The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It is official EU brothers, we are getting new servers!

ZDunlain
ZDunlain
✭✭✭
v0zycths146x.gif

Congratulations all!
PvP player
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Any post we could read the details of this?
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    PvP player
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy for you

@DirtyDeeds765
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Above all, pray that their HW exchange will be successful and that the EU will not have big problems this week.
    rs4bohg5lxln.jpg
    Edited by davidtk on 4 April 2023 03:55
    Really sorry for my english
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remembering the first 10 days of new na hardware upgrade ....
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 4 April 2023 05:02
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is cool, but after a while, after the hardware was replaced, the performance of the NA servers significantly dropped, practically to the pre-upgrade state. The same will happen with the EU servers. I'd gladly take back my words in a year, but somehow I don't think I'll have to :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on both PC/NA and PC/EU. NA is still much better than EU at respective primetimes.

The real game changer though it the introduction of multi-threaded code for the server, the first part of that change should come in June.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    I am playing on both PC/NA and PC/EU. NA is still much better than EU at respective primetimes.

The real game changer though it the introduction of multi-threaded code for the server, the first part of that change should come in June.
    I can't seem to find that bit of info, care to share? Would like to read the whole thing. (Regarding multi-threaded support)
    Edited by Shagreth on 4 April 2023 07:23
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »

I can't seem to find that bit of info, care to share? Would like to read the whole thing. (Regarding multi-threaded support)

Last paragraph under Hardware and Server Updates:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63363

They told us to expect more info in the patch notes for Q2 (the update that comes with the chapter releasing in June). It should be on the PTS in a few weeks.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point is to make hamster farm do the job with same performance but more reliably and efficiently to save maintenance and hamster food costs. Improved performance would be a sign of surplus server capacity which should be allocated for other jobs asap.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remembering the first 10 days of new na hardware upgrade ....

Right?

They're either very brave or very reckless doing this a couple days before the most popular event in the game. Honestly, I'm kinda hoping they mess it up so the event gets extended (I dont think my server will be affected) and I'd say theres a very good chance that will happen.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    9 years too late
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • ArrowPoint
    ArrowPoint
    ✭✭
    Any news on when the new servers will be operational today?
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArrowPoint wrote: »

Estimated (14:00 UTC) 2pm UK time but don't hold yer breath ;)
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old_Foggy wrote: »
    ArrowPoint wrote: »

Estimated (14:00 UTC) 2pm UK time but don't hold yer breath ;)

The UK is now BST, so UTC+1, so estimate for the server is 15:00 UK.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, it's looking like we won't be complete with PC EU maintenance by the originally scheduled time. We'll keep you posted on when we have a new ETA but it won't be by 10am EDT/ 3pm BST.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    what a surprise /s
  • Bastekk
    Bastekk
    ✭✭
    Hey all, it's looking like we won't be complete with PC EU maintenance by the originally scheduled time. We'll keep you posted on when we have a new ETA but it won't be by 10am EDT/ 3pm BST.

Classic
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody could have possibly predicted this.

Oh wait.

Thanks for doing it through trader swap again!
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy it while you can guys, on NA performance is now as bad as it was pre hardware refresh and doesn't look like it's going to get better
  • Alusan
    Alusan
    ✭✭
    You all need to get some effing chill
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And so it starts....

Be prepared for "some people are experiencing difficulties logging in", when nobody can log in.

Followed by emergency roll back - preferably performed over a weekend, when nobody will want to play...

Yes, I'm EU and I have a long memory :(
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh wait.

If it works out like it did for the PC/NA upgrade they will be disrupting not one but two events too.

Another first! \o/
  • krashd
    krashd
    Soul Shriven
    Just a pity we've lost 14+ hours of an event because of it. They couldn't wait a few days before disrupting us?

The person a few topics down with a thread called "Stop calling us adventurers!" is correct, they should start calling us mugs.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the day off. Go to the beach. Do the homework you've been putting off. Read a book.

Thankfully I have loads of vacuuming to be getting on with :neutral:
  • Sidewaves89
    Sidewaves89
    ✭✭✭

Oh wait.

Are you a trade guild GM or maybe an officer?
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you a trade guild GM or maybe an officer?

Yep. Sure is great knowing that these maintenances could happen on literally any other day of the week without affecting guild traders but they intentionally choose the one time that's going to cause inconvenience.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    well nothing will suprise me, logged on a just few hours throughout last few months until a couple days ago started to enjoy doing a few randoms again, well enjoying atleast half i joined. but i always knew the true 6 out of 7 day a week uptime of eso was coming. just need a banner now 'closed on sundays'
    Edited by Daoin on 4 April 2023 13:45