure that your GPU settings FOR THIS GAME (yes, hardware, I concede) is set in an optimal way for you to play THIS GAME.

Your settings with regard to all your other software, including games, will still remain exactly the same as it was before.
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and what's more, you get to test the game first to see if that improves things, and if you feel it doesn't, you just tell it not to save the new settings, and you're right back where you were, no harm done. ;)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    interresting tips!! thank you guys!!
  • davidautry_ESO
    I made the DPI change on the shortcut ... it seems to have helped with framerates.

However, I'm stuck at infinite load screen going into a dungeon delve.

Game is busted.
  • m2super_ESO
    m2super_ESO
    ✭✭
    Zys7321 wrote: »

1. Close the game

This allowed me to get back in to the zones that previously hung or loaded slowly. Once you've run the game once you can replace any add-ons you may have had by copying them from you live.old folder to the new folder. I'm still able to get in to the zones even after replacing my add-ons.

This seemed to work for me. Just copied my saved variable and add-ons back, so I'll see if it still works.

This worked for me as well...
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    I made the DPI change on the shortcut ... it seems to have helped with framerates.

However, I'm stuck at infinite load screen going into a dungeon delve.

Game is busted.

Yeah, as far as the dungeon tool is concerned, it does seem as if traveling to the location is busted. One has to travel via wayshrine quickly after logging in again if you log out during an infinite loading screen.

[Edited for duplicate post]
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on August 24, 2016 1:15PM
  • davidautry_ESO
    Noticed my hard drive is thrashing like crazy. Bad texture introduced in patch? I honestly don't know. About to take a break until they get this fixed.